Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Neps_12lewisFTW

a needed smolensk tweek

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
15 posts
9,585 battles

the ship should have its bow, aft and ends reduced to 13mm so that it can be overmatched by 185mm guns and larger but in exchange the belt armour is increased to 100mm .

 

(Edit)

this means this ship is now overmatched by heavy cruisers especially those with radar and players have to actively asses the situation before smoking up.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,500 posts
27,554 battles
33 minutes ago, _Neps_12lewisFTW said:

the ship should have its bow, aft and ends reduced to 13mm so that it can be overmatched by 185mm guns and larger but in exchange the belt armour is increased to 100mm .

NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
327 posts
8,124 battles
5 minutes ago, albin322 said:

il think if you reduce the range of the canons that would make the ship more balanced.

I think I'd agree that the range is why it seems op at this time as it makes it simple to farm HP.

Any good player can rack up damage but the average will be brought back by those who are less skilled, as in a battle yesterday where I in a Mino and a Smolensk found ourselves contesting a cap with virtually full health and no one else to get involved.  The Mino murdered the Smolensk, not because I necessarily outplayed the guy, just because in that scenario it isn't dominant. 

Temper the range a little and it will remain powerful but not as easy to play as it can be at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,192 posts
29,757 battles
1 hour ago, _Neps_12lewisFTW said:

the ship should have its bow, aft and ends reduced to 13mm so that it can be overmatched by 185mm guns and larger but in exchange the belt armour is increased to 100mm .

 

Original version did had 13mm bow and aft, just like first versions of Colbert and Bayard. But they were too fragile with it. Also 185mm can't overmetch 13mm, only 200mm and higher can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,348 posts
11,720 battles

A tier 10 light cruiser having 13mm armour?

 

Has someone gone nuts... 

 

Why don't we just make it out of silicon rubber instead ay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
9,585 battles
1 hour ago, albin322 said:

il think if you reduce the range of the canons that would make the ship more balanced.

people would just run the range mod instead of the reload mod changing nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
9,585 battles
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

 

Original version did had 13mm bow and aft, just like first versions of Colbert and Bayard. But they were too fragile with it. Also 185mm can't overmetch 13mm, only 200mm and higher can.

13 x 14.3 = 185.9 (it then get rounded down to 185)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
9,585 battles
1 hour ago, Logan_MountStuart said:

I think I'd agree that the range is why it seems op at this time as it makes it simple to farm HP.

Any good player can rack up damage but the average will be brought back by those who are less skilled, as in a battle yesterday where I in a Mino and a Smolensk found ourselves contesting a cap with virtually full health and no one else to get involved.  The Mino murdered the Smolensk, not because I necessarily outplayed the guy, just because in that scenario it isn't dominant. 

Temper the range a little and it will remain powerful but not as easy to play as it can be at the moment.

minotaur can easily pen the armour with its reduced angle AP, if you angled properly he could have beaten mintaour easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
9,585 battles
39 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

A tier 10 light cruiser having 13mm armour?

 

Has someone gone nuts... 

 

Why don't we just make it out of silicon rubber instead ay.

glass cannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
15 posts
9,585 battles
3 minutes ago, _Neps_12lewisFTW said:

13 x 14.3 = 185.9 (it then get rounded down to 185)

also congratulations this now has a effective counter of heavy cruiser with radar that can discover the target and overmatch him, meaning the player has to find a better senario to smoke up in and shoot without being counter radared, player have to be more mobile rather than sitting in smoke whenever someone comes into its general AOE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
10 minutes ago, _Neps_12lewisFTW said:

people would just run the range mod instead of the reload mod changing nothing

Um, wait... wouldn't reload change :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

What an op Russian :fish_nerv:,

 

As if cvs & naff MM weren’t bad enough, The HE spam party got bigger with this cough, splutter, cough balanced bote, and yet an non Russian bote with less dakka was withdrawn as op, The Belfast 😏.

 

WG don’t even try to hide the blatant Russian Bias anymore, can’t wait to see how balanced Russian CV’’s and a Subs will be; can anyone please tell me what Russia’s Navy has done since 1853 to warrant this fair balanced game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,537 posts
4 hours ago, albin322 said:

il think if you reduce the range of the canons that would make the ship more balanced.

Mine do 19k and I want it left that way, but do not worry folk, the nerfbat will come swinging down like an avenger on speed, I mean it has already started with nerfs to he Russian BB's, in anything they need simple little tweaks like the choice of spotter planes in stead of fighters, the reload time reducing, to say an acceptable 27/28 seconds.

 

Won't happen though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,537 posts
1 hour ago, MadBadDave said:

What an op Russian :fish_nerv:,

 

As if cvs & naff MM weren’t bad enough, The HE spam party got bigger with this cough, splutter, cough balanced bote, and yet an non Russian bote with less dakka was withdrawn as op, The Belfast 😏.

 

WG don’t even try to hide the blatant Russian Bias anymore, can’t wait to see how balanced Russian CV’’s and a Subs will be; can anyone please tell me what Russia’s Navy has done since 1853 to warrant this fair balanced game.

Russian company, Russian Bias, works as intended in WoT's too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,500 posts
27,554 battles
3 hours ago, _Neps_12lewisFTW said:

explain

No explanation needed really as the reason you asked for precisely that overmatch is the reason that is stupid, Smolensk is a glass cannon as it is being overmatched by every heavy cruiser in its MM spread would promote it to garbage, for practical feel of what it would be go try Krasny Krim (actually even worse as krispy has some frontal belt however narrow) even Tier 6 CLs have 16mm of extremities and that 100 belt you mention is just pure BS and you know that, its a tiny narrow strip of steel over the water surface you will hardly ever hit when you overmatch the bow and slam through the 100mm plate behind it right into the citadel... Desmo would demolish a smolensk in 3-4 salvos - ie 20-25s tops and in meanwhile smol would do like 5k he damage nearly fully healable, nice trade...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
42 posts
6,649 battles

Rion \ «Рион», Auxiliary Cruiser (1901; ex-Dobroflot liner Smolensk \ «Смоленск») - Commissioned 1904, returned to Dobroflot 1905 and served under the old name, commissioned as Training vessel Rion 1913, Transport 1914, captured by White Army 1919, interned by France in Bizerte 1920, returned to Soviet Russia 1924 and sold for BU

 

Pre WW1 ships converted into toxic monster post WW2 ship. How low will you go wargaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
327 posts
8,124 battles
5 hours ago, _Neps_12lewisFTW said:

minotaur can easily pen the armour with its reduced angle AP, if you angled properly he could have beaten mintaour easily

He tried!  Took out another Smolensk tonight who came round an island and died very quickly, they must play at range otherwise they are indeed a glass cannon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
11,372 battles

Remove the hydro or smoke. Suddenly it's not stupidly overpowered anymore.

 

/Thread close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×