Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kiowa

Splash damage - How it works?

7 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,337 battles

Hi sea wolfs,

After purchasing Ark Royal with my 30% WG Anniversary discount coupon and using the her Bombers :) on DD's and BB's, I'm pretty interested in how splash damage works of HE bombs and shells.

If all bobs shatter they still do splash damage and can start fires - what are the principles behind per bomb?

Any ideas?

Players
9,842 posts
11,553 battles

HE projectiles require direct hit do deal damage, but their area of effect can cause module damage (engine/rudder/AA/main/secondary gun) when projectile lands close enough. Also it can trigger detonation, should one not have anti det flag and be EXTRA unlucky.

If HE shatters, all you can hope for is fire damage and module damage

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
25 posts
6,337 battles

Yes, this i figured so far but i need more details, like 

1 shell of cal. 155 has a 9% Fire chance and splash radius of 1,5 meters doing dmg = some formula...

ets.

It is interesting to know as with ships like Ark Royal or some other you have to pick your targets pretty good in order to do something in the battle.

[JRM]
Players
6,290 posts
24,183 battles

Emm wut? Ark just dumps on everything really, nearly every drop with those DBs is at least one fire going on anything you hit from t4 dd to t8 bb and at least 3k raw damage for starters? I mean ofc it wont pen the decks and turets of bbs but its not needed really...

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,025 battles

It is technically possible to “fun and engaging” someone with HE shells without hitting them at all(only requirement is that their HP is <75%, if I remember correctly), and HE shells explode upon contact with anything, islands, boats, water. 

[JRM]
Players
6,290 posts
24,183 battles

Yep had my Khaba poped once by a water hit...

Sign in to follow this