Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Vilodrom

KotS Game Layout

6 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
81 posts
1,670 battles

So I was thinking about how inconvenient it is that streamers can only be one one team while streaming kots, so i thought of a ‘gamemode’ where the broadcasters can see both teams. The different teams wouldnt be blue and red to suggest allies/enemies but would be other colours. Secondly, the main problem with being able to see both teams is that you dont know what is spotted. However, my idea is to make not spotted ships fainter and lightly tinted in their teams colour, and when they become spotted they are opaque and normal coloured. This would also go for torpedoes, planes etc. and would make kots a hell of a lot more fun to watch. This might require some development but i think its worth it! Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section i didnt know where to put it

thanks

[JRM]
Players
6,242 posts
24,081 battles

So if you want to know where the enemy ships are while the match is going on you look at the stream on the sevond monitor... :Smile_trollface:

[JRM]
Players
6,242 posts
24,081 battles

Exactly, live streaming is a liability but at least this way the team having the streamer in it is the one that chose to allow this while in your idea all are seen, why would you want that, any kind of outmanouvering an enemy is basically null and void...

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Exactly, live streaming is a liability but at least this way the team having the streamer in it is the one that chose to allow this while in your idea all are seen, why would you want that, any kind of outmanouvering an enemy is basically null and void...

...you do know there's a five minute delay on those streams...

and no, the teams dont actively "choose to allow" a streamer on their side.

a) pretty much every single casting is done by a pair, one on each team, so they can talk about both sides

b) at least in KotS it's so much standard practice that a team that'd suddenly refuse to be streamed would make themselves very unpopular very quickly...

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this