Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

If you are going to change a ships stats - please update the info in harbour.

30 comments in this topic

Players
218 posts
8,577 battles

I have the premium t7 British BB Duke of York. Won her or something - can't recall. She's not exactly good, slow reload and meh AP makes her meh I think, her non premium sistership king george V seems to be better. Fine. She has sonar, but slow reload. What she DOES have is that incredible british firechance. Mmmmm fun and enganging but at range he spam vs bbs seems to be the opion, at least to stack a few fires before going on to more "honourable" gameplay.

So after three games, with avg 60 hits - she reloads really slowly. I peaked at 6 fires in one game, the other games were 2-3 fires each. The harbour view says I have 41% firechance, I peaked at 10% in the first game and the other games had 4-5% effective firechance. And I was only uptiered one game. The first one with six fires. I know about the "asbestos" modifier of ships at higher tiers but this is not the results of a genuine 41% firechance. No way.

Are you telling me that ship still has 42% firechance? Really thats what I am supposed to believe? It used to give 1-2 fires PER SALVO not per game... You nerf the firechance fine. Maybe give her something to compensate for it but don't let her sit with her fake news firechance lingering in the stats screen. Nobody had that bad RNG. Not even I.

I hated that ship but at least she could be a god firespammer. Now. Pile of garbage with white camo. As far as the firemeta - yeah it's crap but thats not my point. My point is that ship has fake stats.

• Boring 4

[DAVY]
Players
3,167 posts
14,794 battles
19 minutes ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

I have the premium t7 British BB Duke of York. Won her or something - can't recall. She's not exactly good, slow reload and meh AP makes her meh I think, her non premium sistership king george V seems to be better. Fine. She has sonar, but slow reload. What she DOES have is that incredible british firechance. Mmmmm fun and enganging but at range he spam vs bbs seems to be the opion, at least to stack a few fires before going on to more "honourable" gameplay.

So after three games, with avg 60 hits - she reloads really slowly. I peaked at 6 fires in one game, the other games were 2-3 fires each. The harbour view says I have 41% firechance, I peaked at 10% in the first game and the other games had 4-5% effective firechance. And I was only uptiered one game. The first one with six fires. I know about the "asbestos" modifier of ships at higher tiers but this is not the results of a genuine 41% firechance. No way.

Are you telling me that ship still has 42% firechance? Really thats what I am supposed to believe? It used to give 1-2 fires PER SALVO not per game... You nerf the firechance fine. Maybe give her something to compensate for it but don't let her sit with her fake news firechance lingering in the stats screen. Nobody had that bad RNG. Not even I.

I hated that ship but at least she could be a god firespammer. Now. Pile of garbage with white camo. As far as the firemeta - yeah it's crap but thats not my point. My point is that ship has fake stats.

ok, so you have no idea how the fire chance works, the figures you quote are the base chance for your ship to set a fire, however it's seriously reduced by the type of ship you're shooting at, the skills and modules of the other ship too, so the actual chance is probably more like 10%, check out the wiki page - https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,211 posts
9,841 battles

Also, using DoY as firespammer is just ... urgh

It has excellent AP (improved AP angles and sAP) so you can wreck Cruisers so bad.

And to firechance: It always depends if you hit a part which is on fire already. So in order to see the real chance, you would need to check if you only hit parts which were not on fire.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,986 posts

and I guess that you cannot get a fire ribbon if your grenade shell would torch a section of the ship that is already burning

edited

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,687 posts
20,957 battles

How about you go educate yourself on how the game actually works before making such a ludicrous claim?

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
738 posts
13,104 battles
58 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

grenade

Makes me wonder if that is intended or bad translation? Just curious why would you call a shell a granade?

OP is yet another victim of "I understand nothing so I will complain". Very serious illness this days.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles
9 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

What @Salentine says. End of story.

Oh yea. and DoY = used to be awesome. with AP. Anyway, now, with the raised citadel = nerfed to the ground. Takes citas from the front.

Now imagine that, but with 32mm bow, better plating, more reliable accuracy and more penetration.
That's what KGV on T8 could have been, instead of that ridiculous HE spam garbage.

Thank you people who argued for a T7 KGV and who are now absent from the game.
So much.

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,986 posts
3 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Makes me wonder if that is intended or bad translation?

bad translation...thanks for the hint :Smile_honoring:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,950 battles

So?

I had a game in the Gearing with 1 fire in 183 HE-hits on a CV. Gearing has 5% firechance. You do the math.

shot-19_08.02_13_26.28-0084.jpg.2efe436ea7ba2db40a59665ebd2ab7ea.jpg

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
738 posts
13,104 battles
1 minute ago, Hanse77SWE said:

183 HE-hits on a CV

I would do the math, but there is not enough data to even start.

Please educate yourself and then do not come back as you will understand how it works.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts

And here I thought another m8 noticed the Conqueror description in the game still mentiones interesting stuff about 457mm guns... :Smile_trollface:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,445 posts
18,950 battles
11 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I would do the math, but there is not enough data to even start.

Please educate yourself and then do not come back as you will understand how it works.

Guess what?

I did the math.

(0.8002) x (1-0-0) x (0.05-0--0-0)=0.04001=4%

One fire in 183 hits is 0.55%

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles

Someone got doublouns back when WG destroyed Yueyang or nerfed Alsace? I don’t think so :cap_hmm:

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
4 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Now imagine that, but with 32mm bow, better plating, more reliable accuracy and more penetration.
That's what KGV on T8 could have been, instead of that ridiculous HE spam garbage.

Thank you people who argued for a T7 KGV and who are now absent from the game.
So much.

Well, there is still Monarch at T8 with 32 mm plating and guns that have somewhat tier appropriate penetration values.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles
7 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Well, there is still Monarch at T8 with 32 mm plating and guns that have somewhat tier appropriate penetration values.

It's lacking the AP ricochet angles and has potato accuracy, on top of being 32mm everywhere plating. 

We could have had a robust and consistent BB branch instead of a very large cruiser HE spam branch, and I'm still very bitter about that. 

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

It's lacking the AP ricochet angles and has potato accuracy, on top of being 32mm everywhere plating. 

We could have had a robust and consistent BB branch instead of a very large cruiser HE spam branch, and I'm still very bitter about that. 

Bismarck and Richelieu have no improved AP ricochet and work fine. Both also aren't more accurate than Monarch and Richelieu has 32 mm plating everywhere without Monarch's good belt armour and the heal. 

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
738 posts
13,104 battles
4 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

One fire in 183 hits is 0.55%

First question is how many of the shots did hit a structure that was already under fire?

We know that you cannot get fire when structure is on fire.

Second thing we need to know is what had been the possible chance of fire. For this we need to know what modules had been installed on other ship, and what perks and flags on your ship. The tier and class is important too.

Simplification leads to incorrect reasoning. You should avoid it in most cases.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles
1 hour ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Bismarck and Richelieu have no improved AP ricochet and work fine. Both also aren't more accurate than Monarch and Richelieu has 32 mm plating everywhere without Monarch's good belt armour and the heal. 

It's nlt about working fine or not, that's not at all the argument. 

The point is that having a normal kgv at T8 could have been possible, but instead we have HE spam garbage which doesn't in any way replace what could have been in any way. 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

It's nlt about working fine or not, that's not at all the argument. 

The point is that having a normal kgv at T8 could have been possible, but instead we have HE spam garbage which doesn't in any way replace what could have been in any way. 

HE spam isn't connected to tier, so even a T7 KGV with AP would've been possible. 

Players
218 posts
8,577 battles
On 9/25/2019 at 9:03 PM, Salentine said:

ok, so you have no idea how the fire chance works, the figures you quote are the base chance for your ship to set a fire, however it's seriously reduced by the type of ship you're shooting at, the skills and modules of the other ship too, so the actual chance is probably more like 10%, check out the wiki page - https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

I know perfectly well how it works, I have played since beta. You, however, seems to be more concerned by slagging me off than admitting that a base firechance of 41% is enormous: Even after tier based chance mitigation you would expect to start fires quite easily. The fact that a same tier cruiser with same MM on average can score 3-4 times the fires with 1/4 - 1/3 of the firechance landing 3-4 times the shots is the issue, and what I am comparing with. I realize that the statistical sample is small but either I had HORRIBLE RNG every game or the stats are off. And we know RNG can be horrible - but PEAKING at 10% actual firechance? That makes me suspicious.

For those that are stating are you using it with HE omg l2p. Yeah versus higher tier BBs that are bow in you bet I do. I think you would too, the short fuse AP doesn't really help on the situation so in that situation HE it is...

Players
218 posts
8,577 battles
On 9/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, DFens_666 said:

Also, using DoY as firespammer is just ... urgh

It has excellent AP (improved AP angles and sAP) so you can wreck Cruisers so bad.

And to firechance: It always depends if you hit a part which is on fire already. So in order to see the real chance, you would need to check if you only hit parts which were not on fire.

Yes I can wreck cruises SO bad when the situation is I am facing bow in t8-9 BBs. Shooting at imaginary targets sure would help my gameplay. Stating obvious stuff also isn't really adding. Your post is describing a scenario that wasn't present in the games. I spawn where I spawn. And stating that I need to hit areas that aren't burning? Really that is your contribution? None of the targets were on fire until I put them on fire. Or more to the point - didn't put them on fire.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
2 minutes ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

I realize that the statistical sample is small but either I had HORRIBLE RNG

There you have your answers: Small sample sizes can be responsible for extreme results.

I had games with ships that have 7% fire chance and had 15 fires, whereas I had battles in ships with a 41% base fire chance and only one or two fires .... happens.

Play a few hundred games, write down all relevant info, and then make up a statistic.

• Cool 1

Players
218 posts
8,577 battles
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

There you have your answers: Small sample sizes can be responsible for extreme results.

I had games with ships that have 7% fire chance and had 15 fires, whereas I had battles in ships with a 41% base fire chance and only one or two fires .... happens.

Play a few hundred games, write down all relevant info, and then make up a statistic.

I will never play a few hundred games in that ship. I can't stand it. I'd rather use the non-premium version. But I got it for free for some reason I can't remember so from time to time I take her out.

Speaking of weird RNG - When I grinded the Tashkent (post-tier change) I hated her. I could not start fires with her at all. Regardless of tier targets. This lasted through the entire grind 'till I unlocked the khaba. She was completely outperformed by the T8 kiev in that regard which when thinking about the T8 MM doesn't make much sense (I realize the T8 MM have recently been tweaked). When I unlocked the Khaba I just moved the captain and never looked back. Then a few days ago I was looking at her in the harbour and, she has some nice things going for her in theory so I wanted to start playing her. And so far she has been an GREAT firestarter seeming to avg about 15 fires per game when I get to shoot: For some reason in most of the games I have been forced to cap as the dds that SHOULD cap won't - which have left me with a lot of downtime on the guns - but still I love the current performance. When I quit playing her I was convinced her stats were broken - she would just NOT start fires, what "broke my back" was landing 100 shots on a yamato without one fire. He just stopped caring and went on with his business :D. So I don't know what to think: patches that mess with the stats? Grinding through a t9 ships without premium or use of much boost flags takes a while so for me to have bad RNG the entire time seems odd. But whatever she is great now. Love it - the range makes her so brutal vs BBS.

• Boring 1