Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Divs in normal Ranked battles

Div in Normal ranked?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see 2 ship divisions in "normal" ranked battles?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

52 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
1,241 posts
29,368 battles

Simple.

I hate Ranked with passion (too frustrating for me) but enjoy Ranked Sprint. I think that the main reason is because you can division with a clanmate.

Would you like to see this feature in normal Ranked season?

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Players
4,765 posts

Idc. I hate ranked with passion.

Probably would be better than now, but you still have more than half of the team trying to loose hard.

[CAIN]
Players
4,898 posts
20,482 battles

WG should ban everyone who voted no. Permanently. Not only from the game but also from the internet. And deport them to gulag. In Siberia. With no clothing. And only marmite to eat. And no toilet paper. 

• Funny 6

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

As a solo player: No, sorry.

I really don't want to spoil your fun, but if I end up with a division of True Casuals in my team, and have to play against a division of purples in the opposing team, it would be even more frustrating than it already is.

Yes, that's an unlikely scenario, it's all random, and it might even work out in my favour, but if worst comes to worst, I'd prefer to have only 1/6 of my team gimped, rather than 1/3.

If WG would give us the option to chose solo play only, I wouldn't have a problem with it, of course.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,844 posts
6,892 battles

Yes. PLEASE

For you spreadsheet lovers out there:

doing thing with friends = fun

doing thing alone = boring

me want = fun

• Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

It kind of wouldn't be Normal Ranked with divisions allowed... how much would you nerf the rewards for a season like this?

Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
21 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

And only marmite to eat.

Marmite is too good for them.

4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

doing thing alone = boring

The abundance of certain "adult" websites would suggest otherwise...

• Funny 2

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,246 posts
23,343 battles

I always liked ranked and I still do. Your skill matters, you have more impact than in randoms and it's a good lesson in self-control. Keep it solo, if you want to play with friends play clan battles or random divisions (or sprint divisions).

Playing in division sounds fun but you seem to forget that you would have to play against divisions as well. Have fun against Smolensk + Radartaur, Kremlin + anything etc. while your team has double Conkek, double YOLO-20km-Shima etc. Also, ranked with divisions would f:etc_swear: over solo players hard.

The only thing I would like to see changed: Get rid of irrevocable ranks. Do you rely on those? No, but Mr. 2000 battles to rank 1 does.

I voted 'no' obviously. Now push me off the plank.

• Funny 1

Players
547 posts

A while ago I left another pvp game that ditched solo q. Would do so again.

If people want division ranked, just have a solo ranked and a division ranked run at the same time.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Idc. I hate ranked with passion.

Probably would be better than now, but you still have more than half of the team trying to loose hard.

I played 3 today.... I was ranting on voice about the team plays but then again I was expecting people to you know, expect me to do things which make sense. But that's also the only way I think it's bearable, I gave up on normal ranked because I couldn't even depend on a single other player now I can ( doesn't even always indicate skill, intention and communication on voice really helps ). 

5 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Soloqueue only.

1 hour ago, thisismalacoda said:

A while ago I left another pvp game that ditched solo q. Would do so again.

If people want division ranked, just have a solo ranked and a division ranked run at the same time.

BUT-WHY-meme-45000.jpg

It's not like 'ranks' mean anything, at least make it bearable for players expecting a certain amount of team work ( or comradeship ) in battles. As long as divisions are mirrored there shouldn't be an undesirable impact I recon.. 

• Cool 2

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
738 posts
13,109 battles

I do believe that my opinion is the best.

I do agree with people above me that it should be how it should be.

What we are talking about as I do not really care?

One way or another I will achieve what I am aiming for.

P.S. It was supposed to be funny but I failed at it, just like I fail in ranked :D

Players
155 posts
7,581 battles
13 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

... because you can division with a clanmate.

Would you like to see this feature in normal Ranked season?

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ !

My clanmate hates me, he don't want to play ranked with me! D:

Why give the happy, well adjusted people, with friends and social skills and whatnot, more advantages?!

I voted No!

• Funny 1

[ATUM]
[ATUM]
Players
15 posts
17,958 battles

Clanwars, hello? Sure you it would be fun to play against a division of try-hards with OP premiumships. Some people dont wanna fight in a proper competition.

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts

The ranked as a measure of individual performance would mean something in that regard if it would actually be dependent on the individual performance, the way it stands its just mini random with special prizes attached...

Barr the change in the scoring principle ie changing the lineup for getting a star by the base xp regardless of win or lose for example best overall gets 2 stars and next 6 or 7 players get one star etc OR swiching to say 4x3 teams as it was in savage battles it will stay as it is, the ranked is just a measure of your persistence as how much :etc_swear: you can take before going ape...

Hence IDC really

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
393 posts
8,422 battles
22 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

OR swiching to say 4x3 teams as it was in savage battles it will stay as it is

Just no. That was horrible and pure chaos, just keep the idea with 2 stars,1 star and last one on the winning team gets nothing because he might have been afk or a teamkiller, or useless.

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts

I mentioned that in the light of the way of increasing the individual impact, ofc to be truly individual you would have to have last man standing mode and base xp based prize lineup and probably a controlled pool of ships as well 

Players
3,337 posts
11,715 battles

Most defiantly would want Div's in ranked.

I am sick to death of playing with players that have no ambition to actually win the game.

Your individual effort means nothing if you have a team full of knuckle draggers.  They die quicker then you can kill the enemy. 

Having one more person on the team that like me, finds trying to win games "Fun" will personally make my experience so much better.

I never mind losing at all, but it's the way i lose that does my head in.

[OCTO]
Players
393 posts
8,422 battles

I would also like the players who are AFK for different reasons to be restricted from this mode for like 10 or more battles (this is intended for those leechers who starts the game and hope the team will win for them...)

Some of them have real life problems just when the game starts  and is understandable BUT for those who are in his/hers team this can lead to defeat and will start the frustration...

I think for the disconnected players WG can make a pardon.

[OGHF]
Players
1,302 posts
23,394 battles
16 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

WG should ban everyone who voted no. Permanently. Not only from the game but also from the internet. And deport them to gulag. In Siberia. With no clothing. And only marmite to eat. And no toilet paper. 

I think  you are on the wrong forum, naked dirty food lovers is on WWW. xxxxxxxxxxx :Smile_smile:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,725 posts
45,841 battles

Voted NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

On every poll I will write NO

You have clan battles, ranked sprints, coop , random, operations - ranked is the only 1 out of 6!! gamemodes that you as a solo player have even playfield - your rewards are individual as your efforts. It can also be abused by divisions if one is sunk and the other may have a good result but can be overtaken in a lost fight.

It is constructed as a solo gamemode by default.

Let us at least have 1! Gamemode without divisions especially when it is the valuable resource steel at stake. 

I understand your will to have it easier by playing with trusted divisions and that is exactly why it should not be allowed.NO DAMN IT!!!:etc_red_button:

For you that has voted Yes Explain why 5 out of 6 major gamemodes is not enough!!

Beta Tester
1,972 posts
12,866 battles
4 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

For you that has voted Yes Explain why 5 out of 6 major gamemodes is not enough!!

Simple, because one cannot trust one's random team mates to have put the required effort in to actually learn the game which leads to the intense frustration that ranked often causes.

A more appropriate question is, with so many other game modes to choose from, why do the poorly performing "casuals" feel that they should enter a competitive mode?

Before ranked was introduced it was very common to read on these forums comments such as "I can't wait for ranked to come then all the elitists can go and do that and leave randoms to us casuals". What happened? The casuals took it upon themselves to infest ranked too.

• Cool 1