Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
john1953

Question Re-Directive 2

20 comments in this topic

Players
83 posts

Making my way through the Second Directive. Making decent progress. However struggling with the "Clear Skies" section. This is not due to my inability to down planes, I wish i was getting the opportunity. Fifteen games today, tiers 6-10, and so far not one in game carrier. Surely when we have such a directive it is not beyond Wargaming to ensure at least one carrier per game.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,551 posts
8,852 battles
1 minute ago, john1953 said:

Surely when we have such a directive it is not beyond Wargaming to ensure at least one carrier per game.

If not enough people are playing CV?

You could go to Coop with a division buddy in a CV (or just play CV yourself) shoot the planes down there. Should be much easier.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,828 battles
18 minutes ago, john1953 said:

Unfortunately never been attracted to CV's and do not have one in port.

Do you know anyone who has a CV so you can get the directive?

I think I've shot down planes in co-op when someone one the team has a CV (so the AI has one as well).   Apart from spotting planes which I've also shot down.

Players
241 posts
5,381 battles

CV's will likely reappear at some point once most of the other directives are achieved.

For example, I have my MIno which should clean up that particular directive in 4 or 5 battles but haven't seen a CV today, however the last battle I had contained no fewer than...8 Grosser Kurfurst!!!!  8 (Eight)

That will be to achieve the secondaries part of the mission, 1000 secondary hits, and once that's achieved the CV's will, hopefully, come back.

Players
2,883 posts
16,293 battles

You can have some of my games then. 

Playing French DDs and getting CVs Fun Police in every game, making life extremely painful.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,626 posts
18,195 battles

I did it in 3 battles in CO OP I just took a cruiser and charged for the CV bots are wonderfully cooperative in that regard

• Cool 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,549 posts
17,795 battles

Lucky you. I don't think I've had a game without carriers...

Well, maybe one or two, but in general at least one carrier, in T4-5-6 even two carriers. Mission accomplished without even noticing.

Players
1,143 posts
18,332 battles

Well, I can tell you plenty of T6 CVs were in operations around noon, there was a dozen of them at some point. Even I dared to try them there and could somehow get reasonable numbers, although I'm pretty sure I'd get shredded the moment I use them in random battles. But yes, I suppose many people are hiding theirs in coop and operations at the moment, thus a smaller amount in randoms, at least regarding T6.

Salute.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Play with an even tiered ship in the off hours in co-op. When not enough players are online you'll get a bot CV on both sides of the match.

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
2,738 posts
13,669 battles
3 hours ago, john1953 said:

Surely when we have such a directive it is not beyond Wargaming to ensure at least one carrier per game.

oooh, so want it to be made easier for you to get a free T6 prem, it's not exactly difficult now is it? and you do have a week to complete it...

• Boring 1

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles

Half of my co-op games are with carriers, no matter what tier I choose (5-10).

For me it's hard to believe that from 15 games with tiers 6-10 you got 0 carriers.

Most of those directives are much easier in co-op anyways. Only the resources are faster in Random.

Beta Tester
3,286 posts
14,063 battles
14 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

If not enough people are playing CV?

You could go to Coop with a division buddy in a CV (or just play CV yourself) shoot the planes down there. Should be much easier.

I did it in 2 games. 

Just take a CV to COOP yourself and utilize your fighters to shoot down planes. 

0 posts
10 hours ago, Salentine said:

and you do have a week to complete it...

Actually, he has 3 weeks!? The directives stay open IIRC - although it will give him less time to complete the next directive :Smile_honoring::Smile_hiding:

But yeah, OP - just take a USN DD into co-op, max out aa skills (including flak ones - coop planes don't try to evade flak) and stay spotted - it feels to me on average about 1 in 2 games have a CV - even if both are bots. Red CV will chase you (DD) round the map and you get easy plane kills.

[JRM]
Players
6,309 posts
24,210 battles

@OP there is a number of players here that play CV more or less regurarly, most will help a m8 from forums if you ping them when in game, in general I would say find a t6 cv for div and take helena or atlanta with a full AA kit into the coop, you can use dallas if needbe (and several other CLs that have decent AA and are t6+ for dfaa as the matter of fact) but you can do it in any tier really...

[-TPF-]
Players
3,831 posts
15,781 battles

The problem with Coop CVs is that they get obsessed with one particular ship and follow them around all game. If you are that ship then plane kills are easy. If you are not, then you will never get their attention. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this