Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Eagle_Six_TR

Ark Royal, or should I say Suffer Royal?

18 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
9,284 battles

I don't know what Ark Royal needs, special mm or some buff? I don't know what is the problem with it, slow planes or brutal tier 8 AA. Any suggestion how to work her out in Tier 8?

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,631 posts
6,096 battles
26 minutes ago, Eagle_Six_TR said:

I don't know what Ark Royal needs, special mm or some buff? I don't know what is the problem with it, slow planes or brutal tier 8 AA. Any suggestion how to work her out in Tier 8?

Well thats what you get for buying her without researching into her flaws before hand.

And if you DID do your research, you should have realized this before hand and not bought her in the first place.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,631 posts
6,096 battles
2 minutes ago, Eagle_Six_TR said:

Lmao I got her from a mission tho

And, pray tell, just how many containers did you have to buy to get said mission?

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles

Caggi chan explained it pretty well to me @Cagliostro_chanhope ya dont mind 'w'

Spoiler

Cagliostro_chan:

Ark Royal gameplay-wise has two caveats:

• CV gameplay: Not everyone likes CVs, so obviously those that don't play CVs and find the post-rework gameplay uninteresting don't have to bother.
  • Slow planes. It's hard to emphasise how slow these planes are. Like, really goddamn slow. It's the biggest drawback of the CV.

What are the "fun" aspects of Ark Royal gameplay:

• Some subjective values like historical fame, liking the AL/KC versions, etc. People like to try drop Bismarck or DDs with this thing for a reason.
  • Easy to use. This ship is very forgiving. Good restoration and very flexible drops you can adjust midway through and still get it aimed is good for beginners. And carpet bombers are easier to use than any dive bombers.
  • Still great potential. The strengths of this ship are real and while you can absolutely play this ship for damage farming, do not underestimate the ability of Ark Royal to absolutely decimate important ships (e.g. DDs, CLs). Drops are memeworthy and while you don't get AP bombs like RJ, some island-camping cruiser will be not feel much better when you ruin their they with your 3-torp drop that arms almost immediatly. 
  • Salt-farming. Noone cares about your planes being slow on the enemy team. What they care about is that 3 waves of torps have a potential of 45k damage and decent flooding chance. The bombs on anything but BBs and T8 cruisers (or IJN cruisers) do a ton of damage, can basically not be evaded (Just Dodge intensifies) and whatever they don't wreck with damage they set on fire in 1-2 places. On stupid BBs that damecon your fires from the first wave, just drop them again. Otherwise, just drop folks who don't have damecon or who might need it because your team is engaging them.
  • Asserting dominance in T8 games, demonstrating that the Swordfish is totally fine in T8 and that the Reeework is absolutely not broken. Absolutely screwing over T5s, when MM gives you those games. And even in games where you don't get much done due to slow planes, usually at least you ruined the game of one or two  peeps.
  • Laughing at the detailed results when you lost over 30 planes and still don't care. So far I had only one game where I felt I overdid it with plane losses, where i lost over 50.

In short, this ship is perfect if you don't care about karma (but what CV does?) and enjoy the misery of enemies. Slow planes keep your potential from being blatantly OP, but I haven't seen so many insults in chat as in the days of my ark Royal adventures. 14 Euro (thanks coupon) well-invested. Would even buy for 20.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
18 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Ark Royal is fine. Needs no buffs. For tips, the thread linked above already contains my thoughts and those of others.

It is not fine...it is on weak side, much weaker than silver contrapart, it is fair to say it is weakest t6 Cv....can you make good results...yes you can, captain always win over ship

• Cool 1

Players
3,528 posts
26 minutes ago, veslingr said:

It is not fine...it is on weak side, much weaker than silver contrapart, it is fair to say it is weakest t6 Cv....can you make good results...yes you can, captain always win over ship

Two games a day in this and oh boy, your morale has sunk lower than a rusty wreck.

I sometimes try to get in an ops, but the waiting time just makes me go back to port.

• Cool 1

Players
7,517 posts
245 battles
4 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Two games a day in this and oh boy, your morale has sunk lower than a rusty wreck.

I sometimes try to get in an ops, but the waiting time just makes me go back to port.

Somehow i've been on a win streak, even got 6 kills and almost 200k damage in miss georgy.

Although in both lexi games team tried hard (most latter game mid tier) to throw but eh managed 120k+ in both.

I got rekt in my saint louis when i pushed and thought the 5 bb's (not even kidding) were pushing with me and only did 16k damage (although killed their yugamo) and got blapped.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
6 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Pick the right targets and move the ship closer with the fleet. Simple.

and that compensate for lower HP of planes and lower pen of bombers how?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,701 posts
20,987 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

By having glorious plane regen, focusing on TBs and using the bombs on the right targets I would assume?

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

By having glorious plane regen, focusing on TBs and using the bombs on the right targets I would assume?

Problem is that Furious can and will hurt BBs even on t8 with 32 mm pen and do dmg, and bombers are dooing solid dmg....Ark can not with 19 mm pen....limiting targets = smaller dmg = smaller influence in game.

Regen is great, but in the end (due to higher HP it is 1774 vs 2279, and faster plane 125 vs 98) striking power of bouth CV is simmilar with TB

but limiting bombers to low tier BBs and some cruisers is disadvantage, i just exited game and here is bombers help in dmg

shot-19.09.25_19.19.51-0310.jpg

shot-19.09.25_19.11.30-0429.jpg

Players
3,652 posts
14,315 battles
28 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Because the Torpedos are glorious. The DB, start fires enough to warrant use and they are nasty against DD’s and the Rockets also start fires enough. So a good system of rotation stacks up quite well for Ark. I might have only play 5 games so far. But I did not struggle for impact in any, even against T8’s as I have enough brain behind me to target the appropriate ships and read a map and the game situation.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Because the Torpedos are glorious. The DB, start fires enough to warrant use and they are nasty against DD’s and the Rockets also start fires enough. So a good system of rotation stacks up quite well for Ark. I might have only play 5 games so far. But I did not struggle for impact in any, even against T8’s as I have enough brain behind me to target the appropriate ships and read a map and the game situation.

everything you said can do T6 silver one, just better

Players
3,652 posts
14,315 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

everything you said can do T6 silver one, just better

As for the better part, have you got proof?Coz going by what I can do it in, in comparison to the other T6 CV’s, she’s pretty god dam competitive. 

• Cool 1