You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RwO99

I want to buy a premium ship. Need sugestions.

63 comments in this topic

[GS-RO]
Players
36 posts
7,094 battles

So I want a new premium. I have the Tirpitz which I like, Alabama, Hill, Texas, Graff Spee, Ashitaka and Sciroco which I don't play very often. I have this thing about Atlanta but I'm not sure I would be able to play her right. So I guess I'll have to stick with a BB. Looking at my poor stats what should I get? Roma? Kii? Gascogne? Atlanta? (Not a BB but this ship fascinates me).

P S. No coal ship as I'll be able to get one with coal in a few days....

[-AP-]
Players
2,488 posts
6,071 battles

Massachusets with full secondary meme-build is some of the most fun thats possible in this game

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
2,458 posts
11,004 battles

The only problem with the Massachusetts in my opinion is that you will no longer play the Tirpitz. The Massa is quite possibly the strongest tier 8 battleship.

Players
3,999 posts

Sharny no doubt.

Unique playstyle.

Sits at T7.

Suitable for Narai farm.

Can use Tirpitz captain.

Has torps.

Fast reload.

Decent speed.

Decent secondaries.

Has troll dispersion, but otherwise is a great ship... possible my favorite.

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
20 minutes ago, RwO99 said:

Looking at my poor stats what should I get? Roma? Kii? Gascogne? Atlanta? (Not a BB but this ship fascinates me).

Dreadnought or something - even Ichizuchi would be pushing it for your performance...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[NED]
Players
2,046 posts
7,852 battles
14 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Massachusets with full secondary meme-build is some of the most fun thats possible in this game

Plus its great for missions that require ribbons.

And its just so much fun but its guns let it down so if he really is close to getting a coal ship i would highly recommend the Georgia.

That ship has all the good bits of the massa with some sweet firepower. 

Players
6,310 posts
10,531 battles

@RwO99 please do yourself a favour and lisen to @Tyrendian89 - seriously. You are not ready for the higher tiers yet and simply no premium ship is going to change that. Besides there is nothing wrong in picking a lower tier premium. Ishizuchi is actually a more then decent ship which offers plenty of fun.

[-AP-]
Players
2,488 posts
6,071 battles
Just now, piet11111 said:

Plus its great for missions that require ribbons.

And its just so much fun but its guns let it down so if he really is close to getting a coal ship i would highly recommend the Georgia.

That ship has all the good bits of the massa with some sweet firepower. 

Problem is that its at tier 9, so the usefulness of the secondaries will be severely limited. You get a lot more chances to push up close and use your secondaries at tier 8 than tier 9, thats the big difference 

[GS-RO]
Players
36 posts
7,094 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Dreadnought or something - even Ichizuchi would be pushing it for your 

Oh, sorry for offending you smart [edited]. If you've got nothing interesting to say then don't say it. We're not all here for stats, maybe some of ys just want to have fun.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,488 posts
6,071 battles
Just now, RwO99 said:

Oh, sorry for offending you smart [edited]. If you've got nothing interesting to say then don't say it. We're not all here for stats, maybe some of ys just want to have fun.

I think he more meant that it would be more fun for you to fight at a level where you are stronger as a player

• Cool 3

Players
6,310 posts
10,531 battles
Just now, RwO99 said:

You having fun playing Henri IV?

• Funny 1

[GS-RO]
Players
36 posts
7,094 battles
3 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

How much you got kiddo?

You do realize that 99 is not my year of birth, right?

[GS-RO]
Players
36 posts
7,094 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

You having fun playing Henri IV?

Nope. But I did enjoy Charles Martel and Saint Louis...Not really sure what everyone's definition of fun is....

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles
30 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Thats a good choice, a BB with what is effectively an Atlanta strapped to each side.

The OP gets all his wishes :Smile_hiding:

[NED]
Players
2,046 posts
7,852 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Problem is that its at tier 9, so the usefulness of the secondaries will be severely limited. You get a lot more chances to push up close and use your secondaries at tier 8 than tier 9, thats the big difference 

Your not wrong but with the uptiering that tier 8 gets and massa's mediocre guns i still would prefer Georgia.

[GS-RO]
Players
36 posts
7,094 battles
2 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Actually I thought it was your height in cms...kiddo.

Was that supposed to be funny? Was I supposed to laugh? Really now, I've gorlt some 12k gold plus that 25% off

[S-O-M]
Players
653 posts
50 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Sorry, Don't see the attraction to the MASSA at all, every time I've been alongside one in my Alabama, I'm constantly having to bail them out, Massa drivers claim it's superior to the Bismarck for secondaries and brawling, sorry but even though I was under fire from a Montana and Zao, red Massa and I (in Bismarck) were duelling at less than 11km away in short I earned Arsonist, killing the Massa with ease and I still had enough HP to engage the Montana and Zao with the help of a friendly Montana.   Bis vs Massa ROFL, not even remotely close, and thats with the german's dire dispersion.

Next game I took out a North Carolina, who also thought he could brawl, (any closer we'd have rammed), again while being fired at by a cruiser, Shiny Horse and fending off air attacks.

Massa's are only good for two things, being set fire on with Bismarck Secondaries and being citadelled.

The only ship I struggle against is the Jean Bart, which is why I couldn't stop laughing earlier,  a wallet warrior firing HE at me, and reversing despite have the support of a Gneisenau, Fletcher and at least one other. 

So in answer to your question, which depends on your funds; Jean Bart, Kii, Vanguard, 

And then there's Tirpitz, which you have, which is even deadlier than Bis below 6km

2 Massa's vs Tirp and Bis, or 2 Bis, or 2 Tirp who's gonna win ?.  And how do you do in your Alabama against the German's and when in Tirp how do you do vs the Americans ?.

[-AP-]
Players
2,488 posts
6,071 battles
Just now, piet11111 said:

Your not wrong but with the uptiering that tier 8 gets and massa's mediocre guns i still would prefer Georgia.

tier 8 matchmaking is actually rally nice now with the new mm rules. you dont even face a fraction of as many tier 10 matches as tier 9 ships do because of how the new rules work, so there is actually a massive difference in what you face.

Also, georgia secondaries are not as good as mass secondaries tier for tier. If the secondaries stay the same, but you go up a tier so everything else becomes stronger, you now have weaker secondaries.

Basically what it boils down to is that massachusets is amazingly strong at tier 8, much more so than the georgia at tier 9

Players
812 posts
8,821 battles
1 minute ago, RwO99 said:

Was that supposed to be funny? Was I supposed to laugh? Really now, I've gorlt some 12k gold plus that 25% off

Yes, why so serious old man?

Funds give a better idea of what toys you can have.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
17 minutes ago, RwO99 said:

We're not here to be interesting for you, we're here because we play this game and we like to keep it fun. Most of us don't particulary find it 'fun' to be a burden to their team, which is why almost everyone here not only plays for fun, but also to the best of their abilities. This includes being able to take some well meant advice.

15 minutes ago, RwO99 said:

You do realize that 99 is not my year of birth, right?

Why should people realize this, I guess not from your mature posting?

9 minutes ago, RwO99 said:

Go buy a low tier premium. You're saying you play for fun, but I trust the others here if they tell me you're not ready for higher tiers. You won't be having a lot of fun I think when you're at the skill level I presume you are judging from the comments from others, most people don't enjoy being a punching bag.

If you want a nice premium BB and you don't have it yet, get Oktober Revolution. It's tier 5 so not entirely in seal clubbing land for the better players among us, and it's a good battleship which is pretty fun to play ( frustrating sometimes due to having those  2 rear mounted turrets, it's no Nikolai.. ). 

Edit: if you don't want a tier 5, get an Arizona. 

• Cool 5

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles

You might play for fun, and we can’t stop you. But don’t ruin the fun for 11 others in your team. Save your dubs. Get a lower tier prem and learn the game and improve. There are plenty in the T4-6 bracket. If you liked the French cruisers, get the De Grasse. Great ship.

• Cool 2

[S-O-M]
Players
653 posts
29 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Dreadnought or something - even Ichizuchi would be pushing it for your performance...

Don't touch Dread with a barge pole, unless you're just a collector, the ship has zero AA, and you will meet CV's driven by pro's thanks to the research bureau.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,488 posts
6,071 battles
14 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Sorry, Don't see the attraction to the MASSA at all, every time I've been alongside one in my Alabama, I'm constantly having to bail them out, Massa drivers claim it's superior to the Bismarck for secondaries and brawling, sorry but even though I was under fire from a Montana and Zao, red Massa and I (in Bismarck) were duelling at less than 11km away in short I earned Arsonist, killing the Massa with ease and I still had enough HP to engage the Montana and Zao with the help of a friendly Montana.   Bis vs Massa ROFL, no even remotely close, and thats with the german's dire dispersion.

Next game I took out a North Carolina, who also thought he could brawl, (any closer we'd have rammed), again while being fired at by a cruiser, Shiny Horse and fending off air attacks.

Massa's are only good for two things, being set fire on with Bismarck Secondaries and being citadelled.

The only ship I struggle against is the Jean Bart, which is why I couldn't stop laughing earlier,  a wallet warrior firing HE at me, and reversing despite have the support of a Gneisenau, Fletcher and at least one other. 

So in answer to your question, which depends on your funds; Jean Bart, Kii, Vanguard, 

And then there's Tirpitz, which you have, which is even deadlier than Bis below 6km

2 Massa's vs Tirp and Bis, or 2 Bis, or 2 Tirp who's gonna win ?.  And how do you do in your Alabama against the German's and when in Tirp how do you do vs the Americans ?.

Thats just not true... for starters massachusets has the best average stats of any battleship at tier 8, only exception is vladivostok sorted after all players, but thats a relatively new ship that is borderline op. https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3667867632,Massachusetts-B/

And when it comes to massachusets brawling capabilities, she just has an incredible amount of pushing power if played correctly, this comes from her fast-reloading heal as much as from her secondaries. Its all bout playing her correctly though, the massy wont magically make a bad player win engagements, you need to use her properly.

Im holding a steady 71% winrate in massachusets because she just has so much pushing power

The massy is an amazing ship, and if played to her strengths, hands down the strongest t8 battleship in the game. She wont do well in competative modes like clan wars though, simply because they usually favor a lot longer ranges, while the massy generally never wants to be over 11km away from her target