Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LiveWire___

Specialisation

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles

So, specialisation.

 

I have some questions.

 

Firstly, what does specialisation do?

 

Secondly, once a captain has specialisation, and you move him to another ship, the specialisation seems to remain. Does a specialisation for another ship adversely affect Captain skills for the non specialised ship?

 

Lastly, how do you remove specialisation for another ship, and transfer it to the ship you're currently using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,491 posts
8,838 battles

Captains have to be trained for techtree ships (note here: you dont have to train them for Premium ships!) in order to get full use of their skills. If the captain is not fully trained, you only get half of the effect they are supposed to give (f.e. concealment expert 5% instead of 10%) and if the skill cant give half the benefit, then you dont get it at all (super intendent is one example).

 

Example:

If you have a captain trained for Kongo, and you move it over to Fuso, you need to retrain him. But it will also lose the specialisation for Kongo, so 1 captain can only be trained for 1 techtree ship.

If you move the Kongo captain onto Musashi, you dont need to retrain him, and he also keeps the specialisation for Kongo.

 

To the last question:

Just put him on the ship, the game asks you, if you want to retrain him for free (needs more commander XP to fully retrain him) or pay 200.000 credits which gives 50% retraining, or 500 doubloons then he is trained right away.

You can at any time use Elite commander XP to accelerate the retraining if you want to.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles

Ok, so here's my exact sce

24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Captains have to be trained for techtree ships (note here: you dont have to train them for Premium ships!) in order to get full use of their skills. If the captain is not fully trained, you only get half of the effect they are supposed to give (f.e. concealment expert 5% instead of 10%) and if the skill cant give half the benefit, then you dont get it at all (super intendent is one example).

 

Example:

If you have a captain trained for Kongo, and you move it over to Fuso, you need to retrain him. But it will also lose the specialisation for Kongo, so 1 captain can only be trained for 1 techtree ship.

If you move the Kongo captain onto Musashi, you dont need to retrain him, and he also keeps the specialisation for Kongo.

 

To the last question:

Just put him on the ship, the game asks you, if you want to retrain him for free (needs more commander XP to fully retrain him) or pay 200.000 credits which gives 50% retraining, or 500 doubloons then he is trained right away.

You can at any time use Elite commander XP to accelerate the retraining if you want to.

 

So, here's my exact scenario; I have Jack Dunkirk on My premium Hood. 

 

He had been the captain of the Monarch.

 

Even after placing him in my Hood, it still says his specialisation is for Monarch.

 

How can I remove the specialisation for Monarch, and change it to Hood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Players
670 posts
10,256 battles
5 minutes ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Ok, so here's my exact sce

 

So, here's my exact scenario; I have Jack Dunkirk on My premium Hood. 

 

He had been the captain of the Monarch.

 

Even after placing him in my Hood, it still says his specialisation is for Monarch.

 

How can I remove the specialisation for Monarch, and change it to Hood?

But what for? Hood is premium, premiums don't need specialised captains, that's their whole point.

 

You can retrain him for Hood but it won't yield any advantages gameplay wise

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,491 posts
8,838 battles
1 minute ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

So, here's my exact scenario; I have Jack Dunkirk on My premium Hood. 

 

He had been the captain of the Monarch.

 

Even after placing him in my Hood, it still says his specialisation is for Monarch.

 

How can I remove the specialisation for Monarch, and change it to Hood?

 

You dont have to, because Hood is a premium ship. He is fully functioning on Premiums without any specialisation :Smile-_tongue:

Thats why, Premium ships dont need their own captain, you can use any.

You can keep using him on Monarch aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles
19 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

But what for? Hood is premium, premiums don't need specialised captains, that's their whole point.

 

You can retrain him for Hood but it won't yield any advantages gameplay wise

Aha.

 

I just wondered what specialisation actually did, and whether his skills are impeded by not specialising on Hood.

 

If not, then happy days :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FLYD]
Players
1,356 posts
13,066 battles

Specialisation only is for Silver tech tree Ships. Premiums accept all captains no matter what they usually command.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,808 posts
1 hour ago, BlackYeti said:

You can retrain him for Hood but it won't yield any advantages gameplay wise

how? Afaik the only ways to get captains trained on premium ships is to recruit them as 0/1/3 point captains, or to get them together with the ship.

 

I ask because for early access ships it could be useful to retrain a captain for it before the ship is converted to a silver ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,008 posts
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

 

You dont have to, because Hood is a premium ship. He is fully functioning on Premiums without any specialisation :Smile-_tongue:

Thats why, Premium ships dont need their own captain, you can use any.

You can keep using him on Monarch aswell.

True .... but some Premiums are just so different that it makes sense to use dedicated captain  (Belfast, Leningrad ...).

Still no need to specialize it on a premium ship ... would be just as good to leave it on the most similar silver ship ... but some like things tidy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×