Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sturmsee

The beautiful art of World of Warships.

2 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts
8,210 battles

When I saw the new wood model-splash screen, I just thought, "Oh my God, is this beautiful."

A huge part of the appeal of WoWs is the art and I want to say thank you to the artists, the researchers, the art directors and those who decided they want to see the game look like this. I am already sorry that this game might not be around some distant day when I would like to revisit it, I am making screenshots to keep for the family album. I am not kidding, I know how much the memory just of some splash screens and dock views will mean to me.

I am writing this because I learned that, to my surprise, some fellow players seem to be immune to the endearing model maker desk as harbor. I am not, I love it. You can't please everyone every time. But I think most players, like me, admire the work put into making the models beautiful even though it is not strictly necessary for the game. I really enjoy the history buffing that makes the package so much bigger than strictly speaking it needed to be. The care to details that are not game-relevant but invite to some role play vibes every time you fire up the client. I can’t without embarrassment describe the joy I find in following the plane that circles around that one mountainous island, or the cars roaming the streets of that harbor town. Or the battle ship starting in dock.

Now the wood model – art. Kudos to the ideators and creators.

Players
56 posts

Well said sir! And I wholeheartedly agree.

We players (me included) do focus on the aspects of the game that are maybe less than perfect (ahem!) - eg CV rework, recent audio [edited]-ups. Which is quite right really, as these things directly affect gameplay the most.

However the art throughout the game is a major factor in the appeal of the game for me. When I get sunk in a game (which sometimes happens hur hur) I sometimes fly around the map looking at the islands, the ports, the wee settlements with the locals driving around whilst all hell rages around them. Or just study some of the other ships still fighting, especially the BBs when their secondaries swing into action.

Mostly though, when I sink, I stomp off in a huff and shout at the cat.

Sign in to follow this