RedAnark

AI ships cheat

14 comments in this topic

[Z3NIT]
Players
696 posts

Ok, it's a co op, np. I do them for quick mission accomplishing.

But since a while, I did recognize that "Bots" or AI ships knows where u are, the direction you heading to, without any Detection, or radar or hydro.

I'm not talking if this it's fare or not with human players, but before it wasn't like that. Before they were heading to a direction and firing to the closest ships.

Now the go afk,  they hide behind an island, sometimes cap, they fire to specific ships even Focusing fire of multiple AI ships to that one (Salem it's one of them).

Ok, I can accept it, but CHEATING it's a bad thing for both human and AI players.

So please Developers STOP AI CHEATING with the next patch 0.8.9!!

Thank you.

I'll post when ready the screen shot of the path of an AI Republic following my Salem undetected + the replay, so u can judge.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,804 posts
10 hours ago, RedAnark said:

but before it wasn't like that.

sure it was

they hide behind an island,

they don't hide, they take strange/stupid routes

sometimes cap,

they capped 'normal' caps for ages, and bases only by 'accident'...nothing new here

even Focusing fire of multiple AI ships to that one

also nothing new...

as far as I can see there is only on thing new in coop: In the past, matches with not enough human players were filled up with bots of the lowest tier of an human player. Today you can have bots with higher tiers than human players (but still within +-2 of course). For example I had a game with only three human players, 2 DDs and a cruiser, all tier 6. And one of the bots was a tier 8 BB, on both sides of course...

Beta Tester
3,276 posts
14,063 battles

They just know when torps are coming. 

But if they didn't have that awareness, it would be too easy (not that it is hard in any way right now, but human players still manage to lose in COOP). 

• Cool 1

[FLYD]
Players
1,353 posts
13,062 battles

I even noticed they can shoot citadels... who programms monsters like this...

• Funny 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,824 posts
15,716 battles

They do spot torpedoes early (they also react to them faster than we can, which is annoying), they do know where you are before you are spotted (I have had red bot ships come around a corner they couldn't have known I was around with their guns pointing directly at me) they do tend to follow low health ships around the map (I towed three BBS around the place in a DD yesterday, and they followed me around an island roundabout).... it's annoying but funny.

[SHAD]
Players
2,459 posts
11,026 battles

Is there anyway to make coop more of a challenge?

Maybe 4 players vs 8 bots, that would be fun.

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
399 posts
14,867 battles
On 9/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, gopher31 said:

Is there anyway to make coop more of a challenge?

Maybe 4 players vs 8 bots, that would be fun.

That would not be the right way. Smarter Bots would be fine ... Bots with a plan ... not simply rushing forward with max speed and fire at whatever is in sight and range ... with smart use of their consumables

I do believe that can not be to difficult. I experienced chess programs on a C64 (1MHz, 64 kByte) 30 years ago which have been more than challenging ...

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles

Fun fact: when a bot cruiser sets you on fire using HE, it switches to AP and aims for your citadel.

Damn monsters.

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, RedAnark said:

Ok, it's a co op, np. I do them for quick mission accomplishing.

But since a while, I did recognize that "Bots" or AI ships knows where u are, the direction you heading to, without any Detection, or radar or hydro.

I'm not talking if this it's fare or not with human players, but before it wasn't like that. Before they were heading to a direction and firing to the closest ships.

Now the go afk,  they hide behind an island, sometimes cap, they fire to specific ships even Focusing fire of multiple AI ships to that one (Salem it's one of them).

Ok, I can accept it, but CHEATING it's a bad thing for both human and AI players.

So please Developers STOP AI CHEATING with the next patch 0.8.9!!

Thank you.

I'll post when ready the screen shot of the path of an AI Republic following my Salem undetected + the replay, so u can judge.

I think the AI coop ships are botting :Smile_hiding:

I mean you can't even rightclick and report them anymore, they ahr cheetsing! :fish_panic:

[FLYD]
Players
1,353 posts
13,062 battles

I like to report players :

:Scheer:

:Nimitz:

They clearly are using an Aimbot and Bot in general.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3