JeTBarionIV

HAKURYU TORPS NERF

3 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
22,303 battles

Hello all,

as other players have pointed out (more or less in salty manner), the nerf that occurred to the Hakuryu lately, by removing it's most advanced torp bombers, leaves me puzzled at the best.

In first place, WG's motiviation was the they were underperforming. What?!? Are you kidding me?

For those who don't know, those torps were at the Jap standard speed of 50 knots, in waves of 4 torps and with the amazing range of 8km!!!

This ment that if one had spec its captain with CE, the area of detection was LOWER than the range.

Translated (and stolen from "The Hunt for Red October") : "... that thing could launch its torps and nobody would ever know anything about it until it was all over..."

Cool!!!! But not quite all the story.

As CC iChase perfectly illustred in one of his video on YT, the range of 8km allowed to apply the tactic of "Area Denial" by keep launching from a safe spot over and over. Maybe you wouldn't have hit anything, but be assured that piece of sea was gonna be so saturated of torps than no one among enemy CAs and BBs would dare advancing. An amazing tactical advantage!!

So I suppose WG fell into a typo and actually ment OVERperforming.

As consequence.... the nerf.

Was it needed? I bitterly must admit yes, it was.

Was it well done? No, absolutely not!!!

Now the Haku has torps bombers that simply don't stand the comparison for instance with Midway's.

No more amazing range, fine!! But also dropping the attacking waves from 4 to 2, quite frankly it's a bit too much.

Considering that the squadron is made of 12 planes, at the best one can manage 1 or 2 drops. The remaning 8 planes are just meat for the AA. And you are gonna need them. You can't drop them before attacking cause also your HP isn't as good as Midway's torps bombers.

So my suggestion is to, at very least, to increase the attacking waves back to 4 torps. This also means 3 attacks per squadron (most likely just 2), not the actually 6 that one just would not be able to do anyway.

Thanks

Beta Tester
3,285 posts
14,063 battles

The 2xTB are actually better due to the short activation time and better maneuverability. 

Since they have a high alpha and flooding chance, these 2 torps are quite sufficient. 

[FLYD]
Players
1,364 posts
13,071 battles
13 hours ago, JeTBarionIV said:

As CC iChase perfectly illustred in one of his video on YT, the range of 8km allowed to apply the tactic of "Area Denial" by keep launching from a safe spot over and over. Maybe you wouldn't have hit anything, but be assured that piece of sea was gonna be so saturated of torps than no one among enemy CAs and BBs would dare advancing. An amazing tactical advantage!!

i rather kill the vessel directly, 

Areal Denial torps should be left to Destroyers.

Skyshima was simply broken. And this is okay as it is.