You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.8.9

49 comments in this topic

[_OYK_]
[_OYK_]
Players
267 posts
9,881 battles
2 hours ago, MasterEraserCoH said:

This game is no simulation. And now all together: this game is no simulation, this game is no simulation, this game....

:fish_palm::crab:

that was not my point. think a new gameplay like post-apocalyptic world with the ships firing only what they can see in los or their plane or their electronics!!! a new very interesting game

[N0RSE]
Players
169 posts
9,341 battles

Uhm... I really don't like you saying 0.8.9 is dedicated to the italian cruiser branch, because it clearly isn't, they're not available unless you get them in these containers. They will come in 0.8.10 if I'm not mistaken, so the celebration seems a bit preemptive, that celebration should be held in 0.8.10 when they are available to celebrate.. In 0.8.9 they're not there, so... nothing to celebrate..

• Cool 2

[I-J-N]
Players
3,125 posts
1 hour ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

that was not my point. think a new gameplay like post-apocalyptic world with the ships firing only what they can see in los or their plane or their electronics!!! a new very interesting game

I don't like it either, especially not the radar and proxy spotting but I understand why it is there because we don't have the sort of interface where you can manually fire by coordinates. So the arcade aim works as a simplification for that.

However...

IMHO it should come with reduced accuracy (don't know if it does currently) somewhat more like if you were firing without lock on target.

Beta Tester
1,049 posts
2,954 battles

quick question about rewards, the in game mission says do damage to CVs, but the article says doing 150k damage playing carriers.

Screenshot:image.thumb.png.b6b822e94b371db5706043c30f05a56b.png

source elsewhere: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-089/

I'm mainly playing to test the IJN CVs and a few other lines, but a free t6 premium...

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
120 posts
6,801 battles
56 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

quick question about rewards, the in game mission says do damage to CVs, but the article says doing 150k damage playing carriers.

source elsewhere: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-089/

I'm mainly playing to test the IJN CVs and a few other lines, but a free t6 premium...

The Article on the Website is wrong ( i mentioned in the news post about Round 1 of the PTS) as I also noted that they are rather different requirements
the in game mission is correct
So to get that Tier 6 premium its
12,000 Base XP
150,000 Damage TO carriers
500,000 Damage TO battleships/Cruisers/Destroyers
120,000 Spotting Damage

Beta Tester
1,049 posts
2,954 battles
31 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

The Article on the Website is wrong ( i mentioned in the news post about Round 1 of the PTS) as I also noted that they are rather different requirements
the in game mission is correct
So to get that Tier 6 premium its
12,000 Base XP
150,000 Damage TO carriers
500,000 Damage TO battleships/Cruisers/Destroyers
120,000 Spotting Damage

Ah ok I found your post here: 

Do you have any source material saying that the IG requirements are permanent? 

These requirements are impossible... 

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
120 posts
6,801 battles
4 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Ah ok I found your post here: 

Do you have any source material saying that the IG requirements are permanent? 

These requirements are impossible... 

No source per se beyond the Ingame tracking for the Personal Assignment and from trying out the various game modes on the PTS to see what counts and doesnt count.

First match I did was a 185k damage Kaga Coop game (none counted towards the Personal Assignment where it tracks your progress)

Second game was Random again Kaga only 100k ish (counted damage to Battleships Destroyers and Cruisers , I did no damage to Carriers)- It tracked the Spotting/Base XP/ Damage to Cruiser/DD/BB 
Subsequent games have done damage to carriers and it tracks those as well.

So, safe to presume that these are the intended missions and the website has a poor translation of them (Wouldnt be the first time)
Did raise it on the WG stream recently but not sure if they spied it in the chat or not

Beta Tester
1,049 posts
2,954 battles
42 minutes ago, DisorderZ55 said:

No source per se beyond the Ingame tracking for the Personal Assignment and from trying out the various game modes on the PTS to see what counts and doesnt count.

First match I did was a 185k damage Kaga Coop game (none counted towards the Personal Assignment where it tracks your progress)

Second game was Random again Kaga only 100k ish (counted damage to Battleships Destroyers and Cruisers , I did no damage to Carriers)- It tracked the Spotting/Base XP/ Damage to Cruiser/DD/BB 
Subsequent games have done damage to carriers and it tracks those as well.

So, safe to presume that these are the intended missions and the website has a poor translation of them (Wouldnt be the first time)
Did raise it on the WG stream recently but not sure if they spied it in the chat or not

Just done the same..

The missions are now impossible. The only way you can really do it is get a carrier and suicide rush your TBs into the enemy one...

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
120 posts
6,801 battles
3 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Just done the same..

The missions are now impossible. The only way you can really do it is get a carrier and suicide rush your TBs into the enemy one...

I wouldn't say they are impossible, certainly harder though.

Certainly more than enough carriers about on the PTS atm (im circa 80k of the 150k) and I've not been actively hunting carriers like some people have been

Mainly see Klebers or other fast DDs rushing them, or as you say, yoloing TB bombers and Rockets at carriers.

Beta Tester
1,049 posts
2,954 battles
1 minute ago, DisorderZ55 said:

I wouldn't say they are impossible, certainly harder though.

Certainly more than enough carriers about on the PTS atm (im circa 80k of the 150k) and I've not been actively hunting carriers like some people have been

Mainly see Klebers or other fast DDs rushing them, or as you say, yoloing TB bombers and Rockets at carriers.

i cant see WG deliberately encouraging this playstyle

also there appears to be only 1 CV allowed in each game on each side, and they usually survive the game...

Players
9,143 posts
10,735 battles
10 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

There won't be any change compare to the previous years, only that we plan to add a "nightmare mode" with increased difficulty to those two operations.

Any details available how increased difficulty is done? More enemies, using higher tiered ships?

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
120 posts
6,801 battles
7 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Oh nice, they hotfixed it, now it's do 500k damage to ships.

edit: damn they reset progress, i had 6k bxp...

Yeah, thats a nicer mission but, yeah the reset progress is an annoyance 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,007 posts
1 minute ago, DisorderZ55 said:

Yeah, thats a nicer mission but, yeah the reset progress is an annoyance 

I had nearly finished the mission yesterday evening, now I have to start again from scratch...

[TDOG]
Beta Tester
120 posts
6,801 battles
11 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I had nearly finished the mission yesterday evening, now I have to start again from scratch...

Much the same, was around 1k base xp short and a mere 10k damage left to deal.
Still, it was done pretty quickly considering when I started/stopped on the Test Server last night so.
Shouldn't take too long to redo just an annoyance mainly.

AS ever though, no mention from WG about why the mission is once again different to what was stated, or that it was being reset and changed.
Ah well, maybe in future ill not bother with the test server the day it goes up to avoid this mayhem and do it the following day when these issues should be resolved .

WG Staff
2,389 posts
4,169 battles

Commanders, we investigated the situation and are ready to give an answer.

There was a mistake in the description of the mission and it was quite difficult to complete it, given of that we decided to fix this combat mission. 
After the changes happen, the task's progress was reset. We understand that some players already completed these missions until restart and some only started to complete it.
Therefore, we have decided to compensate for this situation. 

With all rewards for Public test we will invoice additional rewards for these players:
•    players who have completed the combat mission will receive a reward as two additional Italian Cruisers containers, 
•    those who have started to perform will get half of the final award – one additional Italian Cruisers container. 

Also, you will have an access to an updated task, where you can earn an additional two containers "Italian cruisers". 

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any inconveniences.

[TMR]
Players
9 posts
4,361 battles

not a fan of the new Halloween skins, particularly the Yamato one. was looking forward to something in the style of the previous Halloween events, not this Waterworld/eldritch fusion. The old system of Steampunk VS Horrors of the Deep was better in my opinion.

[KARMA]
[KARMA]
Players
1 post
698 battles

I start to think that 50% of player base goes to PT server... why should PT be treated with events and sort of all rewards ? its a TEST server... so the goal is play in PT to feed the Main version ?
I am missing something here ?

[N0RSE]
Players
169 posts
9,341 battles
On 9/28/2019 at 10:53 AM, Zeusmester said:

and when is Viribus Unitis coming?

And now that it came, are you satisfied? :Smile_trollface:

[CATS]
Players
23,848 posts
13,478 battles
1 hour ago, Duncan_Carrier said:

I'm unable to find the next "update" date!, anyone know?

Next week.

Around every four weeks.

• Cool 1