You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.8.9

49 comments in this topic

Players
460 posts
2,228 battles

That 3 secs extra detection sounds like a buff for BBs and a nerf for cruisers/DDs.

I like the old system better. Or you are in the detection circle or you're not. Now it will be " you were 3 sec ago in the detection circle".

So I'm gonna give my own solution to that flikkering (that I have never seen).: "There always minimal 3 secs between detection and re-detection. Even if you are in the detection circle". Much more DD and cruiser friendly. BBs don't need any extra help in this current game. Same goes with spotting CV-airplanes.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Directives...

giphy.gif

FFS, diversify your events. Directives became boring a few patches ago, it's always the same (format), it's always the same missions, and in the end it turns out you have to buy additional crates because the rewards don't add up.

• Cool 9
  • Angry 1

Players
1,467 posts
3,087 battles

I just hope that the directives won't be too grindy. I mean, not that you could complete everything in a day, but not at the level that you have to spend your life on it.

Players
984 posts
11,478 battles

"2 seconds after leaving enemy spotting range..." 

The bloom reset used to be near-instant after losing LoS, not after going out of spotting range. Spotting range is something vastly different than losing LoS. If its losing LoS then the change is good, if its being outside of spotting range then this is an insignificant nerf as you are unable to see ships outside of your spotting range (view range) to begin with. 

[-AP-]
Players
2,483 posts
6,048 battles

the 3 seconds assured detection seems like a nerf for hit-and-run shooting around islands.

Literally everyone liked the way that you accidentally did the spotting system with the bug, there were no complaints, so why do you feel the need to change the system now with arbitrary values? This feels more like a case of "can i copy your homework?" "sure, just change it up a bit so they dont notice"

dont fix what isnt broken(also applies to sound).

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
857 posts
10,759 battles

Will CVs be playable in Sunray in the Darkness and have they change the ships in Saving Transylvania or is that just a random screenshot?

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts

I do hope we are not FORCED to play game modes that we PERSONALLY find DISGUSTING

And so I hope they dont do permanent camos out of that ugly piece of.... work?

at least , you could spend money and pay REAL artists to do that thing, if you have to do it. 

Now we have:

Manga ships

Beer can camos

Halloween monster camos

More manga clutter

post apocaliptic ships

ships lined in national Flags and confetti-like stuff (french, russian and american)

manga fluorescent ships

Now, post-Hallowallistic camos

.....and Ah!   WWI and WWII  ships! , almost forget those

:cap_viking:

I know there are filters, but it would be nice to keep the game idea and leave those things for master of Orion

or some other trash i ve seen.... 

The bathtub battles worked for me, that was almost 4 years back. But gets worse and worse every time. 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Players
460 posts
2,228 battles
25 minutes ago, victorem said:

I do hope we are not FORCED to play game modes that we PERSONALLY find DISGUSTING

at least , you could spend money and pay REAL artists to do that thing, if you have to do it. 

Now we have:

Manga ships

Beer can camos

Halloween monster camos

More manga clutter

post apocaliptic ships

ships lined in national Flags and confetti-like stuff (french, russian and american)

manga fluorescent ships

Now, post-Hallowallistic camos

.....and Ah!   WWI and WWII  ships! , almost forget those

:cap_viking:

I know there are filters, but it would be nice to keep the game idea and leave those things for master of Orion

The bathtub battles worked for me, that was almost 4 years back. But gets worse and worse every time. 

You forgot Spaceships

To be clear I like that stuff even if I don't use those camos on my own ships.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,789 posts
25 minutes ago, victorem said:

I'd say hopefully they will make perma camos, but fortunately the article already confirms this awesome camos, so no need to hope

30 minutes ago, victorem said:

so because you don't like them you demand that nobody else may have them...interesting....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles

The addition of researchable ships for the Italian navy is overdue, it was bigger than the Kriegsmarine, after all.

• Cool 1

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,511 battles

Keeping the game realistic while introducing all kind of silly non-realistic camos doesn't really go along... 

Just sayin'.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,092 posts
3 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

No "Terror from the deep" this year, that is disappointing :Smile_sad:

I guess you aren't referring to the submarines?... :Smile_smile:

[4_0_4]
Players
7,539 posts
13,659 battles

The 3 seconds sound abit much.

Wouldn't 2 seconds make more sense considering the other rule.

Also:

Now, the penalty to a ship’s detectability after firing a shot will be reset 2 seconds after it leaves the enemy's spotting range.

@Crysantos Wouldn't be LoS the right term?

[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

it is interesting.

a decision u have make long before make the game unhistorical.

In the times of ww1 and ww2 only the ship which have spot a target can fire on it. the ship can give the place of a target (strategic map), with relative accuracy, to friendly ships.

if u have use the real way, u can put radar to all the ships they had radar, sonar to all the ships they had sonar, smoke to all the ships they had smoke etc and, at last, the planes can spot a ship from grater distance than an other ship, in a clear day. that was the reason they had planes on all the big ships.

now u have to make adjustments to an unhistorical capability.   

• Cool 2

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
7 hours ago, Klopirat said:

so because you don't like them you demand that nobody else may have them...interesting....

wowS a game about.... space ships??

If you like space ships, its ok. Play a space ships game.

If you like 100 year old war machines, you dont want to see them firing lasers and 

being commanded by manga teenage semi naked girls designed for  virgin freaks. 

You expect other kind of camouflages or commanders. 

BUT OF COURSE ITS AN OPINION

.....demands?   where?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,823 posts
11,518 battles
16 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I just hope that the directives won't be too grindy. I mean, not that you could complete everything in a day, but not at the level that you have to spend your life on it.

most likely you will have to play 200 halloween battles to get the reward - OR WHIP OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,537 battles
10 hours ago, victorem said:

wowS a game about.... space ships??

If you like space ships, its ok. Play a space ships game.

If you like 100 year old war machines, you dont want to see them firing lasers and 

being commanded by manga teenage semi naked girls designed for  virgin freaks. 

You expect other kind of camouflages or commanders. 

BUT OF COURSE ITS AN OPINION

.....demands?   where?

Money mate, it is all about money, if 100k people plays wows, if from that 100k - 5k people like manga, from that 5k - 1k people will buy camo, captain ect. ect... 10 euros from 1000 people is 10.000 euros... But wows plays more than 100k people, and more thank 5k people watch and love manga..

So money mate, only money  :Smile_coin:

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,464 posts
3,791 battles
18 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

"2 seconds after leaving enemy spotting range..." 

The bloom reset used to be near-instant after losing LoS, not after going out of spotting range. Spotting range is something vastly different than losing LoS. If its losing LoS then the change is good, if its being outside of spotting range then this is an insignificant nerf as you are unable to see ships outside of your spotting range (view range) to begin with. 

We are indeed speaking about the Line of Sight and spotting range here. Typical exemple that I could give is:

If you're unspotted for the ennemy team for more than 2 seconds after firing a shot they can't "see" you anymore.

18 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Will there be anything in the patch in regards to the current sound issues?

We always hope to deliver improvement during our updates, but don't announce bug fixes in the dev bulletin. But if it's the case for the sounds, we will announce it in due time as we are always gathering your feedback and concerns.

18 hours ago, Seinta said:

Will CVs be playable in Sunray in the Darkness and have they change the ships in Saving Transylvania or is that just a random screenshot?

There won't be any change compare to the previous years, only that we plan to add a "nightmare mode" with increased difficulty to those two operations.

17 hours ago, soralapio said:

So no buffs for the Graf Zeppelin still then? Cool.

We generally don't announce the buff/nerf of the next update in the dev bulletin. If there's a change on this CV, it will be announced in due time. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
66 posts
11,125 battles
13 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

it is interesting.

a decision u have make long before make the game unhistorical.

In the times of ww1 and ww2 only the ship which have spot a target can fire on it. the ship can give the place of a target (strategic map), with relative accuracy, to friendly ships.

if u have use the real way, u can put radar to all the ships they had radar, sonar to all the ships they had sonar, smoke to all the ships they had smoke etc and, at last, the planes can spot a ship from grater distance than an other ship, in a clear day. that was the reason they had planes on all the big ships.

now u have to make adjustments to an unhistorical capability.   

This game is no simulation. And now all together: this game is no simulation, this game is no simulation, this game....

:fish_palm::crab: