You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Le Terrible- Terrible as it seems?

50 comments in this topic

Players
986 posts
11,567 battles

So i've been looking into buying Le Terrible (or actually spending doubloons on it). 
Buuuut.... i can't quite get a good image of whether its a good ship or not. Im not hearing serious complaints about it being weak, but then again i'm not hearing anything whatsoever pleading to it as a good ship. 

Basically the best youtube reviews i can find are from ~10 months back, and then it was an absolutely terrible ship supposedly. 
It got buffed slightly, but in reviews from ~3 months back i can't figure out if it actually became decent or not. 

I really liked the Vauquelin and i'm enjoying the Le Fantasque too, just not sure Le Terrible would live up to expectations. 

What i think i'd like: 
- Speed
- Gun ballistics & damage
- Torpedo damage, handling and reload

Cons: 
- Torpedo speed compared to other frenchies
- Gun reload
- Bloom. Now that may be fixed soon, and then this ship becomes a lot more viable i guess? 

I've read LWMs review on it (https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173415-premium-ship-review-112-le-terrible/ ) but that 

I consider myself an experienced player with a taste for DDs and i can accustom to weird ships, but for this one my main question is actually: am i not simply getting a heavily downgraded Le Fantasque if i'd get it?

Grtz I_Y

Players
3,220 posts

Well the last time I took her out was in a co op, instantly deleted by a bot, never been out since, taking DD's out with clan mates does not work either as they do not believe in all one type ship divisions:Smile_veryhappy:

[CATS]
Players
26,215 posts
14,119 battles

Terrible is a strong ship with a high skill floor.

Unless you are a good DD player, the ship will not work for you.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,830 posts
15,771 battles

That's not what he asked. 

I wouldn't see any reason to buy it if you own Le Fantasque. They're the same class of ship, the main difference is that Le Terrible has a faster gun reload and marginal improvements in speed and torp detection, but Le F has the faster torps. Not worth £30 in my book. 

• Cool 6

Players
986 posts
11,567 battles
32 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

well, i consider myself a good DD player, as a matter of fact, statistics consider me a good DD player. And i like ships with high skill floors. But....

27 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I wouldn't see any reason to buy it if you own Le Fantasque. They're the same class of ship, the main difference is that Le Terrible has a faster gun reload and marginal improvements in speed and torp detection, but Le F has the faster torps. Not worth £30 in my book. 

This is quite true. I was wondering if the Le Terrible has anything special going for it. Doesnt have to be too much, but you know, same way that the Atago is cool for anyone who likes the Myoko/ Mogami/ Ibuki/ Zao. 
And if i'm quite correct it is actually better in the french DD case to stick to the regular DDs than to go with the Le terrible- which would be somewhat of a shame IMO. 

Its worth noting though that i have nearly 6k doubloons sitting around and i got this coupon, so basically im looking for a nice ship to spend it on. I'd say Bayard if it were in armory, but guess what :(

[CATS]
Players
26,215 posts
14,119 battles
3 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

well, i consider myself a good DD player, as a matter of fact, statistics consider me a good DD player. And i like ships with high skill floors. But....

She could work out for you, but I suggest to play more FR DD to test it out.

Terrible is slightly stronger than Fantasque.

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,665 battles
24 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

This is quite true. I was wondering if the Le Terrible has anything special going for it.

It's a fun premium to play that won't get nerfed unlike the fantasque.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Nail on head.

When she came out, I was essentially a DD (gunboat DD at that) main, and I couldn't believe the opprobrium she got from CCs, the forum etc.

Great ship which as Pete says is very strong. But if you don't have the DD chops you'll be punished for playing her.

• Funny 1

Players
1,620 posts

It was ahead ( in World of Warships Terms ) of its Times, it should of been release with The French dd Line.

I used it and didnt understand what it was all about, got board with it sat in port and sold it.

After the French dd release I now understand it, and if I knew then , what I know now I probable, would still own it and be playing it.

~Timing is Every Thing ~

[CATS]
Players
26,215 posts
14,119 battles
6 minutes ago, Orcinus1 said:

It was ahead ( in World of Warships Terms ) of its Times, it should of been release with The French dd Line.

I used it and didnt understand what it was all about, got board with it sat in port and sold it.

After the French dd release I now understand it, and if I knew then , what I know now I probable, would still own it and be playing it.

~Timing is Every Thing ~

You can get her back, if you want to. Just contact customer support.

• Cool 1

Players
1,620 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

You can get her back, if you want to. Just contact customer support.

I already got back a mistake in the last 6 months, not sure you can do more than 1 in 6 months.

Players
9,855 posts
11,562 battles

Trollible IS Le fantasque, but trading 200m concealment, AA, main gun range and 10kts torp speed for faster gun reload, stealthier torpedoes with quicker reload

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Or she is worth, when you want Fanta class and can't be arsed to grind another high point captain, assuming current one will go to Mogador and then Kleber

• Cool 1

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles

Like the ship, great fun and high speed gameplay. I got it in a drop, I wouldn't buy it though, for obscure reasons.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,973 posts
7,346 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Nail on head.

When she came out, I was essentially a DD (gunboat DD at that) main, and I couldn't believe the opprobrium she got from CCs, the forum etc.

Great ship which as Pete says is very strong. But if you don't have the DD chops you'll be punished for playing her.

When Terrible came out it was undeniably the worst tier 8 you could buy. Perhaps a bit better than Asashio.

She got at least three different buff to make her the good contender she is right now. The biggest one being the saturation mechanic change for all FR DDs.

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
6 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

When Terrible came out it was undeniably the worst tier 8 you could buy. Perhaps a bit better than Asashio.

She got at least three different buff to make her the good contender she is right now. The biggest one being the saturation mechanic change for all FR DDs.

A bit better then my no1 DD in random matches :Smile_veryhappy:

[THESO]
Beta Tester
89 posts
5,431 battles

I got the thing yesterday, But sadly since i am always perpetually broke in this game, i couldnt take her out since i didnt have the credit for the modules lol. 

But after grinding a couple of mil credits i played 3 games right now and all 3 games i was on top of the scoreboard.

Than again i really really like the french dds.

[UTW]
8,973 posts
7,346 battles
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

A bit better then my no1 DD in random matches :Smile_veryhappy:

Asashio scores easily, she's still absolute sh*t as a concept. Best balanced premium DD we ever had released was the Harekaze.

Asashio is easy to play because all you have  to do is run in circle and spam torpedoes. It scores, sometimes it gives you win (often enough to have a good WR), but she's still an overspecialized piece of crap that should never have been released. Just like the subs.

• Cool 3

Players
986 posts
11,567 battles
24 minutes ago, H4d3zZz said:

I got the thing yesterday, But sadly since i am always perpetually broke in this game, i couldnt take her out since i didnt have the credit for the modules lol. 

But after grinding a couple of mil credits i played 3 games right now and all 3 games i was on top of the scoreboard.

Than again i really really like the french dds.

Well, so do I :D

4 hours ago, Lord_WC said:

Honestly if Le Fantasque got nerfed, Le terrible would strangely become a more viable premium XD. 

I think i'm gonna wait out to see if the after-shoot-bloom is getting fixed in 0.8.9. If it is, then that would be a massive boost to ships like the Friesland, harugumo and french DDs after all, and then i think i'll get it. My main issue so far is disengaging- you can kite away from those shells, but a few lucky hits destroy half your ship. Take away that single issue and i'd consider it a lot more viable. 

5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

She could work out for you, but I suggest to play more FR DD to test it out.

Terrible is slightly stronger than Fantasque.

I only just noticed the 6s reload on Fantasque. Vauquelin has 5s reload, so i was confused. But hey, the faster armament reload and ship speed are interesting for sure. 

For now, thank you all very much. I will await the bloom update i think, if that is announced i will most likely get it, unless a better option shows up in the armoury before that. 

Grtz I_Y

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

Asashio scores easily, she's still absolute sh*t as a concept. Best balanced premium DD we ever had released was the Harekaze.

Asashio is easy to play because all you have  to do is run in circle and spam torpedoes. It scores, sometimes it gives you win (often enough to have a good WR), but she's still an overspecialized piece of crap that should never have been released. Just like the subs.

Lol, here we go again :Smile_facepalm:

Let me guess, you don't own one? Because so far I've only met scepsis by people without any experience in her that hate her with a vigor that's pretty odd. You're welcome to check my performance in the Asashio, and might pay special attention to the gun vs. torpedo kills. I'm sure you'll fabricate some alternate fiction about why my numbers are what they are ^^

PS: Le Terrible is great too ;-)

EDIT: I just killed a Terrible in my kagero in a 1 on 1 close quarter combat both full HP just using mah gun and some smart smoke and torpedo beats :P

[-TPF-]
Players
3,830 posts
15,771 battles
5 hours ago, Lord_WC said:

I don't see that Le F needs nerfing in any way.... Le Terrible probably needs another little buff to distinguish her from her sister; I think anyone who bought her for cash deserves a little compensatory package for the fact they bought a ship which was basically a Beta Tester for the MN DD line. 

Players
9,855 posts
11,562 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Honestly if Le Fantasque got nerfed, Le terrible would strangely become a more viable premium XD. 

Fanta nerf... Unlikely. On other hand, Mogador and especially Kleber may be hit with nerfbat for the same reasons Khaba was.

[UTW]
8,973 posts
7,346 battles
58 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Lol, here we go again :Smile_facepalm:

Let me guess, you don't own one? Because so far I've only met scepsis by people without any experience in her that hate her with a vigor that's pretty odd. You're welcome to check my performance in the Asashio, and might pay special attention to the gun vs. torpedo kills. I'm sure you'll fabricate some alternate fiction about why my numbers are what they are ^^

PS: Le Terrible is great too ;-)

EDIT: I just killed a Terrible in my kagero in a 1 on 1 close quarter combat both full HP just using mah gun and some smart smoke and torpedo beats :P

I checked your performance.

And it showed me EXACTLY what I expected. You heavily outperform your other DD with Asashio. It's not because Asashio is good. It's because she's incredibly easy to play and you can't really do many mistake with her.

She's still a poop concept as a whole. Easy doesn't mean good. It just mean the average DD player will perform better because she requires no effort to "master". The skill ceiling however is incredibly low.

On the other hand your stats are very low in pretty much every other DD. Personally I sucks in pure gunboat and prefer hybrid ships. I perform great in them and I have more than enough experience to say that Asashio. Is. Bad.

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles
19 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

I checked your performance.

And it showed me EXACTLY what I expected. You heavily outperform your other DD with Asashio. It's not because Asashio is good. It's because she's incredibly easy to play and you can't really do many mistake with her.

She's still a poop concept as a whole. Easy doesn't mean good. It just mean the average DD player will perform better because she requires no effort to "master". The skill ceiling however is incredibly low.

On the other hand your stats are very low in pretty much every other DD. Personally I sucks in pure gunboat and prefer hybrid ships. I perform great in them and I have more than enough experience to say that Asashio. Is. Bad.

Sure. She's not a good ship but incedible easy to play and I'm a mediocre captain that happens to do great in the Asasshio because she's a bad concept? You do realise that my sample is 264 battles (second most played DD), and being carried to 66% WR is not impossible but highly unlikely? Also, what about the gun kills > torp kills? ^^

PS: Again, all I'm saying Terrible is a pretty fun ship too, much like the Asasshio :fish_haloween:

• Cool 1

[UTW]
8,973 posts
7,346 battles
5 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Sure. She's not a good ship but incedible easy to play and I'm a mediocre captain that happens to do great in the Asasshio because she's a bad concept? You do realise that my sample is 264 battles (second most played DD), and being carried to 66% WR is not impossible but highly unlikely? Also, what about the gun kills > torp kills? ^^

PS: Again, all I'm saying Terrible is a pretty fun ship too, much like the Asasshio :fish_haloween:

You completely failed to understand my point.

And if you think Asashio is a decent gunboat I'll just leave you in whatever fantasy you are.