Sign in to follow this  
Fred3n

Flight Control Modification 2 on Midway, right? (& Cpt Skills confirmation)

7 comments in this topic

[ALOUE]
Players
158 posts
4,336 battles

What the title says, I don't want to screw up a 3mil purchase

And for my captain skills going HVAR i guess:

T1: Air Supp & Imp Eng Boost

T2: Imp Eng & Torp Acc

T3: Surv Exp, Aircraft Armor & Demo Exp

T4: Sight Stabilization

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,773 posts
19,462 battles

Use Air Groups Mod 2 (the one that increases plane HP). The extra speed gained is negligible.

CV section is pretty much dead since the rework. If you want advice post in the gameplay section instead.

[SB]
Players
125 posts
1,608 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 9:52 AM, Fred3n said:

What the title says, I don't want to screw up a 3mil purchase

And for my captain skills going HVAR i guess:

T1: Air Supp & Imp Eng Boost

T2: Imp Eng & Torp Acc

T3: Surv Exp, Aircraft Armor & Demo Exp

T4: Sight Stabilization

Don't go HVAR.

Also yeah the section is pretty dead nowadays since the rework just sorta... deflated like a balloon I guess. Here's hoping that Subs will be the new thinking man's warship.

Players
8,097 posts
8,914 battles
23 hours ago, MadGunna said:

Don't go HVAR.

Also yeah the section is pretty dead nowadays since the rework just sorta... deflated like a balloon I guess. Here's hoping that Subs will be the new thinking man's warship.

Hah... I'd not get my hopes up.

[ALOUE]
Players
158 posts
4,336 battles
On 10/5/2019 at 10:23 PM, MadGunna said:

Don't go HVAR.

Too late for me to go TiTs, i already specced and bought modifications for HVAR gameplay.

I have Bombers Modification 2 instead of Attack Aircraft Modification 2 which would have been needed for TiTs, and my captain is specced with my last 5 points in Demolition Expert and torp acceleration, i should probably not have taken those skills but rather have gone Concealment Expert and Last Gasp instead if i wanted to go TiTs.

It costs too much to respec and buy new modifications at the moment so im locked into HVAR gameplay, i like it though, but i have not tried TiTs yet.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, El2aZeR said:

Use Air Groups Mod 2 (the one that increases plane HP). The extra speed gained is negligible.

CV section is pretty much dead since the rework. If you want advice post in the gameplay section instead.

Yeah that is probably better, i have been playing midway for a while now and i notice that i need all the HP i can get when there simply are no good low AA targets. Especially if i use my Dive Bombers.

Edit: What about Jack of all Trades? Would 5% reload of squadrons have been a better choice than torp acceleration?

• Cool 1

[SB]
Players
125 posts
1,608 battles
8 hours ago, Fred3n said:

Too late for me to go TiTs, i already specced and bought modifications for HVAR gameplay.

I have Bombers Modification 2 instead of Attack Aircraft Modification 2 which would have been needed for TiTs, and my captain is specced with my last 5 points in Demolition Expert and torp acceleration, i should probably not have taken those skills but rather have gone Concealment Expert and Last Gasp instead if i wanted to go TiTs.

It costs too much to respec and buy new modifications at the moment so im locked into HVAR gameplay, i like it though, but i have not tried TiTs yet.

Yeah that is probably better, i have been playing midway for a while now and i notice that i need all the HP i can get when there simply are no good low AA targets. Especially if i use my Dive Bombers.

Edit: What about Jack of all Trades? Would 5% reload of squadrons have been a better choice than torp acceleration?

Torp accel is more important, as it is much easier to land faster torps. Some ships can literally outrun 35 kts torps. 40 less so and you're hardly ever going to hit torps all the way at the end of their run. Side note you don't need those upgrades for TiTs to be effective though? Their real benefits are a much better aim circle and 68mm pen HE warheads. Hell, Demo expert should help with TiTs too and buffs your DBs on top of that too.

I don't even know if Jack of all Trades even affects squadron prep time. Honestly you're good to go with this build. Concealment and Last Gasp are overrated tbh, you can manage just fine without either of those.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this