Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldPappy

Latest Mino build

17 comments in this topic

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
12,011 battles

I have been trying to find the latest updated Mino captain build but have failed. So I turn to you, trusted forumites!

I have a 19 pt captain. Right now I have:

pt (how many wants to kill me??)

AR (when low dish out as much as possible!!)

SI (oh those wonderful gadgets! Want more!)

CE (now you don’t see me, now you... don’t again!)

RPF (I really want to know in what direction to run!!!)

But that leaves 5 pt that I struggle to do something really useful with. And with the as changes there is no point in bft and aft or manual aa. 

And additional 3500 hp in a boat that gets obliterated as soon as it’s seen seems inneffective as well...

I am at a loss and could use advice!

(Apart from that I think all red ships should be destroyed!!)

Cheers!

Beta Tester
229 posts
9,284 battles

Thats how i run her, but keep in mind that im mad and engage openly when i feel fit. Module wise i use the default stuff with torp reload and legendaryy module in slots 5 and 6

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=4,5,12,13,17,18,20,23&ship=Cruiser 

People tend to underestimate the Torps on Mino 16x10Km are a nice tool to finish off/area denial stuff.

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
12,011 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtTincan said:

Thats how i run her, but keep in mind that im mad and engage openly when i feel fit. Module wise i use the default stuff with torp reload and legendaryy module in slots 5 and 6

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=4,5,12,13,17,18,20,23&ship=Cruiser 

People tend to underestimate the Torps on Mino 16x10Km are a nice tool to finish off/area denial stuff.

Ty, friend!

Players
2,005 posts
13,054 battles

3500hp seems not much, but it affects also how much can you heal and that together makes nice live or die difference often.

• Cool 1

Players
57 posts
4,172 battles

Are you a radar mino or smoke?

Im not good enough for the radar mino so I have the same build with smoke screen expert (give me a bit of manoeuvre room for the inevitable torps that at sent into my smoke)

If I was good enough for radar I’d probably go for jack of all trades to give me the radar a little sooner. 

You’ve basically got to go for survivablity expert as none of the other 3rd level items are useful (unless you have a specially unique way of playing her) 

I’m fairly new to the mino but loving it, especially after my torment  in the Neptune 

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
12,011 battles
2 minutes ago, Duecut said:

Are you a radar mino or smoke?

Im not good enough for the radar mino so I have the same build with smoke screen expert (give me a bit of manoeuvre room for the inevitable torps that at sent into my smoke)

If I was good enough for radar I’d probably go for jack of all trades to give me the radar a little sooner. 

You’ve basically got to go for survivablity expert as none of the other 3rd level items are useful (unless you have a specially unique way of playing her) 

I’m fairly new to the mino but loving it, especially after my torment  in the Neptune 

I have tried radar Neptune in Ranked and aldo radar Mino. Very nasty surprise for a dd!😬😂

But to get the dd you more or less have to expose yourself and we all know what happens when a Neptune or Mino is seen in the open!! Everyone AND their grandmothers shoots at them from all corners! ( the only ships I think that takes away the focus from cvs !)

I tend to agree that SE is the more useful skill in level 3... 

I enjoyed my Neptune. ( still do). It an underestimated ship which can lead to some nice situations!

Players
9,849 posts
11,562 battles
11 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

3500hp seems not much, but it affects also how much can you heal and that together makes nice live or die difference often.

Also impacts damage you receive from fire and flood, as these are %hp based:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles

My Radar mino build

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000001000010010001000000001119

SE is basicly just to troll people. I feel most people go like "oh like that noob with his SE Mino loololol" :Smile_trollface:

JoaT can be useful with faster available DCP/Heal (even radar)

If you play Smoke mino, you could take Vigilance to spot torps even earlier. Maybe gives you enough time to maneuver inside your smoke to dodge torps.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
2,095 posts
21,141 battles

I run radar Mino with JoaT, Preventative Maintenance and Last Stand. Torpedo reload would be viable as an alternative.

• Cool 1

Players
2,005 posts
13,054 battles
19 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Also impacts damage you receive from fire and flood, as these are %hp based:Smile_smile:

TBH 100% healable DoT never has been a problem for me in Mino.  BB AP on the other side....

• Cool 1

Players
4,014 posts

My build with Dunkirk Captain (not sure about the updated MAA skill to be fair ... but this is what I use):

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000001001010000001000000010119

2019-09-24 10_36_37-Captain Skill Calculator - World of Warships.png

Dunkirk special skills that benefit my build:

- Handyman replaces Jack of All Trades, and reduces cooldown on all consumables by -10% (normally -5%).

- Smoke Screen Master replaces Smoke Screen Expert, and increases radius of smoke screens by +30% (normally +20%).

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
215 posts
12,011 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

My build with Dunkirk Captain (not sure about the updated MAA skill to be fair ... but this is what I use):

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000001001010000001000000010119

2019-09-24 10_36_37-Captain Skill Calculator - World of Warships.png

Dunkirk special skills that benefit my build:

- Handyman replaces Jack of All Trades, and reduces cooldown on all consumables by -10% (normally -5%).

- Smoke Screen Master replaces Smoke Screen Expert, and increases radius of smoke screens by +30% (normally +20%).

Thank my friend!

Wish you happy huntings out there!

• Cool 1

Players
4,014 posts
34 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

@nambr9

The AA skill nerfs your AA, used to be good last year. WG always know how to get your doubloons / elite xp. :Smile_coin:

Nerfs as in compared to previous iteration of MAA or compared to not having the skill at all?

Can you elaborate on that please?

Players
4,014 posts
38 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

Thank my friend!

Wish you happy huntings out there!

No problem.

Please follow up the information about MAA skill..... because it might not be a good choice now on Minotaur.

If that comes out true, the 4 points would probably change my skills to something different.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,539 posts
8,850 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Nerfs as in compared to previous iteration of MAA or compared to not having the skill at all?

Can you elaborate on that please?

No it really makes your AA weaker since 0.8.7...

AFAIK its only better on ships with weak AA, atleast so i heard. Dont bother taking time to see if any AA skill is worth it - i guess they are all worthless now :cap_like:

Basicly what happens if a plane enters your range:

- If you reinforce your sector, you deal x% (forgot what it was.. 3,5?) of squad HP in damage to them.

- Then for the duration of the reinforcement, your AA gets stronger till it reaches a certain point.

If you skill MAA

- You deal more damage instantly (was it double? - dont care really)

- But now your AA doesnt get stronger over time.

So if you have really low AA DPS, i guess you deal more damage by that first instantaneous hit.

• Cool 3

Players
4,014 posts
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

No it really makes your AA weaker since 0.8.7...

AFAIK its only better on ships with weak AA, atleast so i heard. Dont bother taking time to see if any AA skill is worth it - i guess they are all worthless now :cap_like:

Basicly what happens if a plane enters your range:

- If you reinforce your sector, you deal x% (forgot what it was.. 3,5?) of squad HP in damage to them.

- Then for the duration of the reinforcement, your AA gets stronger till it reaches a certain point.

If you skill MAA

- You deal more damage instantly (was it double? - dont care really)

- But now your AA doesnt get stronger over time.

So if you have really low AA DPS, i guess you deal more damage by that first instantaneous hit.

I thought that MassiveAA boosts your AA when you reinforce the sector.

So are you saying that the still is so useless that you spend 4 skill points to downgrade your AA (lets say Minotaur in this case)?

NWM: Found reddit topic:

@OldPappy

Then better just forget MAA and go with RPF instead then....

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000001001010000001000000001119

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this