Rimne

Tier VI carriers - best?

10 comments in this topic

[ALOUE]
Players
158 posts
4,330 battles
11 hours ago, Rimne said:

What is the best non-premium tier VI carrier?

Nothing wrong with furious or Ryujo, i do not know about Ranger since i only played it at T7. Though amongst the T8's my favourite is the Lexington. It's only t6 so research them all and see what you like best ^^

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,086 posts
8,425 battles

Ruyjo. Best torps, AP bombs that can chunk BB's very nicely, workable rocket planes and the carrier itself is stealthy, reasonably fast and packs alright AA.

• Cool 1

[SH-HK]
Players
102 posts
2,264 battles
Am 24.9.2019 um 04:56, Rimne sagte:

I'm not sure if there's a "best". Personally I enjoy playing the Ryujo very much. Her strengths like great torpedos, powerful AP bombs, a good concealment, etc, have already been mentioned above. The Ryujo is definitely fun to play and can be very deadly. The downside is: Her aircraft are a bit fragile compared to the ones of her counterparts. With a bit of practice and experience (and of course luck) this shouldn't be a problem, though.

The USS Ranger isn't bad either, but in my eyes a little bit harder to play. Commanding and playing the HMS Furious feels like hard work - at least for me. I haven't had many great and funny moments with her yet. Perhaps this might change in the future when I'm going to concentrate more on her. We will see.

Whatever you choose, I wish you lots of fun, good luck, fair seas and a steady aim! :Smile_honoring:

[DSOTF]
Players
587 posts
10,853 battles

It depends on your playstyle. If you want maximum versatility I suggest to go for the Ranger. She can effectively attack every ship with every kind of squadron. I had a lot of enjoyable games in her but I still prefer Ryujo because of plane speed and her amazing torpedos. 50kn torpedos and AP bombs against battleships in T6 MM spread are no joke for the enemy. Her rockets are not as good against DDs as Rangers are but you can work with them. Furious for me is a little bit out of competition here since I did not play her yet.

[N0RSE]
Players
171 posts
14,228 battles

I think they are are all well balanced at tier 6, my favourite is Ryujo. Amazing concealment makes it so that I can play very aggressive, even capping if I see the opportunity for it. Torpedo planes are great against battleships and destroyers. Ap bombs are lethal and the planes are sneaky & fast.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,086 posts
8,425 battles
On 11/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, Inappropriate_noob said:

Mainly what the others have said but in all honesty,the Furious is way better than the Ark Royal,the AR needs a buff

Disagree. The triple torps are better than the Furious ones, and while the bombers can't pen much they pen enough and sinve you drop 5 million bombs the fire starting potential is still very good. Not to mention they wreck DD's.

If anything the Ark Royal shows that the Furious is just meh or even bad. In the current state I would rate the tier 6 CV's Ruyjo>Ark Royal=Ranger>Furious.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 4:56 AM, Rimne said:

On any level it is always IJN one. (Nonpremium)