Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Salentine

Sad news, USS Texas close to sinking

9 comments in this topic

Players
986 posts
11,567 battles

So i know WG has done a fundraiser for this particular ship before- quite succesfully if i recall correctly. 

Perhaps WG could assist that foundation in getting the ship to a dry dock, even if its just by loaning them money or something. 

Can make a huge advertisement of it in the US. 

On the other hand, 104 years is a respectable age, perhaps its just done for. Cant tell.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

As long as that ship sits in water, it's just  throwing money into a bottomless bit, since the bottom keeps rusting out.

Players
986 posts
11,567 battles
6 hours ago, MrFingers said:

As long as that ship sits in water, it's just  throwing money into a bottomless bit, since the bottom keeps rusting out.

Now read my suggestion again, carefully. 

Players
1,620 posts

I think it is a Historic War Memorial, that is a lot more use for educating our young people, than say another atomic bomb, so IMHO the Government should preserve it with no holds bar on the cost, for the generations to come, it is just as important as the White House.

So stop the F**king around and get it sorted out.

Regards 

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Sad as it is, it's a warship. Not designed to last forever. As a person totally jealous to layman, my moron lvl of insight is telling me there's no solution to hull corrosion. Other than a new hull. So they either pull it ashore and IMO totally dishoner the ship, or they tow it to a dignant place to sink it off. Indeed 104 years is respectable for an iron based ship. 

Players
1,258 posts
6,990 battles
On 9/25/2019 at 12:07 AM, Ferry_25 said:

So they either pull it ashore and IMO totally dishoner the ship, or they tow it to a dignant place to sink it off. Indeed 104 years is respectable for an iron based ship. 

It makes me wonder though why Texas is in such a terrible state. A lack of maintenance? There are ships much older that are still in a good condition to this day.

And while not the best looking solution, I think we don't have to fear for Mikasa's fate for a while.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
2 hours ago, Robber_Baron said:

It makes me wonder though why Texas is in such a terrible state. A lack of maintenance? There are ships much older that are still in a good condition to this day.

And while not the best looking solution, I think we don't have to fear for Mikasa's fate for a while.

It's still an iron ship in a corrosive environment. So it's bound to rust through at some point. 

Sign in to follow this