Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ozgur7freeman

Unique Premium Ships

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
65 posts
9,393 battles

I wanted to make a thread about a interesting ship that could be a t5-t6 premium in the game. And honestly im so bored to see "reskinned" premium ships like Thunderer, Yoshino, Ohio etc. 

 

IJN Ise : Her key feature could be using fighter and spotting aircraft consumables at the same time with decrease cooldown and that could be (maybe) fun :cap_yes:

If you people know unique ships like this please make suggestions to the post. Even if nothing changes at least i get more ships name to read on wiki for fun. :Smile_popcorn:

4719-1-f.png

carlo-cestra-04.jpg

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,018 battles

Mogami after refitting. It had just the 3 turrets in front and air deck on the back with small amount of aircraft capacity.

 

Image result for mogami

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
65 posts
9,393 battles
3 minutes ago, DRA_Harkesh said:

Look what i found! That looks interesting... :cap_haloween:

20190921_160045.jpg

 

 

Well... Good news it was in the game. Bad news, not anymore... :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[V-I-P]
Players
31 posts
8,801 battles
1 minute ago, ozgur7freeman said:

 

Well... Good news it was in the game. Bad news, not anymore... :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm totally aware of  that. But in a world of seriously fk'd up CV's and incoming Subs there should always be a place for some cruisers with amazing TK-capabilities :crab:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,298 posts
24,191 battles

Those airdeck cruisers might have had some utility IRL pacific theatre but hardly fit in this game as it is and as they are...

 

Say that Mogami for instance...

 

Double spotter/fighter stuff has no sence at all when you think of it couse what do you really gain?

 

If you make the planes some kind of automatons/consumables like bot controlled to strike stuff its ridiculous. you basically have an aoba firepower in a T10 match with a RNG gimmick most players will shoot down instantly...

 

If you make the planes player controlled then what do you get is a mini cv of sorts but what happens with te main hull while you are away? How big a sqad does it get? How is it balanced? DCP? Fire duration etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Urspr%C3%BCngliche-Planung-der-HMS-Furio

I don't care that it's silly, I need my 18" fix at T4!

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,199 posts
14,119 battles

WG has no idea how to implement hybid ships.

Some IJN cruiser models are finished and waiting for implementation for over two years.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
65 posts
9,393 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Those airdeck cruisers might have had some utility IRL pacific theatre but hardly fit in this game as it is and as they are...

 

Say that Mogami for instance...

 

Double spotter/fighter stuff has no sence at all when you think of it couse what do you really gain?

 

If you make the planes some kind of automatons/consumables like bot controlled to strike stuff its ridiculous. you basically have an aoba firepower in a T10 match with a RNG gommick most players will shoot down instantly...

 

If you make the planes player controlled then what do you get is a miji cv of sorts but what happens with te main hull while you are away? 

My recommendation (Ijn Ise) could be handy at t6 which is most double cv mm goin on and spotter plane for long range advantage obviously. So there is no harm for a interesting ship like that. Her fighter consumable can be 4 fighter instead of 3 and as i said decreases cooldown on aircraft consumables. Rest of the standard bb play style. And i think its looking so cool :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,298 posts
24,191 battles

The only problem is - who would buy it? 

 

Besides if you put Aoba with a permanent spotter and fighter in the tier with the Aoba...

 

Edit:

Reallised you are talking about the BB conversion - same goes for it, basically Myogi firepower of T4 will meet 9x406mm, good luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
56 posts
6,027 battles

They could Feasibly do the Tone just make her a standard heavy Cruiser with 4x2 203mm guns with a slightly shorter reload than Mogami (with 203s)  due to having less guns overall.

Standard Japanese style play but make her have an Enhanced fighter plane consumable instead of launching 3 she Could Launch 4 or 5 and maybe it lasts a little bit longer maybe 1 minute 30 seconds.

Not sure if Tone would fit with T8 play now like she was intend for but T7-T8 could work for her.

 

Now with Ise you can encounter a  problem  while Tone could only launch fighters and spotters, Ise could launch dive bombers and as much as i would love to see Ise in WOWS (especially since she is in Wows blitz) and as much as i wish you could do the same as in blitz where you can RTS style auto drop on a selected target but with the AA system im not sure how it would work.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
869 posts
29,028 battles
1 hour ago, ozgur7freeman said:

My recommendation (Ijn Ise) could be handy at t6 which is most double cv mm goin on and spotter plane for long range advantage obviously. So there is no harm for a interesting ship like that. Her fighter consumable can be 4 fighter instead of 3 and as i said decreases cooldown on aircraft consumables.

Good suggestion! 

WG could give the Ise both plane-consumables at the same time (spotter and fighter) and also increase the amount of fighters, as suggested.

That would give her a unique gimmick, also a realistic one. A BB with a constant swarm around it :cat_bubble:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
65 posts
9,393 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

The only problem is - who would buy it? 

9d9.jpg.e4581057a0abb8ee358994c6b86ce721.jpg

 

1 minute ago, Dragon200052 said:

They could Feasibly do the Tone just make her a standard heavy Cruiser with 4x2 203mm guns with a slightly shorter reload than Mogami (with 203s)  due to having less guns overall.

Standard Japanese style play but make her have an Enhanced fighter plane consumable instead of launching 3 she Could Launch 4 or 5 and maybe it lasts a little bit longer maybe 1 minute 30 seconds.

Not sure if Tone would fit with T8 play now like she was intend for but T7-T8 could work for her.

 

Now with Ise you can encounter a  problem  while Tone could only launch fighters and spotters, Ise could launch dive bombers and as much as i would love to see Ise in WOWS (especially since she is in Wows blitz) and as much as i wish you could do the same as in blitz where you can RTS style auto drop on a selected target but with the AA system im not sure how it would work.

I wasnt know it was in the blitz :/ But thinking of that a bb launching 4 dive bombers (for example) is really fun. And balance is that you cant use your ship like in cv while airborne and small air group can be work with high regeneration time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
65 posts
9,393 battles
Just now, Nibloke said:

file

 

A very small CV...could be fun...or not

It can be a low tier premium german cv with high tier planes with small groups. Like in Saipan. Really cool!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,298 posts
24,191 battles
5 minutes ago, ozgur7freeman said:

9d9.jpg.e4581057a0abb8ee358994c6b86ce721.jpg

Wery well, hope you get the ship you wish m8, my Alabama and Sinop await you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
460 posts
2,228 battles

If we are still talking about different. How a bout German and JPN carriers with gun. And a BB with a lot of planes...

 

A German CV with 2x3 280mm guns

1111AF374D01DCE718

 

IJN Tone is also missing. Was in the game

0WxEbkv.jpg

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
10,584 battles
1 hour ago, VanD4rk said:

Mogami after refitting. It had just the 3 turrets in front and air deck on the back with small amount of aircraft capacity.

 

Image result for mogami

 

One HE shell would sort all those planes out.Lol

 

But i would love to see this in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,585 posts
12,558 battles
1 hour ago, DRA_Harkesh said:

Look what i found! That looks interesting... :cap_haloween:

20190921_160045.jpg

I want the version With midget submarines :cap_haloween::cap_money: It can work same as CV but instead of squadron of planes it will launch the submarines

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,018 battles
53 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Those airdeck cruisers might have had some utility IRL pacific theatre but hardly fit in this game as it is and as they are...

 

Say that Mogami for instance...

 

Double spotter/fighter stuff has no sence at all when you think of it couse what do you really gain?

 

If you make the planes some kind of automatons/consumables like bot controlled to strike stuff its ridiculous. you basically have an aoba firepower in a T10 match with a RNG gimmick most players will shoot down instantly...

 

If you make the planes player controlled then what do you get is a mini cv of sorts but what happens with te main hull while you are away? How big a sqad does it get? How is it balanced? DCP? Fire duration etc...

This kind of hybrid ships are indeed hard to implement in this game to be "balans" and desirable for the players to buy them.

I believe they have to be strike aircraft to compensate the loss in firepower, but if the squad is lower in number can it penetrate the AA of target ships and also deal significant dmg ?

The player might control just one weapon system at one time I believe: either main guns or strike squadron and WG can always make the main guns as secondary ones will the player will be in the squadron mode.

But then again can this be viable and attractive for significant number of players to worth the time creating this kind of ships? (I have no idea).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,522 posts
5,980 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Urspr%C3%BCngliche-Planung-der-HMS-Furio

I don't care that it's silly, I need my 18" fix at T4!

I've proposed earlier that they could include the Courageous class with two gun modules: the dual 15" turrets as the default choice, with the 18" meme guns as an option.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
390 posts
8,018 battles

I got into this abomination 2 months ago.

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST WILD THING I HAVE SEEN !

It's so f*cking wild and exotic that even WG could not conceive something like this from their imagination. 

It's a SUB with DUAL 203 mm guns, torps and surprise A TORPEDO AIRCRAFT !!!

 

 

image.thumb.png.814d343452004baa27327544872e9a19.png

Image result for surcouf submarine

 

 

Source of the first picture and more info about it: http://www.hisutton.com/Surcouf.html.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,098 posts
4,794 battles
53 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

and surprise A TORPEDO AIRCRAFT !!!

That's just a floatplane. It was supposed to be used for recon and gunnery fire control (because you obviously can't direct a 203mm turret very well without a mast).

Also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400-class_submarine

Aircraft-carrying submarines.

Just to add to the weird IJN designs of trying to cram planes onto everything after losing four carriers at Midway.

Other ships I would like to add:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erebus-class_monitor


If you were to ask me, I'd design the Ise-class, Retrofitted Mogami-class, Tone-class and i-400-class with buffed plane HP, but increased plane replenishment times. Essentially the idea would be that when used at the right time you can send up planes to spot for your team and do some supplemental damage, but your main focus is still on whatever your main class is.

Basically, they act as mini-cvs that take the slot of whatever their hull class is.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×