Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

Modular customization?

19 comments in this topic

Players
485 posts
7,279 battles

I hope someone here remembers NavyField.

There you could customize your ship in a much more way than you can do there.

Different turrets and torps.

I wonder if that would work here.

Would love to see an edinburgh with two conqueror turret.

I mean this game already lost so much from realism that this would be legit.

• Bad 1

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles
3 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

I hope someone here remembers NavyField.

There you could customize your ship in a much more way than you can do there.

Different turrets and torps.

I wonder if that would work here.

No no no. We have enough problems trying  to get WG to balance what we already have. The Armour mechanics we have simply would fall apart.

Leave that to Navyfield and Naval Combat Warship Gunner on the good old PS2 (yes I still have that game )

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
3 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

a) no it hasnt. not even close.

b) have you heard of this thing called balance? I know it seems to be in short supply in some places, but... your idea... no. just no on every single front.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Unfortunately I don't think that this will ever happen, outside of realistic options, like 406 or 420 on the G.K. 

Even that seems like too much. Play style will change a little based on diff gun caliber. As has happened with Conqueror split the different calibers across 2 different ships and balance them accordingly.

[-AP-]
Players
2,486 posts
6,063 battles

If you wanna try your hands at building ships, try a game called "from the depths", a word of warning though, if you play it for 5 minutes, 5 hours will actually pass, its more addictive than reddit

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

If you wanna try your hands at building ships, try a game called "from the depths", a word of warning though, if you play it for 5 minutes, 5 hours will actually pass, its more addictive than reddit

Not just ships, subs and flying stuff too. Or at least you could. Basically Minecraft for people who like to shoot things

Players
485 posts
7,279 battles
1 minute ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Not just ships, subs and flying stuff too. Or at least you could. Basically Minecraft for people who like to shoot things

But i want a wows minecraft :Smile_child:

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,938 battles

Kremlin hull with as many Smolensk turrets as can physically fit on the hull :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
485 posts
7,279 battles
1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

Kremlin hull with as many Smolensk turrets as can physically fit on the hull :Smile_trollface:

mom why is my peepee hard?

[-AP-]
Players
2,486 posts
6,063 battles
8 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Ooooh, a man of culture!

Yeah, you can build pretty much anything in that game, even stuff your not supposed to. Like this mech warrior i built about a year ago, he ran about chopping stuff up with a sword, had to write my own ai for him with lua code to get him to walk, but thats the beauty of that game, no limitations. https://imgur.com/a/zfIzz2g

It would be awesome with some hybrid of ftd and wows-style battles, but it would have to be its own game, it wouldnt work in this one.

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles

You mean Azur Lane, where you can (and kinda have to) play minecraft mounting ahistorical equipment on ships because OE rarely gets the job done?:Smile_hiding:

Primary flaw with your concept - everyone would simply tack Yamato, DM/Moskva, Minotaur or IJN 100mm on their ships as "best in slot". Not entirely sure if you would want to bump into Shima with 100mm or upcoming Venezia with 5x DM turrets for dakka overload. Or Conqueror with four Yamato turrets for that matter

@Uglesett here I raise you Atlanta Flint hull with eight six quad 130mm turrets. For balans reasons obviously.

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles
48 minutes ago, mantiscore said:

But i want a wows minecraft :Smile_child:

Then From the Depths is the thing to try.

HMS Hood for example 

Npg60pw.jpg

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,698 battles
51 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Ooooh, a man of culture!

Yeah, you can build pretty much anything in that game, even stuff your not supposed to. Like this mech warrior i built about a year ago, he ran about chopping stuff up with a sword, had to write my own ai for him with lua code to get him to walk, but thats the beauty of that game, no limitations. https://imgur.com/a/zfIzz2g

It would be awesome with some hybrid of ftd and wows-style battles, but it would have to be its own game, it wouldnt work in this one.

5FFC43C4540826AC3B62C733BE17A754DC23C1F5

EDB3104EAD739341D0EF639AEA866ED51EDB0324

My clan mates design for a RN BB ... 

4x2 381/55 mark 3 guns

Super high velocity Depleted Uranium shells

fully auto loading

4 rpm.

Best not show the devs this it might come into game as a RU prem BB.

[CAIN]
Players
4,348 posts
18,390 battles
4 hours ago, Uglesett said:

So basically a couple hundred quad turrets, with each having a quad turret slapped on top of it. 

Sign in to follow this