You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nordavin

Dreadnought - such a waste

29 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
3,295 battles

I have the Dreadnought for a long time now, I grinded it when it had just come out. I love that ship, both for its history and how it handles. 

However, I simply cannot enjoy it.

I have not had ONE match in the last 10 without at least one carrier present. The Dreadnought has no AA, and when you get two  CVs in a game (like the last one I played) they gang up on you and you are simply helpless. I tried staying close to other ships but at this low tier the AA is very short-ranged and they cannot cover other ships effectively.

My advice - do NOT get it, it will only bring you frustration. 

I am truly sorry that I had to make this post, but I have had enough

All the best!

• Cool 6

[SHAFT]
Players
9,515 posts
8,849 battles

Hmm thats odd, Spreadsheet says you are having fun.

Real answer:

WG wont give a flying [edited]about people getting raped in lowtiers. I dont expect any reasonable/sensible changes whatsover anymore. I might even go so far, wows is sinking and they are harvesting the last money out of it while they still can :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,854 battles

I can understand your frustration. 

I believe that just like the Misaka and other premiums in those lower tiers choosing to play Coop is possibly a more enjoyable environment. 

Pvp against other players will always revolve around abusing the most broken to win and isn't really the right place to immerse yourself in history in my opinion. 

The Dreadnought can look much better and be quite fun in Coop where there won't be as many CV threats intelligently picking on you. All the other drawbacks of such a premium don't stand out there either and you can enjoy history and beauty while pounding bots

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

Ditto, I got the Dread, played only a handful of games and ditched it, and that was before WG introduced their annoying  research system, which merely encouraged all the pros and their 19 point skippers to move to cvs and dump on low tier BB’s. 

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,755 battles

You're right, and it is a shame. WG is not paying attention to people who want to play the game with ships from the WW1 period (or earlier) without being food for aircraft carriers. CVs carry planes and weapons which didn't exist during the life of Dreadnought, so how can they be balanced fighting against these vintage ships? It can only be made fun by making CV players start at Tier II with airships, Zeppelin and Observation Balloons. That'll learn 'em.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
923 posts
13,160 battles

This game desperately needs T5 CVs to be reintroduced to smooth out the matchmaking.

In their absence it takes five times longer to advance to the next available tier than any other Tier 4 class, hence the glut.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles

I've recently revisited my Dreadnought after ditching it for the same reason. I've had some good games in it. Trick is, I've found, to let the rest of the team move up first, and go second line. Then, when battle joined in earnest, be opportunistic.

Worked for me anyway.

Also, when picked on by a CV: twist and turn. Like a twisty, turny thing :cap_like:

• Funny 1

Players
3,220 posts
On 9/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, Nordavin said:

I have the Dreadnought for a long time now, I grinded it when it had just come out. I love that ship, both for its history and how it handles. 

However, I simply cannot enjoy it.

I have not had ONE match in the last 10 without at least one carrier present. The Dreadnought has no AA, and when you get two  CVs in a game (like the last one I played) they gang up on you and you are simply helpless. I tried staying close to other ships but at this low tier the AA is very short-ranged and they cannot cover other ships effectively.

My advice - do NOT get it, it will only bring you frustration. 

I am truly sorry that I had to make this post, but I have had enough

All the best!

You ground the dreadnought, I though it was a premium. But then it is British, so it is never going to be great, just look at Ark Royal, ship turning away and running is thee best defence, as her planes will never catch up:Smile_veryhappy:

Players
3,220 posts
On 9/22/2019 at 8:00 PM, DanSilverwing said:

This game desperately needs T5 CVs to be reintroduced to smooth out the matchmaking.

In their absence it takes five times longer to advance to the next available tier than any other Tier 4 class, hence the glut.

What CV would you suggest for T5?

Players
3,220 posts
On 9/22/2019 at 7:58 PM, invicta2012 said:

You're right, and it is a shame. WG is not paying attention to people who want to play the game with ships from the WW1 period (or earlier) without being food for aircraft carriers. CVs carry planes and weapons which didn't exist during the life of Dreadnought, so how can they be balanced fighting against these vintage ships? It can only be made fun by making CV players start at Tier II with airships, Zeppelin and Observation Balloons. That'll learn 'em.

Now that is a jolly good idea, have some proper Zeppelins rather than the led one at t8

• Funny 1

Players
3,220 posts
On 9/22/2019 at 7:05 PM, DFens_666 said:

Hmm thats odd, Spreadsheet says you are having fun.

Real answer:

WG wont give a flying [edited]about people getting raped in lowtiers. I dont expect any reasonable/sensible changes whatsover anymore. I might even go so far, wows is sinking and they are harvesting the last money out of it while they still can :Smile_hiding:

Hmm sounds scary we need to take over the company , lol make sure the game stays afloat:Smile_trollface:

[JRM]
Players
6,291 posts
24,183 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, MadBadDave said:

Ditto, I got the Dread, played only a handful of games and ditched it, and that was before WG introduced their annoying  research system, which merely encouraged all the pros and their 19 point skippers to move to cvs and dump on low tier BB’s. 

Unfirtunatly the truth is more gruesome, you dont need 100s of matchess to progress through a T4 cv, I mean come on, I acctually reground the IJN cv line so I know how long it lasts, it took me like 5-6 games to go through hosho to ruyo and some 10-15 games from there to shokaku and I sure as phuq didnt put a 19pt on hosho ffs, that whats going on down there is statpadding and sealclubbing in its finest and has nothing to do with the RC aldough it does not help the situation either ofc

[BABBY]
Players
672 posts
10,272 battles
5 hours ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Also, when picked on by a CV: twist and turn. Like a twisty, turny thing :cap_like:

So basically, "just dodge"? 

• Funny 1

[FLYD]
Players
1,363 posts
13,071 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, MadBadDave said:

Its not encouragement its more like [edited]why did it reset me to T1 -.-

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,559 battles
5 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

You ground the dreadnought, I though it was a premium. But then it is British, so it is never going to be great, just look at Ark Royal, ship turning away and running is thee best defence, as her planes will never catch up:Smile_veryhappy:

There was a Xmas mission chain to get her for free.

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
7,276 battles

Dreadnought doesn't even have any advantages in exchange for not having AA, it's just about the same as Bellerophon. There are a few premiums that are basically stock versions of ships 1 tier up and one of their main trade offs is not having decent AA for the tier. DN is the same tier as Bell ofc, so I wouldn't want to have anything too drastic done to it, I suggest improving the heal a bit, more healable damage maybe, to mitigate the damage CVs will throw at you.

Players
3,339 posts
16,096 battles

Dreadnought is an iconic ship, of course - but it is not Russian, and that is its problem.

If history was different and a Russian battleship had given it's name to a new sort of battleship, then it would get a lot more love.

Some plans for AA would suddenly be discovered from long-missing "sikrit dokuments" .

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,008 battles

personally I feel every ship should be able to damage all others and seen as cvs have the ability to be untouchable while hitting others I feel all ships should have some sort of aa

now this is the problem as most low tier ships had naff all aa due to time of their build ie pre ww2 then the aa should be pitiful at best

now would this make your game better? nope cv will still kill ya so either enjoy the ship for what it is or leave it in port

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles

AA is a joke now since CVs can't be really deplaned. On top of all the "no risk high reward" crap, they have now infinite aircraft reserve to rain hell on low tier ships/players. People who taught this was a good idea should be sent to Gulag for life... 

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,584 battles

Dreadnought = CV fodder.

Hōshō   Hōshō 4 Japan 1 100% 3 129 45 328 2 0 Details

Did it once and felt extremely dirty. However, many will seal club and stat pad with 19 pointers. 

Do WG care? Not a jot as they just wanna pull the CV punters in the game as it's numbers are dwindling fast. 

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles

I very rarely get sunk by CVs, even in Dreadnought.

In my experience, if the CV can see you're adept at avoiding attack (as I am), then they tend to give up fairly quickly and try easier meat, even when that meat has some AA, and you don't.

As a rule of thumb, if I see planes heading my way, first thing I'll do is pull off a sharp turn.

This does two things. Firstly, it screws up the CV's aim, forcing another pass. Secondly, it shows the CV captain that you're on the ball, and that this is going to be a tough fight.

If the CV is still interested, I'll bait an attack, and, again, take a sharp turn when I can see the planes are committed.

I've steamed half a map, hunting a CV, when there's just he and I left, under attack the whole time, and lived. Either he was an awful CV captain, or I was Johnny Concrete. I prefer the latter :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,482 battles
5 minutes ago, Thundercracker_3 said:

Either he was an awful CV captain, or I was Johnny Concrete. I prefer the latter 

It is my deepest regret to break this horrible news to you, but it was the former... 

• Cool 1

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
629 posts
3,818 battles
2 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

It is my deepest regret to break this horrible news to you, but it was the former... 

Ahahaha! You fell in to my trap.

Did you see what I did? Classic CV bait.

The correct answer, was, in fact, that I am Johnny Concrete.

Hah.

• Funny 1