Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Deckeru_Maiku

Research Bureau - Exp go to T1 ship and then???

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles

Okay, lets imagine I reset my IJN BB line, due to finally having reached Yamato and wanting to go through the pain again - while still being able to play my different Premium IJN BBs...

When I reset a line it says, that all the accumulated unspend (? or all, like, used for research ?) will go to the lowest tier ship. So I'd end up with 3 million - or so - exp on a low tier ship, that I could use to go to the next tier immediately, but leaving me with 2.95 million - or so - exp that I can't do anything with except paying a sh*tload of money to turn them into free xp.

So, my questions:

• am I right about my above assumptions?
  • why should I use the RB when I play my low/medium tier ships anyway all of the time and don't give a damn about french/US researchpoint ships?

[CATS]
Players
29,665 posts
15,312 battles
8 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

So, my questions:

• am I right about my above assumptions?
  • why should I use the RB when I play my low/medium tier ships anyway all of the time and don't give a damn about french/US researchpoint ships?
  • Only when you have as much XP on your ships, if you have zero, then zero XP go to the Tier I
  • If you do not want research points, then RB is not for you, but I can imagine that some people just like the feeling to unlock ships and want to do it again

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles
7 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

My biggest question is? Will i keep my 19 points commander?

Yes you keep all commanders and they will still be trained on the ship they came from.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
13,188 battles
4 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Yes you keep all commanders and they will still be trained on the ship they came from.

Thanks for the answer!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 4:23 PM, ColonelPete said:
  • Only when you have as much XP on your ships, if you have zero, then zero XP go to the Tier I
  • If you do not want research points, then RB is not for you, but I can imagine that some people just like the feeling to unlock ships and want to do it again

Can't check for definitive numbers right now, as I'm on holiday and far away from my game PC, but I play a lot low and medium tier ships in the lines I've already got a T10 ship too. So there's quite a load of exp gathering dust on those ships. Last time I checked for the amount of money I would need to exchange all my assembled exp to free exp I ended up with having to pay about € 1000.- or so to convert all - including the lines without a T10.

So using RB would see me gathering all those unused exp on the T1 ship, then gathering more unusable exp on the ships I like to play after - as I did already - freeing up the ships in the line, just to get some research points to exchange them into free exp?!?

Well, yeah... sounds utterly useless then for me ^^

Players
3,150 posts
18,088 battles
28 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yep.

WG wants you to play "used content" so yes, all the previously accumulated XP ends up completely useless (unless you plan to spend thousands of €).

Personally i reset the IJN gunbat DD line since i love to play them

Used accumulated freeXP all the way to the tier 7, used flags to burn through that one and now am enjoying the Akizuki and Kitakaze.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,155 posts

The best thing about research bureau is that you don't have to reset the ships. It's entirely voluntary and if you don't care about the ships on offer, you should absolutely pass on the offer. Initially the problem was massive gameplay advantage you could gain by doing the resets, which meant that you'd have to do it to remain competitive. Luckily that's no longer the case and I have to give WG credit for doing the right thing at least this once - even if the original form of the idea should've never got as far as it did. 

• Cool 5

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles

I reset a line, no 10000 one time research points received/visible to me.

Ive got a 1 mile long support ticket going on with WG, the system automatically went shopping for flags and spent the 10000 points in 1 second after the line reset.

WG support insists that I manually bought the signals, but a ship had the signal ingame currency purchase function ticked and active,

so the system instantly and automatically purchased and resupplied ship flags for 10K research points.

Edit*

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Players
3,532 posts
On 9/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, ColonelPete said:

Them people are weird, lol, now I got my beloved Yamato , I am not letting her go

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
27,526 battles
3 hours ago, AirSupremacy said:

I reset a line, no 10000 one time research points received/visible to me.

Ive got a 1 mile long support ticket going on with WG, the system automatically went shopping for flags and spent the 10000 points in 1 second after the line reset.

WG support insists that I manually bought the signals, but a ship had the signal ingame currency purchase function ticked and active,

so the system instantly and automatically purchased and resupplied ship flags for 10K research points.

@Sehales

It would be great if you can help on this, thank you.

I would like to have this automatic WG purchase of flags reverted.

No it did not, you got up to 10k (dependind on the number of T10s you have IIRC) for first use the RC as a gift, after you have reset a line the points were ASSIGNED to the T6-10 ships, to acctually GET the points you need to play and win a battle with each of those ships, then you get 500rp for T6 and incremental up to 6000rp for the T10 ship (double for the first line you use) so no the system did not go "auto shopping" you didnt/dont get the points at all when you RESET, you get the points when you REGRIND

Players
1,140 posts
13,079 battles

IMO the research center should allow for accumulated XP on a ship to be used to re-research the next ship in line again. For instance i have around 1M Xp accumulated on Fletcher, so if i'd reset the Gearing line 4 times i shouldnt have to grind the Gearing, only the other ships of the line. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
27,526 battles

You cant do that you unlock ship by amasing the xp...

• Boring 1

Players
150 posts
9 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Yep.

WG wants you to play "used content" so yes, all the previously accumulated XP ends up completely useless (unless you plan to spend thousands of €).

Well, XP sitting on an elite ship of whichever tier is already useless, unless you want to spend money. WG simply moves it to one ship to another.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,414 posts
12,277 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, Deckeru_Maiku said:

then... don't reset... may be?

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,044 posts
3,819 battles
9 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Can't check for definitive numbers right now, as I'm on holiday and far away from my game PC, but I play a lot low and medium tier ships in the lines I've already got a T10 ship too. So there's quite a load of exp gathering dust on those ships. Last time I checked for the amount of money I would need to exchange all my assembled exp to free exp I ended up with having to pay about € 1000.- or so to convert all - including the lines without a T10.

So using RB would see me gathering all those unused exp on the T1 ship, then gathering more unusable exp on the ships I like to play after - as I did already - freeing up the ships in the line, just to get some research points to exchange them into free exp?!?

No comrade. Use western capitalist pig hard currency to turn experience on the T1 to FXP, and then WG can have another big vodka party in the dev offices.

The concept is crazy, but you know there are people who will actually do it.

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
8 hours ago, AndyHill said:

I have to give WG credit for doing the right thing at least this once - even if the original form of the idea should've never got as far as it did. 

Please... the sheisestorm that surrounded the whole idea was of such epic proportions that they were basically forced to scrap the whole original rewards idea.
Let's not pretend they scrapped it out of passion for the game or care for the balance.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
5,562 posts
22,154 battles
7 hours ago, Excavatus said:

then... don't reset... may be?

b..b..but I thought resetting my T10 lines would be the next best thing to the invention of pre-sliced bread!?!??!!

And now you tell me, it is an utterly useless option for a large amount of players? Shouldn't WG instead have spend more DesignTeamTime for making CVs playable or getting rid of the less than intelligent idea to put subs into the game??

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,900 posts
20,488 battles

Can someone give me 30+ million XP worth of doubloons? 

I need it for...uhm...science!

• Funny 2

[CORNG]
Players
2,109 posts
17,119 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Deckeru_Maiku said:

why should I use the RB when I play my low/medium tier ships anyway all of the time and don't give a damn about french/US researchpoint ships?

There might (will) be other rewards later which are more interesting for you so if you start using RB now you will have some points ready then. If you like playing mid tier and are fine with grinding a line again (and have credits to rebuy ships) then RB might be something for you, if you want to be able to play any mid tier ship then RB is not something for you.

• Cool 1

[CORNG]
Players
2,109 posts
17,119 battles
16 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

And now you tell me, it is an utterly useless option for a large amount of players? Shouldn't WG instead have spend more DesignTeamTime for making CVs playable or getting rid of the less than intelligent idea to put subs into the game??

They have separate teams to f up work on different parts of the game at the same time :cap_haloween:

RB is a sink for free XP, elite XP and credits. And if a few whales spend cash to convert millions of XP from their T1 ships WG will happily take it (looking at Jethro).

• Funny 1

Players
3,545 posts
20,662 battles

I've reset 4 lines and am playing through them like normally. I like it, having fun playing like normal. The reward is not even a thing for me. I just enjoy going through all the IJN ships again.