You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
magma44

Too many CVs

79 comments in this topic

[ARMH]
Players
3 posts
9,560 battles

Im really frustrated.

In almost every battle i played today  there was 4 CVs.

In  lower tiers that is ridiculous and unreal. Even more if you are a BB and have little AA defends, in   this case you only have to wait the impacts of the bombs , rockets of torpedos and be sunk , nothing more to do.

The Cvs are always the  last ships sunked if they are .

For instance:  a  battle i played. , each of the 4  CVs sunked 4 enemy ships ( 16 ships sunked by CVs,!!!) of course all of them survived the battle, in fact they were  the only ones to do it .

Is it not enough 2 Cvs? one by side.  Sometimes there was battles with more CVs than DDs

More than 2 just RUINS THE BATTLE.

• Cool 23
  • Boring 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Spreadsh1ts are saying you are having fun nonetheless!  

(But indeed, the Hosho-spam is unreal and is killing what little incentive there is to play T3-5 faster than the atrocious matchmaker).

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

yup, and we have WG to thank for that - Hosho double torps in particular. Personally havent seen a comment from them on the matter yet, but that doesnt mean one doesnt exist...

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
598 posts

Yup, go home and cry some more.... (is basically what WG is saying)

Okay that was rude, but right now half the CV's down there are older players having the time of their lives (like me.... but I'm not old)

And I spend 3 minutes circling a longboat (Othonik), while my team ripped him a new one.....

2 torp bombers, and no AA, what is not to like?

hosho4.thumb.jpg.e1f1c2da09b92df0807c2a80d2b769d9.jpg

• Bad 1

Players
155 posts
7,579 battles

I played few games with Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya and the AA seems to be kinda adequate. Are the other tier 5 BBs having better or worse time than her?

• Funny 1

Players
871 posts
9,915 battles
6 minutes ago, LoveYouTooBuddy said:

I played few games with Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya and the AA seems to be kinda adequate. Are the other tier 5 BBs having better or worse time than her?

It was literally a floating AA battery. The fact they left all those guns on a ship that supposedly goes to sea is ridiculous - which about sums up the Russian BB line.

• Cool 3

Players
1,611 posts
55 minutes ago, magma44 said:

Im really frustrated.

In  lower tiers that is ridiculous and unreal. Even more if you are a BB and have little AA defends, in   this case you only have to wait the impacts of the bombs , rockets of torpedos and be sunk , nothing more to do.

For instance:  a  battle i played. , each of the 4  CVs sunked 4 enemy ships ( 16 ships sunked by CVs,!!!) of course all of them survived the battle, in fact they were  the only ones to do it .

Is it not enough 2 Cvs? one by side.  Sometimes there was battles with more CVs than DDs

Actually, I agree with you.

Either give T3 T4 " decent "  AA defence, or Take the CV out of those levels.

I think it is frustrating for lower tier players to not have any counter play against CV,s and puts people off playing the game.

~~

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,202 posts
7,636 battles
1 hour ago, magma44 said:

Im really frustrated.

Get used to it.

CV Balancing is Finished.

Now on your Knees and Pray to your CV Overlords before they Wipe you off the Game Forever.

• Cool 1

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

It is really tedious at the moment and the number of Hosho players is crazy, be interesting to see if WG consider it to be an issue.

• Cool 1

Players
3,215 posts

Well be thank full for one thing, WoT's can still get away with three arty per team (Arty = Artillery, same principle as CV's), so two CV's per side is balanced (probably what the spreadsheets say) remain at the rear rain crap on everyone, is it still  a thing where you only get one CV at tier 8, or is that 10?

I wish they let divisions select two CV's, then we could have some fun:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
1,982 posts
13,026 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Well be thank full for one thing, WoT's can still get away with three arty per team (Arty = Artillery, same principle as CV's), so two CV's per side is balanced (probably what the spreadsheets say) remain at the rear rain crap on everyone, is it still  a thing where you only get one CV at tier 8, or is that 10?

I wish they let divisions select two CV's, then we could have some fun:Smile_trollface:

But arty at least can't spot for team and itself like CV can.

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Players
836 posts

They should forbid players with more than 200 cv battles to play T4 for beginners the op thing is fine:) 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
262 posts
7,701 battles
11 hours ago, Skurfa said:

And I spend 3 minutes circling a longboat (Othonik), while my team ripped him a new one.....

Pretty sure looking at the battle time that that was me.... :Smile-angry: I was massively out of position though, poor play on my part.

• Funny 1

Players
1,420 posts
8,339 battles

I don't see the complain, low tier cvs (and in fact high tier ones too) does too little damage. Often if I'm in a bb I don't even bother to avoid their torpedoes. (They do only 4.500 of damage or so... It's better to soak that up than give an entire broadside and be citadelled).

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
4,441 posts
7,600 battles
8 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

I don't see the complain, low tier cvs (and in fact high tier ones too) does too little damage.

image.thumb.jpeg.cdabff7074ec65ff200e2b9f5043e2aa.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,828 battles

You can thank all the people who said "T4 CV's are bad introduction, slow and powerless fix pls" for that. 

It was the communities idea to buff T4 somehow. You got what you wanted maybe not exactly what you wished for but that's how a contract with the devil works. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,973 posts
7,324 battles
4 hours ago, Karotte_marksman said:

They should forbid players with more than 200 cv battles to play T4 for beginners the op thing is fine:) 

Just after the update that asks you to regrind tech tree you already did grind to tier 10. Bright idea.

• Cool 1

Players
9,816 posts
11,519 battles
3 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

You can thank all the people who said "T4 CV's are bad introduction, slow and powerless fix pls" for that. 

It was the communities idea to buff T4 somehow. You got what you wanted maybe not exactly what you wished for but that's how a contract with the devil works. 

Well, S_O mentioned whole CV REEEwork is "community driven idea"... so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
75 posts
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Well, S_O mentioned whole CV REEEwork is "community driven idea"... so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, S_O says lots of things at lots of different times.  Whether what is said is factual or just so much bs again is at best a coin toss.  Most likely it is what is the most convenient from WGs perspective for you to believe at the time. 

• Cool 2

Players
6,759 posts
245 battles
6 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Your welcome it was always my goal to balans miss hosho, for the arrival of miss zuiho:Smile_trollface: