You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Best way to spend 60 k research points: Colbert or Ohio?!

How to spend ~60 k research points: Colbert or Ohio?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How to spend ~60 k research points: Colbert or Ohio?

• COLBERT
    • OHIO

42 comments in this topic

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,010 posts
22,507 battles

Getting 60 k research points is quite the grind, so how to spend them?

Colbert or Ohio?! Baguette or hillbilly? Guys who have them?

Or maybe wait for a future third option?

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
4,434 posts
21,098 battles

I got myself the Smolensk, hence not so hot for Colbert, I will likely wait to see what will be the currency for Puerto Rico 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
7,834 posts
8,291 battles

Not sure if either is worth it tbh.

Colbert and Smolensk are much a like, but Smolensk seems to be easier/better,

Ohio on the other hand is similar to Thunderer now. Only exception are the secondaries. But id rate Thunderer better in the other departements. We had the same discussion in our Discord, and we all thought that Thunderer is better. And you "only" need to gather Coal for that one.

Maybe wait for another option?

• Cool 2

Players
1,750 posts
6,494 battles

The Smolensk rendered the Colbert obsolete almost instantly and the Ohio is just Georgia Mk2 so, if you have neither of those two Coal ships then I'd maybe get the Ohio but TBH I'd wait until the next ship reveal.

• Cool 2

Players
81 posts
4,960 battles

Georgia is fun ship and good brawler. That means Ohio could be solid choice with 1 extra turret and Montana hull. We already have Smolensk as a similar cruiser option against Colbert. If i were you i could choose Ohio

[SHAD]
Players
1,320 posts
8,718 battles

The Ohio is a little sturdier than the Georgia but without speed boost and with worse dispersion. I’d stick with Georgia.

I’m not sure the Colbert would be worth it if you have a Smolensk. 

I’m saving my research points.

Players
1,892 posts
17,646 battles

Saving mine for a better option probably. Im not a BB fan and Colbert seems like a harfer to play Smol, just like the Atlanta is a harder to play Flint.

Beta Tester
2,952 posts
11,988 battles

I am currently sitting on the RB points, waiting for the next ship. 

Ohio is not worth it to me, as I would always rather play the Tunderer with more accurate guns and better concealment. 

Colbert is not worth it to me, as I would always rather play Smolensk. 

RB points are not easy to get, so why not wait a bit. 

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

I won't spend anything until Puerto Rico's price is published.

• Cool 1

[3O3]
[3O3]
Players
1,513 posts
On 9/21/2019 at 3:32 AM, 22cm said:

Getting 60 k research points is quite the grind, so how to spend them?

Colbert or Ohio?! Baguette or hillbilly? Guys who have them?

Or maybe wait for a future third option?

It is a very good question.

I am also informed Colbert is NOT " user friendly ", I think although I love American BB,s Ohio doesn't give much different game play options than Georgia, so having said all that, I am currently saving XP, coal, and steel, for when the Italian Cruisers come out and see what happens, If I don't like them I will wait for the New British Heavy Cruisers, then make a final decision.

I do not own Smolensk yet ( I been thinking about getting it ) but at the moment, I am of the mind , because of the new Italian Cruisers of :-  IF! I want to be a pyromaniac, I tend to think I would favour my  Harugumo with IFHE on it, with the mind of, The DD tends to be more front line than the cruiser, from what I have personal seen in game play , I am in two minds right now I like the looks of The Smolensk.

In the past I feel I could of " Done much better " with my resources, I am trying to teach my self not to " go off haft cocked " with the latest fad, and to think it though, and tailor my fleet for maximum efficacy for " My Play Style " you can only play one ship at a time.

Anyway I feel I am starting to ramble, so I didn't vote, but a most interesting question for " One " Old Boy, thank you for bringing it up.

o7    

Addendum:- It would be a lot easier if we had only 2 " currency's to use, but hey ho WOWS Life grinds on. ~~  

[3O3]
[3O3]
Players
1,513 posts
10 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Colbert because of historical reasons, real ships always goes before paper ships

@hgbn_dk

I understand your thoughts on this, I am a military history enthusiast my self, However art can not always imitate nature due to politicians screwing things up, the bottom line is :- Its a game, where by you get better things by killing more, so I personally tend to be more interested in my results than the social political aspects of the game.

I tend to get " very prickly " when my division mates want to chit chat on non combat matters, instead of shooting some thing and staying focused on " The Job " in hand.   

[SLAPP]
Players
898 posts
16,354 battles

I'm sitting on 62k research points and I'm having hard time pulling the trigger on Ohio. It was a painful grind and I'm not comfortable spending that amount of RP so easily on it.

My dilemma is not Ohio or Colbert, my dilemma is Ohio or Thunderer.

• Cool 1

Players
1,662 posts
7,308 battles
26 minutes ago, quickr said:

I'm sitting on 62k research points and I'm having hard time pulling the trigger on Ohio. It was a painful grind and I'm not comfortable spending that amount of RP so easily on it.

My dilemma is not Ohio or Colbert, my dilemma is Ohio or Thunderer.

Definitely dont get colbert, the skillfloor is too high for you. Get a bb or wait

[DC_DK]
Players
3,014 posts
29,987 battles
4 hours ago, Orcinus1 said:

@hgbn_dk

I understand your thoughts on this, I am a military history enthusiast my self, However art can not always imitate nature due to politicians screwing things up, the bottom line is :- Its a game, where by you get better things by killing more, so I personally tend to be more interested in my results than the social political aspects of the game.

I tend to get " very prickly " when my division mates want to chit chat on non combat matters, instead of shooting some thing and staying focused on " The Job " in hand.   

I have several ships which more or less are only played in co-op. Either because I suck in them or they are not particular strong, It was the opportunity to play "real" ships that got me into this game. Thanks Jingles!! So collectibles "real build" ships is my thing, getting played a lot or not. To be honest I'm a little annoyed of WG putting Somers behind a steel wall. I have no problem with paper ships being there but keep the hands of historical ships.

• Cool 1