Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_dawnpatrol_

..and now my CV is mysteriously useless..

57 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ADB]
Players
13 posts
7,159 battles

After latest update with the new fancy sounds, i noticed a big difference in gameplay of my Shokaku CV. I normally average about 80-100k dam per match, but after the patch i can barely reach 50k. Also, in tier x battles, i get erased by most tier x ships in the air as if all my planes are paper. An torp run vs an minotaur was definately doable before, yet as of just all my planes were shot down 2 km before the drop. Moreover, my torps damage are REDUCED. My bombers are useless vs anything now. My rockets do 200 damage on DD's wtf 200!!! Further example: An Bischmark at tier 8 erased my entire flight! This has *never* happened before.

I know CV's struggled abit vs tier X earlier, but this just murdered my favo ships completely,

 

All above was NOT the case last week. 

 

Have WG secretly nerfed CV's yet again?!

 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
Players
5,205 posts
10,430 battles
1 minute ago, _dawnpatrol_ said:

After latest update with the new fancy sounds, i noticed a big difference in gameplay of my Shokaku CV. I normally average about 80-100k dam per match, but after the patch i can barely reach 50k. Also, in tier x battles, i get erased by most tier x ships in the air as if all my planes are paper. An torp run vs an minotaur was definately doable before, yet as of just all my planes were shot down 2 km before the drop. Moreover, my torps damage are REDUCED. My bombers are useless vs anything now. My rockets do 200 damage on DD's wtf 200!!! Further example: An Bischmark at tier 8 erased my entire flight! This has *never* happened before.

I know CV's struggled abit vs tier X earlier, but this just murdered my favo ships completely,

 

All above was NOT the case last week. 

 

Have WG secretly nerfed CV's yet again?!

 

 

Damage often depends on the structure points of the part you hit and the torpedo belt, thus the damage can be reduced. I did today something around 100k with Ryujo, didn't noticed nerfed damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
104 posts

Ah the woes of a CV player. Tell me how you cannot get your 100k damage per match anymore. While you're freely picking your targets from a safe distance...not risking much if anything. Allow me to play you the world's smallest violin as a tribute to your suffering.

  • Cool 11
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,786 posts
19,478 battles

No adjustments to CVs were made in 0.8.8 nor 0.8.8.1.

 

And you did not average 80-100k damage per match. Your average is 72k.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
5,791 posts
7,351 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

No adjustments to CVs were made in 0.8.8 nor 0.8.8.1.

 

And you did not average 80-100k damage per match. Your average is 72k.

Indeed it's not too hard. I just got midway, with a potato captain and unspaded I did >40k.

Was a crappy game too for me, when I just attacked, the ship got a cita and BOOM, no score for me.

That happened three times in that game... mannnn it sure teaches you to get salty. 

And I think I'm not really the best player ever.... :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,220 posts
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Indeed it's not too hard. I just got midway, with a potato captain and unspaded I did >40k.

Was a crappy game too for me, when I just attacked, the ship got a cita and BOOM, no score for me.

That happened three times in that game... mannnn it sure teaches you to get salty. 

And I think I'm not really the best player ever.... :Smile_hiding:

Lol I turn my chat off if I play CV's,except today when I ventured out into a random in my Ark Royal, I don't know how ppl get lots of damage in this thing,I find the ships out run your planes and your torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,889 battles

Despite me winning nothing lately I can confirm that nothing changed too. It might be easy to blame some stealth nerf but what I found was players adapting quite well to CV's in T10. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,206 posts
7,652 battles

 

4 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Lol I turn my chat off if I play CV's,except today when I ventured out into a random in my Ark Royal, I don't know how ppl get lots of damage in this thing,I find the ships out run your planes and your torps.

 

Cant tell you that one either. I got Ark Royal because I needed a Good T6 CV Anyways and like to have Premiums for Money Farming.

But that thing was a mistake....

It sure is a Damage Dealer when you Reach the Target. As the Damage Output per Squadron and Drop is certainly Exceptional for a T6 CV.

But your Battlefield Control is nonexistent with this Slow Plane Speed. The Biggest Advantage of a CV to Freely Choose Targets and Support the right Places at the Right Time completely Falls away for this thing because you need Hours to Reach anything with this Planes...

 

I got no Idea how People can Seriously manage this thing for DD Hunting.

But well. I am not good at DD Hunting in the First Place. So maybe its just me being bad at this xD

 

38 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Despite me winning nothing lately I can confirm that nothing changed too. It might be easy to blame some stealth nerf but what I found was players adapting quite well to CV's in T10. 

 

Well. Winning right now is a Challenge in itself.

With the Potato Teams we got thanks to the Event again you never know when a Free T-Shirt Giveaway is Sheduled in some Map Corner or on some Island where your Entire Team suddenly gets Stuck and Refuses to move on.

Leaving the Enemy with 3 Caps and an Advantage where even a Good CV cant Carry it anymore.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,889 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Sunleader sagte:

Leaving the Enemy with 3 Caps and an Advantage where even a Good CV cant Carry it anymore.

 

4 kills, 220k dmg, only enemy CV is alive. Enemy has 900 points, my team has 400? No caps. 3 other ships with me on my team are alive. None of which cap. 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,305 posts
24,198 battles
4 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

It sure is a Damage Dealer when you Reach the Target. As the Damage Output per Squadron and Drop is certainly Exceptional for a T6 CV.

But your Battlefield Control is nonexistent with this Slow Plane Speed. The Biggest Advantage of a CV to Freely Choose Targets and Support the right Places at the Right Time completely Falls away for this thing because you need Hours to Reach anything with this Planes..

IDK if you noticed it can to the "throttle tapping" routine as was done in ye olden days on all cvs so you can run them planes at nearly max speed pretty much all the time...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,889 battles
Vor 10 Minuten, Yedwy sagte:

IDK if you noticed it can to the "throttle tapping" routine as was done in ye olden days on all cvs so you can run them planes at nearly max speed pretty much all the time...

You can still so it with DBs and Torps :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,305 posts
24,198 battles
2 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

You can still so it with DBs and Torps :) 

No you cant, not like this anyhow, you still bleed speed way way faster then you gain boost at most if not all cvs and plane types, and here its not quite the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
5,791 posts
7,351 battles
6 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Lol I turn my chat off if I play CV's,except today when I ventured out into a random in my Ark Royal, I don't know how ppl get lots of damage in this thing,I find the ships out run your planes and your torps.

I was i div on discord with some clanmates, no need to type and you can curse a lot more quickly... :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_hiding:

2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Cant tell you that one either. I got Ark Royal because I needed a Good T6 CV Anyways and like to have Premiums for Money Farming.

But that thing was a mistake....

It sure is a Damage Dealer when you Reach the Target. As the Damage Output per Squadron and Drop is certainly Exceptional for a T6 CV.

But your Battlefield Control is nonexistent with this Slow Plane Speed. The Biggest Advantage of a CV to Freely Choose Targets and Support the right Places at the Right Time completely Falls away for this thing because you need Hours to Reach anything with this Planes...

This is very true. You have no "control". But you can dish out, and even scare away DDs with torps.

 

2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I got no Idea how People can Seriously manage this thing for DD Hunting.

But well. I am not good at DD Hunting in the First Place. So maybe its just me being bad at this xD

You must indeed chase DDs into oblivion, if they are any good they are hard to kill.

But I can hit them. Usually though, cruisers and other DDs are made for that, I don't think CVs are, and this one certainly isn't.

The thing is, CHASE THEM. Don't fire until you are sure. And you can use torps for that, too. 

They cannot get rid of you and when they smoke up (or ram an island), torp them. 

Meanwhile you chase them away from caps and teammates, while keeping them spotted.

 

2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Well. Winning right now is a Challenge in itself.

With the Potato Teams we got thanks to the Event again you never know when a Free T-Shirt Giveaway is Sheduled in some Map Corner or on some Island where your Entire Team suddenly gets Stuck and Refuses to move on.

Leaving the Enemy with 3 Caps and an Advantage where even a Good CV cant Carry it anymore.

Very true. 

 

2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

IDK if you noticed it can to the "throttle tapping" routine as was done in ye olden days on all cvs so you can run them planes at nearly max speed pretty much all the time...

Good tip, I do it all the time. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,889 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Yedwy sagte:

No you cant, not like this anyhow, you still bleed speed way way faster then you gain boost at most if not all cvs and plane types, and here its not quite the case

You can do it so well actually that there is no map distance you can't cover before boost runs out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts
8 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Lol I turn my chat off if I play CV's,except today when I ventured out into a random in my Ark Royal, I don't know how ppl get lots of damage in this thing,I find the ships out run your planes and your torps.

The ark must be pants, I faced one earlier today in my Alabama, I shot down 47 of his planes, the guy just kept targeting me, I don’t think one attack got thru but he kept coming back, focussing all that effort onto one of the best AA BB’s is rather strange, but then it is the weekend.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,220 posts
3 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I was i div on discord with some clanmates, no need to type and you can curse a lot more quickly... :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_hiding:

This is very true. You have no "control". But you can dish out, and even scare away DDs with torps.

 

You must indeed chase DDs into oblivion, if they are any good they are hard to kill.

But I can hit them. Usually though, cruisers and other DDs are made for that, I don't think CVs are, and this one certainly isn't.

The thing is, CHASE THEM. Don't fire until you are sure. And you can use torps for that, too. 

They cannot get rid of you and when they smoke up (or ram an island), torp them. 

Meanwhile you chase them away from caps and teammates, while keeping them spotted.

 

Very true. 

 

Good tip, I do it all the time. 

I do wish my clan would use TS or Discord, while they don't and I respect their decision not to, my WR will never go up when i am relying on typing, this cause frustration and anger, which in turn leads to utter despondency, in games like this to me voice coms are an absolute necessity, still I don't make the rules so I have to work with what I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,220 posts
1 hour ago, MadBadDave said:

The ark must be pants, I faced one earlier today in my Alabama, I shot down 47 of his planes, the guy just kept targeting me, I don’t think one attack got thru but he kept coming back, focussing all that effort onto one of the best AA BB’s is rather strange, but then it is the weekend.

I did hear a rumour it was nerfed before release, unbelievable, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
5,791 posts
7,351 battles
23 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I do wish my clan would use TS or Discord, while they don't and I respect their decision not to, my WR will never go up when i am relying on typing, this cause frustration and anger, which in turn leads to utter despondency, in games like this to me voice coms are an absolute necessity, still I don't make the rules so I have to work with what I have.

There's more clans you know... I have recently moved, because of voice-coms.

Some people always whining, they want to tell others what to do, I don;t mind

but mostly they want you to do something so they can "perform better" LOL. :Smile_veryhappy:

 

20 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I did hear a rumour it was nerfed before release, unbelievable, lol

They nerfed the bombs, but that was sort of necessary.

The main thing is the turning radius of the biplanes, they should turn better!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
138 posts
2,918 battles

Yeah I got killed by an Audacious in my Chung Mu in around 4 minutes. At the very start he crippled me badly, forcing me to play passive but he just kept sending planes after me until I died. That's the definition of uselessness. 

12/10 experience for me, would repeat. 

By the way it was a 47% win rate player with 2400 games. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
18 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No adjustments to CVs were made in 0.8.8 nor 0.8.8.1.

 

And you did not average 80-100k damage per match. Your average is 72k.

Its called selective memory

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
232 posts
9,242 battles
19 hours ago, _dawnpatrol_ said:

Have WG secretly nerfed CV's yet again?

Onyxia deep breaths more often. For real.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles

Reworked carriers aren't a damage farming class. They're a class build to torment destroyer and cruiser players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
5,791 posts
7,351 battles
1 hour ago, roco4 said:

Yeah I got killed by an Audacious in my Chung Mu in around 4 minutes. At the very start he crippled me badly, forcing me to play passive but he just kept sending planes after me until I died. That's the definition of uselessness. 

12/10 experience for me, would repeat. 

By the way it was a 47% win rate player with 2400 games. 

Meh at least it wasn't me then. If I remember correctly I did it to an Asashio. :Smile_trollface:

Seriously I'll always try to support my own DDs, but I'd rather try to nail something else than a DD.

They require a lot of trouble, better spent on feasting off a fat BB. 

 

32 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Its called selective memory

Nobody counts the battles where they get blapped having zero score...

 

9 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Reworked carriers aren't a damage farming class. They're a class build to torment destroyer and cruiser players.

What a shame, just now when I like to farm BBs... :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×