You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

Food for through 🤔

13 comments in this topic

Players
6,355 posts
10,582 battles

Not sure what you are critizising. the players? WG? you think, what is said, is happening in this very game? I dont see it. Thus I think, you missed the mark. Unless you wanted to say something else, in which case, it might be usefull to fill that white space aka comment field, with some words. @SmokyButtons.

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The video is from 2014....

...and how is the current situation any different from 2014? Is the current F2P market better or worse than 2014? Has the business model changed significantly in the intervening years? Let's read YOUR analysis of the situation.

Your powers of observation are, as usual, impeccable and your point is, as usual, unfathomable.

On a side note, you do understand that it isn't obligatory to comment on every post made here?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
26,255 posts
14,159 battles
37 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

...and how is the current situation any different from 2014? Is the current F2P market better or worse than 2014? Has the business model changed significantly in the intervening years? Let's read YOUR analysis of the situation.

Do you really think this is new?

Wait, I saw this guy talking about this new phone. It is really great, you have never seen this:

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Do you really think this is new?

Wait, I saw this guy talking about this new phone. It is really great, you have never seen this:

So your analysis of the F2P market is to post an old Steve Jobs video??? I'm afraid I have to mark this as 1/10 (you score 1 point because you got the fact that technology is involved correct).

Your point eludes me yet again, anyone here that can help me out on this one?

I ask you again how is the age of the video relevant to the validity of the content? Einstein's theory of general relativity was first postulated in 1915 and still holds true over a century later. The OP posted the video because the "food for thought" was the content NOT the age. Do keep up, old chap.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,255 posts
14,159 battles
5 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

I ask you again how is the age of the video relevant to the validity of the content? Einstein's theory of general relativity was first postulated in 1915 and still holds true over a century later. The OP posted the video because the "food for thought" was the content NOT the age. Do keep up, old chap.

And nobody is posting his theory on the forum as if this were a new development...

It is over 100 years old, people know about it, try to keep informed old chap!

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And nobody is posting his theory on the forum as if this were a new development...

It is over 100 years old, people know about it, try to keep informed old chap!

Where does he say anything about it being a "new development"? He merely posted it as food for thought, he never said anywhere "Hey look I found this new video". General relativity still gets discussed daily even 100 years later, it is still food for thought and, like a four year old video, is still relevant.

If the point you were trying to make was that you had seen the video before then the words you were looking for (I assume English is not your first language) were "I have seen this video before" instead of the cryptic reference to the age of the video that you made. Even then, the fact that you had seen the video before would still not have been worth mentioning as to do so would be to indicate that you had entirely missed the point of the video being posted. The idea was to provoke discussion not to challenge recognition.

Out of curiosity do you derive some kind of satisfaction from your constant, sycophantic contrarianism or is it something that you just can't help? Not trying to be insulting, I am just genuinely curious.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
26,255 posts
14,159 battles
6 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Where does he say anything about it being a "new development"? He merely posted it as food for thought, he never said anywhere "Hey look I found this new video". General relativity still gets discussed daily even 100 years later, it is still food for thought and, like a four year old video, is still relevant.

He is not saying anything at all...

Therefore it is useless as a discussion starter, because we do not know what he wants.

People know how F2P games work and know their problems. Digital and print media are full of articles about problems with F2P for years...

There is nothing new here.

Even the video was posted multiple times on this forum.

Btw. you should worry more about your responses towards me. That really sounds like sycophantic contrarianism.

Players
6,355 posts
10,582 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Digital and print media are full of articles about problems with F2P for years...

There is nothing new here.

Even the video was posted multiple times on this forum.

Now here comes the best part: It seems like nobody has ever actually watched the video (I did). Wargaming is mentioned as a POSITIVE example on how to do f2p-games right. now what? Thats why I asked OP, what his point is.