Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ErickBloodGun

Roon and Hindy. Worth continuing?

29 comments in this topic

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles

A very weird question: why not just stucking with the Roon and forget Hindy?

It may sound madness but I will explain.

I dont have many matches with the Roon yet, but the ship is ultra-perfoming, with around 65% W/L ratio and more than 100K average damage per battle, K/D ratio around 2.5 or something.
It works excellent to me, for kiting is very good, most of enemy players ignore me (dunno why), my HE are consistent also with fires on BB, AP is excellent and I can easily broadside citadel many cruisers, and in turn  I very rarely take a citadel also at long distances and I can manage to mitigate damage quite well, probably also because of the kiting way of playing.
Detectability is average but not bad, was it around 12,5 dont remember? good enough for randoms btw.

Of course the Hindy has more guns, more powerfull, more HP and so over... But the detectability increases a lot, the size gets ultra-huge for a cruiser, you are slow and every BB at distance can easily get a citadel or 2 out of you, even if angling correctly. Ah I forgot, differently from Roon, every red player on the screen wants your head on a plate.

I really like the Roon but im not sure if spending credit and time for the Hindy and turn to other lines.
I already tested the Hindy on ranked and that is the taste I felt. Am I missing something or ?

[SHAD]
Players
2,467 posts
11,036 battles

33% more firepower.

Much better torpedoes if you have to brawl.

About 10000 more HP

The Hindy is still a great ship both ships are tanky for cruisers but are of course still cruisers.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
271 posts
12,253 battles

It is definitely worth it. It might not be the ship that you can do miracles with but it is really good late game(if you preserve your heals and hp) and a great dmg farmer. No reason not to have it. It also gets that 1/4 HE pen which comes in handy against bbs.

Detectability isnt good but you can work around it by just being in kiting position and a support cruiser.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
12 minutes ago, EiricBloodgun said:

But the detectability increases a lot,

the size gets ultra-huge for a cruiser,

you are slow

and every BB at distance can easily get a citadel or 2 out of you, even if angling correctly.

Ah I forgot, differently from Roon, every red player on the screen wants your head on a plate.

in order...

sort of

nope - nowhere near the size of Moskva, let alone the supercruisers...

only marginally slower than Roon...

straight up nope

well yeah you're a bigger threat... duh... :Smile_teethhappy: maybe you should rather take that to mean that the ship is better, not worse? Hindi can certainly take the focus fire, if you do let it happen...

So overall, if you like the Roon then the Hindi just does almost everything so much better that I really dont see a reason not to get it...

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,467 posts
11,036 battles
11 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Hindy is a pretty nice ship. I like her a lot with IFHE nowadays.

IFHE not recommended. Only helps with very few ships.

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Both are decent imo, but I wouldn't rush to Hinden if you're enjoying Roon, they play a bit differently. Not my favourite ship either of them.

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
6 minuti fa, gopher31 ha scritto:

33% more firepower.

Much better torpedoes if you have to brawl.

About 10000 more HP

The Hindy is still a great ship both ships are tanky for cruisers but are of course still cruisers.

Probably because of the balanced turret configuration with the Hindy you are going to give more bradoside than you would like to, or maybe is just a matter of size and psycological attitude of players in harrassing poor Hindy :D

Players
6,328 posts
10,556 battles
58 minutes ago, EiricBloodgun said:

A very weird question: why not just stucking with the Roon and forget Hindy?

What forces you to sell Roon?

[BABBY]
Players
670 posts
10,256 battles
13 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

IFHE not recommended. Only helps with very few ships.

Basically Soviet BalansBoats and Yamasushi, that's about it.

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
40 minuti fa, Tyrendian89 ha scritto:

in order...

sort of

nope - nowhere near the size of Moskva, let alone the supercruisers...

only marginally slower than Roon...

straight up nope

well yeah you're a bigger threat... duh... :Smile_teethhappy: maybe you should rather take that to mean that the ship is better, not worse? Hindi can certainly take the focus fire, if you do let it happen...

So overall, if you like the Roon then the Hindi just does almost everything so much better that I really dont see a reason not to get it...

Perhaps it's just about not offering to much broadside with the hindy, since you have a standard 6 x 6 turret configuration you may tend not to angle correctly like a roon. Still I noted I can citadel the hindy quite easily from distance also when absolutely angled.
But yes, I can make the try and see how it works, I see many players like the hindy so there might be a reason. I rose the question since I found quite easy to farm tons of damage to the hindywith many ships.
Since i got more than 100k average damage on roon i wonder how could it be with much more firepower who knows :P

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
670 posts
10,256 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Looks? :Smile_teethhappy: Seriously it's like a mutated Nurnberg scratch built from whatever the KM could find, only lacks some salvaged uboat kiosk randomly welded on somewhere...

• Funny 2

Players
214 posts
12,181 battles

Eh... comparing T9 to T10?

33% more firepower, more HP and almost immune to 406mm BBs. One of the best attacking and yoloing cruiser.

Detectability has little meaning when you're blazing guns keep you spotted. 

[THESO]
Beta Tester
89 posts
5,431 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Probably no captain.

But yeah i love both ships, didnt play my hindi much as of now since i have a bad habit of unlocking a tier 10 playing a couple of games and going straight in to another grind.

But from what i played for me the Hindenburg is pretty much a roon with extra firepower. The slightly worse concealment is really not a problem.

• Cool 1

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
1 minuto fa, Rautainen_Biisoni ha scritto:

Eh... comparing T9 to T10?

33% more firepower, more HP and almost immune to 406mm BBs. One of the best attacking and yoloing cruiser.

Detectability has little meaning when you're blazing guns keep you spotted. 

Not sure what you mean by immune since Im not talking about close range bow to bow but on distant plunging. You can get tons of damage (at least I do) at a distant hindy.
But its not just about stats. It seems nobody really care about shooting a roon nobody considers it a real threat (but it is), so I basically find that the hindy receive much more punishment by anyone.
As for the firepower nothing to say, there are 12 guns instead of 9. But its also because of the 6 x 6 turret configuration that you may tend to give more broadside. 
Im one of the very few fans of the nurnberg and roon because I like to get focus firepower at the stern, good for kiting, not pushing for sure

Players
6,328 posts
10,556 battles
1 minute ago, H4d3zZz said:

Probably no captain.

Uh, good point... especially, because only now I notice, that OP has less then 800 games played.

Maybe a more general advice is in place here then.

@EiricBloodgun if you are comfortable with T9, there is nothing wrong staying there. Playing a T10 wont make you invincible, even if the ship is better - you are also expected to carry more when beeing top tier. Also, I dont know about your credit situation, since new players / players with not that many games played often struggle here. If you cant efford the modules f.e. for the Hindy - dont bother with the ship. You will not earn the credits on T10, because a silver ship will usualy cost you money while playing, unless you run premium time, perma camo and/or do EXTREMLY good. T10 isnt like a goal or end game or anything alike either. Having some T10s is mandatory for clanwars and usualy if you want to division with friends/clanmates. Other than that, you can play T9 all day every day without missing anything.

• Cool 1

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
15 minuti fa, ForlornSailor ha scritto:

Uh, good point... especially, because only now I notice, that OP has less then 800 games played.

Maybe a more general advice is in place here then.

@EiricBloodgun if you are comfortable with T9, there is nothing wrong staying there. Playing a T10 wont make you invincible, even if the ship is better - you are also expected to carry more when beeing top tier. Also, I dont know about your credit situation, since new players / players with not that many games played often struggle here. If you cant efford the modules f.e. for the Hindy - dont bother with the ship. You will not earn the credits on T10, because a silver ship will usualy cost you money while playing, unless you run premium time, perma camo and/or do EXTREMLY good. T10 isnt like a goal or end game or anything alike either. Having some T10s is mandatory for clanwars and usualy if you want to division with friends/clanmates. Other than that, you can play T9 all day every day without missing anything.

I already have for t10 the Grosser and the khaba. Love the khaba, not much the grosser... actually preferred the Bismarck :D.
Indeed it cost much to have them, so I'd like to be certain before making the final step on my first t10 cruiser.
Cant complain about stats im going pretty well, and it's true it is not obvious that higher tiers perform better in terms of stats and contribution to the outcome of the battle. But I feel like t10 should be and it is actually the final prize of any ship line.

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
154 posts
16,177 battles

Hindy is a monster upclose. Can change the battle late game. Oh and it has built-in IFHE

Players
4,006 posts

I personally hated the Roon.

But I do like the Hindenburg.

Ships with more turrets in the back are just not my thing....

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
28 minuti fa, nambr9 ha scritto:

I personally hayed the Roon.

But I do like the Hindenburg.

Ships with more turrets in the back are just not my thing....

Ships with turrrets concentrated on the stern are for kiting, on the bow for pushing.
I like to push but when I'm on a Bismarck or similar monsters. On the cruisers I noted I tend to be more passive and more like a support, and kiting may be a good way to do so. Thats where the roon should be good at.
I see many positive comments here on the Hindy, so I see no reason not to grind for it 

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
42 minuti fa, LeSnoet ha scritto:

Hindy is a monster upclose. Can change the battle late game. Oh and it has built-in IFHE

It means you put IFHE to the hindy? all germans ships already have 1/4 HE damage compared to the general 1/6

Players
4,006 posts
50 minutes ago, EiricBloodgun said:

It means you put IFHE to the hindy? all germans ships already have 1/4 HE damage compared to the general 1/6

I understand kiting and I have no problems with it. I mean it is boring to me... and not my preferred play style, but having mote firepower in the front allows me to play more aggressively, especially when hunting DDs.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,480 posts
8,832 battles
6 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Hindy is a pretty nice ship. I like her a lot with IFHE nowadays.

I just made a boom boom on my chair :Smile_hiding:

Ontopic:

I used to like Hindenburg, but nowadays it feels kinda meh. If i see Zaos/Henris in the game which do certain things better than the Hindi...

Also i didnt hate the Roon, but Hindi is more fun because you can push many BBs and they cant do much about it. but even that got worse now that we have 430+mm guns all over the place... But you can still bend over Montanas f.e. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,731 battles

As an also-aspiring Hinding player (she's a very fresh addition in the dock), it was nice to read the comments here - you guys gave me a good idea on what to expect. Thank you! :Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this