Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

blocked line of fire indicator(s)

13 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles

heya,

can haz single indicators for each mb turret plz if line of fire is blocked or not? like f.e. a lil "x" on the reload bars?

sometimes it's kinda hard to tell which turrets are around "dat lil corner" of an island already and if a shot/salvo is worth it. actual "all in one" indicator sux in that regard! thx.

• Cool 7

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

1st world problem i guess

Probably, as I have no issues switching back and forth between guns to check if I'm clear to shoot or not.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles
On 9/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, Allied_Winter said:

Probably, as I have no issues switching back and forth between guns to check if I'm clear to shoot or not.

i absolutely would prefer to not have to need to go into close turret view for such

Players
7,234 posts
11,665 battles
On 9/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, Profilus said:

As that marker fails so often it doesnt matter for me.

That alone is enough reason to improve it, dont you think? ^^ But yea, im manually checking myself, and celebrate every time, I get shots through while the indicator tells me otherwise. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles
On 9/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, ForlornSailor said:

That alone is enough reason to improve it, dont you think? ^^ [...]

^this!

sometimes i won't or simply don't have the time to do so, a quick look would be way more convenient :Smile_great: (... and i guess really not too hard to implement :Smile_bajan2:)

Players
1,140 posts
13,074 battles

First off, which devil came up with the idea of putting that on the reload UI then? Why not just put it in the crosshair like a sensible person?

Anyway, i agree that you can just use your C key to switch turret view, even if its not completely foolproof at ranges of ~4-20 km. Having an indicator would be fine, but i think that would only result in people unnecessarily holding their fire while really they would be able to shoot over the islands. 

I'm quite amazed tbh to hear such suggestion from someone with 20k battles, don't you know the shell ballistics of every single ship by now? :P

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles
5 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

First off, which devil came up with the idea of putting that on the reload UI then? Why not just put it in the crosshair like a sensible person?

Anyway, i agree that you can just use your C key to switch turret view, even if its not completely foolproof at ranges of ~4-20 km. Having an indicator would be fine, but i think that would only result in people unnecessarily holding their fire while really they would be able to shoot over the islands. 

I'm quite amazed tbh to hear such suggestion from someone with 20k battles, don't you know the shell ballistics of every single ship by now? :P

:Smile_amazed:lolwut?! :Smile_veryhappy:.... well, as i really can't estimate if u just try to troll or did not really understood the purpose of the suggestion i might simply just spare it out and let it be....... just a note: only because you might not can understand others motivations, u'd might better consider that you might simply lack in understanding :Smile-_tongue:

Players
1,140 posts
13,074 battles

:Smile_amazed:lolwut?! :Smile_veryhappy:.... well, as i really can't estimate if u just try to troll or did not really understood the purpose of the suggestion i might simply just spare it out and let it be....... just a note: only because you might not can understand others motivations, u'd might better consider that you might simply lack in understanding :Smile-_tongue:

right back at you. You see, i understand where you are coming from, but i am dead serious when i say that having a cross on the reload bar would be horrible IMO. 
You see, the reload bar already displays a cross when that gun is broken- i dont want to be under the impression my gun is broken while really theres just a tiny island in the way. 

Also, i understand your idea in the whole LoS/ LoF indicator, but i myself would maybe use this once in a hundred games at most, since in all other games you just know whether you'll clear islands etc

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles
6 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

right back at you. You see, i understand where you are coming from, but i am dead serious when i say that having a cross on the reload bar would be horrible IMO. 
You see, the reload bar already displays a cross when that gun is broken- i dont want to be under the impression my gun is broken while really theres just a tiny island in the way. 

Also, i understand your idea in the whole LoS/ LoF indicator, but i myself would maybe use this once in a hundred games at most, since in all other games you just know whether you'll clear islands etc

1st off:

a cross on the bar been a suggestion, not a design decision. there's tons of other ways to design it.... also, if the gun is broken the whole bar changes it's appereance, right? worth a lol if u think that that (with 8k battles under the belt lol) would make it too hard for u to differentiate.

2nd:

and how is "me personally may use it once in a 100 matches" a reason to not bring such?! i mean, for others maybe goes for every single match?.... or maybe "only" every 10th? still it's an easy to implement improvement in qol terms ui-wise. even simply make it optional is an option....

but yeah, who am i and what do i know with 20k+ matches....

Players
1,140 posts
13,074 battles

1st off:

a cross on the bar been a suggestion, not a design decision. there's tons of other ways to design it.... also, if the gun is broken the whole bar changes it's appereance, right? worth a lol if u think that that (with 8k battles under the belt lol) would make it too hard for u to differentiate.

2nd:

and how is "me personally may use it once in a 100 matches" a reason to not bring such?! i mean, for others maybe goes for every single match?.... or maybe "only" every 10th? still it's an easy to implement improvement in qol terms ui-wise. even simply make it optional is an option....

but yeah, who am i and what do i know with 20k+ matches....

So let me give a bit more constructive feedback. You see, your initial problem (ie. not easily shooting around corners of islands, thats a crooked description but you get it) is a problem that i understand and i won't say i've never wasted half of my shells like that. However, simply pressing C to switch the camera position to your aft (at least, generally thats what youd want then). That way, you can see if you clear the island with your rear guns and if those do then so will your front guns. 
Using C also allows to select the primary gun differently (although not quite consistent) so you can fire the frontal gun first for instance. 

Personally for me that makes that I indeed would never use a LoF indicator. It might be useful to avoid firing at friendly ships while in zoom mode, but thats highly selective. 

But while i could say more about this, i feel that using the "C" key might solve 80% of what you actually seek to solve. If not, please correct me- and i'll see if i can give some useful feedback lol

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles
8 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

So let me give a bit more constructive feedback. You see, your initial problem (ie. not easily shooting around corners of islands, thats a crooked description but you get it) is a problem that i understand and i won't say i've never wasted half of my shells like that. However, simply pressing C to switch the camera position to your aft (at least, generally thats what youd want then). That way, you can see if you clear the island with your rear guns and if those do then so will your front guns. 
Using C also allows to select the primary gun differently (although not quite consistent) so you can fire the frontal gun first for instance. 

Personally for me that makes that I indeed would never use a LoF indicator. It might be useful to avoid firing at friendly ships while in zoom mode, but thats highly selective. 

But while i could say more about this, i feel that using the "C" key might solve 80% of what you actually seek to solve. If not, please correct me- and i'll see if i can give some useful feedback lol

sometimes, and from such an occasion this all comes from, one simply not has the time to switch via C. u rush or get rushed, in doubt with several other influence factors, and just need to know within the blink of an eye if u can shoot or not. that simple.

so, C might solve "80%", but on most occasions where i would have the time to switch via C, i don't really need it. on the other hand i'd highly welcome an easy distinctive solution in comparison to what we have for those other "20%" (my personal "%" numbers most probalby would be others...).