Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Secondaries

9 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
654 posts

Is it me or have secondaries suddenly become impotent, they seem to do little to no damage, I just watched a Grobe vs Kfurst, both Brawlers and yet while the ships closed and passed each other (any closer they'd have rammed), and yet zero damage was done, before the sound rework everything seemed ok, now you can't tell it they're firing, when you could clearly do so before, both audio and visually,  and now they seem not to do any damage, or is it just me :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
18 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Is it me or have secondaries suddenly become impotent, they seem to do little to no damage, I just watched a Grobe vs Kfurst, both Brawlers and yet while the ships closed and passed each other (any closer they'd have rammed), and yet zero damage was done, before the sound rework everything seemed ok, now you can't tell it they're firing, when you could clearly do so before, both audio and visually,  and now they seem not to do any damage, or is it just me :Smile_child:

that would've been the exact same at literally any point during the game's lifespan (after the release of the german BBs obviously... difficult to have that exact battle before^^). Small caliber HE doesnt do especially well against Battleship main belts that are anything between twice and four times as thick as their own caliber...

[S-O-M]
Players
654 posts
50 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Secondaries aim for the hull. Most likely couldn’t pen the hull, resulting in zero damage.

Wouldn't it be more fun/more realistic if it aimed for the superstructure :cap_viking:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
6,759 posts
245 battles
1 minute ago, MadBadDave said:

Wouldn't it be more fun/more realistic if it aimed for the superstructure :cap_viking:

If wargaming had half a brain sure, and if they bothered to rework the skills they currently have to actually still be relevant or useful (or just not take up a stupid amount of points).

But then with subs, maybe support CV's possible British heavy cruiser line and halloween event i doubt they will be thinking about secondaries for a long while yet.

oh well.

[KOKOS]
Players
445 posts
6,353 battles

I don't think anything was changed.

My manual secondary/IFHE Massa is probably my favourite ship in the whole game, but all this dakka isn't terribly effective when counting raw damage, and it never really was, especially against BBs.

It's more about the psychological effect: People tend to make a lot of mistakes when they are bombarded by those little pew pew guns, like driving into islands, showing broadside when they try to flee in panic etc., and for this reason it's also really effective for area denial. Sometimes you can stop half the enemy fleet dead in their tracks, because nobody wants to push into your secondary range, even if you are basically alone on your flank.

It opens up a lot of opportunities - actually damaging and sinking ships is just a nice bonus.

Erm yeah, sorry for rambling. I just love that Massa. :D

Players
194 posts
3,426 battles
1 ora fa, MadBadDave ha scritto:

Dont think anything special changed. As always if you are brawling a BB with small caliber you just need to hope to put fire on it, or hope the shells fall on the superstructure instead of the hull (that is where the secondary guns aim), otherwise of course you will have no damage because of the armor belt
Pure brawling dots still work well against cruiser and dd btw

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
51 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

Yes.

But WG won't hear any of it. They say it's too much work to completely rework the hitboxes/aimboxes for every secondary ship vs every other ship. Or something like that.

And the cynic in me thinks they're not gonna make money from it, so they won't do it. :cap_book:

Last one is pure speculation (and a bit of sarcasm) on my side. The first one was the actual answer they gave the last time this was asked in a Q&A.

Sign in to follow this