Szimatkapitany

Game freezing since 0.8.8 patch

5 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
998 battles

Alienware laptop,

i7-7820 processor, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 graphics, 17" QHD, the game is on an NVMe SSD, win version Pro 1809, 64bit.

Never had any issues with any updates so far. Since 0.8.8 live I had at least 2 times the same: during the battle suddenly everything freeze and I have to restart the laptop to be able to continue playing.

Beta Tester
6 posts
4,856 battles

I have the same problem , it gets so severe sometime it become real difficult to play and this is happening since the patch 0.8.8...  AMD Rysen7, 2700X8 core processor 3.7 GHZ / installed RAM 16 GB / 64 oper-syst x 64  base processor.

[PARAZ]
Moderator, Players
1,208 posts
8,494 battles
36 minutes ago, redcyborg said:

will be nice to get input from moderators.... thanks.

We're forum moderators. Not WarGaming support.

You're best of contacting WG support, they'll be able to help you better than us.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

Players
9 posts
3,121 battles

Noted the above, just replying to publicly add to the list of people experiencing this issue. 8700k @ 5.2GHz, 1080 Ti SLI, 32GB DDR4, 720mm rad space, 12*EK-Furious Vardars and 4 draw fans capping @ ~48c CPU cap, GPUs @ sub 40c while gaming, usually sit at about 35c  (since everywhere else I've seen this brought up, people have been noting VRAM shortages and overheating). Looking at the forums, this has seemingly been reported intermittently since 2015, and remains unsolved. I'm going to try and get a crash dump with procdump or debugdiag since there are no logs generated, but I'm not having much luck because of the way d3d11 locks up.

Game is now basically unplayable for me as I'm rarely able to make it through a single match before I have to force kill everything.

Edit: I usually play triple monitor, decided to try it on a single and I've made it through 2 games so far. Running on a single card, WOWS is showing a 4095MB VRAM limit even on the x64 bin (22528MB available total, should be 11264MB for one card, not that it would actually be able to use the full load but still), and it does actually allocate ~32% VRAM on one of the cards, which is just below 4095MB. It shouldn't usually matter, but it seems odd.