You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Latest Ranked Sprint..

44 comments in this topic

Players
2,168 posts

So 15 games played and only 5 victories.. am I alone in saying:

"Where are the idiots suddenly appearing from?"

Cruisers thinking they're BB's... DD's doing only they know what... camping sniping BB's.... even had a Shchors migrate to an island and sit for the whole game out of sight... and the amounts of AFK tonight..in one game 3..

In one game tonight, I play my Gneisenau, 3 DD's decide together to charge a cap where the enemy Belfast was camped... all 3 are dead in under 4 minutes... the list of idiotic play was endless...

I have finished every game in the top 2 trying as best as I can to win.. in one game, in my Scharnhorst, I was last man standing after only 9 minutes... with not a single enemy ship down... finished top with 3 kills after being torped to death....

Before my head explodes with the incredulity of it all I am going to have a lie down...

Screenshot (483).png

Screenshot (484).png

Screenshot (485).png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
3 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Happens. For example, last Sprint had 100% WR, seasons before that 33%/40%.

3 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

AFK tonight..in one game 3..

There seemes to be occasional server issues. What, for some reason, seemes do be present only in Ranked. I have played 10.battles - have been disconnected or experienced delays in 5 of the battles.

Looks like upload lagg. You can see everything around you happening and happening smoothly, but you can not do anything.

• Cool 2

[FLYD]
Players
1,356 posts
13,066 battles
5 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I could give you a hint... but that would not MIRROR good and accepted Forum Etiquette.

I know this idiots are really bad.....

My other Theory is that they all suddenly stopped from Driving their German BB's at the Back of the Map to join Ranked to be annoying..

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,961 battles

So you believe that Lyon is best choice for ranked sprint?

You have won in DD that corelates to your stats.

You are average with DDs and bad with BBs.

You lost in a BB you won in DD. I do not see anything extraordinary in it.

If you are in a BB and cannot keep your star you are just doing it wrong.

• Boring 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,827 posts
15,734 battles

Wait until they get to Tier VIII. :cap_fainting:

This is what happens when an accessible event, which invites people to come and have a go, meets the bloc of experienced players who know Ranked inside out and who have all the tactics, know how, "best" ships and trained captains.  It didn't seem to happen so much on the first few Sprints - perhaps the rewards were trivial to attract the top end players? You'd be well advised to get a division going, that seems to help. 

• Cool 2

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles

Popped into the usual tier 7 ships (Simms, Belfast and Sinop) expecting the usual 15-20 games to rank one and.......Muppets. Even killing 3 ships a game isn't enough. 

It's filled with people that have no idea how to play the game this session.  It was noticeable last season but more pronounced this time. 

Now ranked sprint is a bit for fun and i actually enjoy it all truth be told. It's less of a drama then the full ranked which simply is too frustrating and don't bother with (up to rank 10 then stop). I'm also glad that you can div too.

The DD's play poor (really poor) so i pop into a Simms and cap and win every one vs one contest, but the BB players cant hit a thing and die so we lose. So i pop into a BB next game and get 3 kills, but then the DD's players get murdered first and lose due to caps. So i pop into a Crusier but dont have a DD spoting and running down the side of the map, and so on. 

Wish i could just split myself into 3. :Smile_veryhappy:

But will Div up tonight so that will be alot easier. 

But the quality is even lower.  It's the lowest yet. 

The longer you leave playing ranked, the more dross you get. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,168 posts
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

So you believe that Lyon is best choice for ranked sprint?

Port screenshot just happened to be on the Lyon... and NO I would not use Lyon in ranked ever..

@Redcap375

I am glad it is not just me and I think that you're right, enjoy the chaos and don't expect a thing......

@invicta2012

Yes I think you are also correct...

and if they do Tier VIII I will be in my element... Kagero, Asashio (+B), Kidd....

Players
3,130 posts
10,565 battles

Nearly every time :Smile_veryhappy: I rely on some unknown player to work as a team, they fail. And i mean simple stuff like supporting DD's. They simply don't understand the game and what is required from the ships they are sailing. Once in a blue moon you do get a good player that also knows what you are doing.

So i don't anymore as I simply expect them to behave like this every game.

They are damage sponges and i just need to do as much stuff as possible before they all die. 

Never do anything that has to rely on the chap behind you to get things done, even if you know it will obliterate the target your after. He WILL let you down.

I had 2 fiji's yesterday and my Sims grabbing a cap.  DD popped up and i thought, "hes gonna get smashed" with 2 Crusiers behind me and myslef.  Yeah....

Both didn't even notice as they were firing at a 16km BB bow-on (they were a Fiji div). 

So instead of having a dead DD in the first minuet of the game, they both died to Sinop fire and we lost. 

Don't rely on your team. We/i used to be the complete opposite and everything i did involved team-play, but not now, not with these players i'm afraid. 

• Cool 2

[MS-B]
Players
830 posts
11,251 battles

Apart of this yesterday and today morning my system crashed playing ranked ( not happening on random). 1to 3 ships don’t start in first minute or two begin of the game. Just give up now ranked.

Players
2,168 posts
1 minute ago, Sambor1966 said:

Apart of this yesterday and today morning my system crashed playing ranked ( not happening on random). 1to 3 ships don’t start in first minute or two begin of the game. Just give up now ranked.

Almost every game yesterday 1-3 players afk for up to 10 minutes...

[MS-B]
Players
830 posts
11,251 battles
11 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Almost every game yesterday 1-3 players afk for up to 10 minutes...

I heard that from many guys. I will try today afternoon and if will be the same I will not play ranked. Just wast of flags.

• Cool 1

Players
2,168 posts
1 hour ago, Sambor1966 said:

I heard that from many guys. I will try today afternoon and if will be the same I will not play ranked. Just wast of flags.

@MrConway is there an issue with this sprint event? Any reasons why so many games (Sprint Only) have so many players afk for up to 10 minutes?

Beta Tester
16 posts
6,931 battles

15 games, 15 losses, never know anything like it. can normally do just fine but lol cant get a win at all!

Players
36 posts
8,285 battles

I think the sprints are maybe the best event type in WoWS. 

I'm doing much better in T7 than in T6 sprint. Played some battles, 15 battles with 66,67% wins so far. Only lost one star.

A couple of AFKs, too many BBs going off on strange routes not really taking part in the battle.

As a DD  player I can really change a battle on my own without CVs or radar (damn Belfast being the exception). 

Players
149 posts

Sounds like the typical early-mid-season slump when the top players have ranked out and the potatoes think it is time to try this Ranked malarkey.

The solusion is easy, only do it in division with another OK player.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
909 posts
9,167 battles

Don't need divisions for ranked sprints. If you're an "ok" player you should be able to rank out fast, 20-30 games.

I wanted a challenge this time, so I tried to only take the Yorck. But man, this thing doesnt have enough armour to stop BB AP when angled and it got enough armor so all AP doesn't overpen.

Ended up taking the FIji for the rest of the stars (rank 4 -> 1).

Players
2,168 posts

Finally Rank 1....

50% WR so happy considering at one point below 35%..

DD's are my thing....lolz

1171014548_Screenshot(519).thumb.png.d162de3a653171783795a91cd0ad4c6c.png

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
392 posts
19,209 battles
On 9/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, Korvettenkapitan_Prien said:

As a DD  player I can really change a battle on my own without CVs or radar (damn Belfast being the exception). 

3× exception - Belfast, Indianapolis and Atlanta :), which are in practically every battle, often two of them... :D

Players
2,168 posts
8 minutes ago, Max_Kammerer said:

3× exception - Belfast, Indianapolis and Atlanta :), which are in practically every battle, often two of them... :D

So a good DD captain will try to keep them spotted so that the Big Guns can tear them to pieces...

I DO NOT worry about them whatsoever because when I see them in the enemy team I am always looking for them... once spotted by a team member or spotted by myself I keep them lit up..

Once they're dead, usually when i play DD they die fast, back to the same tactics as before...

Very happy with my DD play tbh...

Screenshot (520).png

Screenshot (521).png

• Cool 1

Players
2,812 posts

I may not do the ranked this time. I win decently as smaller teams means less opponents but it is tiring. My usual advise stands. You need to kill all ships. By yourself. No other guaranteed way to win. Pick a ship you know well and try heroics. Expect nothing. This is the current meta for average solo players. You have to do it all yourself, it ofc pretty taxing. I reached 4 by the skin of my teeth and while I can see the end, the rewards are just not enticing enough. I want creds personally as I cant do logistics and I always run out. Today I bought some cvs cuz idk why, I never play them, I suck at them and they can't hold my attention. I like flying around the map and see stuff. It doesn't win any games though soo... :Smile_child:

[_ES_]
Players
23 posts
5,633 battles

I'm not a very good player but not a bad one either. This ranked sprint is the worst for me so far. I can't move further from rank 8 after probably 20 battles or so no matter what I do. Normally I end up in top 3 at the end of the battle. I am not saying that sometimes I do something stupid as well :Smile_hiding: But often the battle is decided 3 minutes in. Friendly DD usually makes a bad decision and dies quickly. Followed by a friendly cruiser. Game over. The performance of the rest of the team determines how quickly we will lose... It wasn't like that in the past two ranked sprints, at least not for me. I can only imagine how bad T8 sprint would be :Smile_sad:

[L4GG]
Players
3,045 posts
10,544 battles
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:11 AM, Migantium_Mashum said:

Cruisers thinking they're BB's... DD's doing only they know what... camping sniping BB's.... even had a Shchors migrate to an island and sit for the whole game out of sight... and the amounts of AFK tonight..in one game 3..

In one game tonight, I play my Gneisenau, 3 DD's decide together to charge a cap where the enemy Belfast was camped... all 3 are dead in under 4 minutes... the list of idiotic play was endless...

I have finished every game in the top 2 trying as best as I can to win.. in one game, in my Scharnhorst, I was last man standing after only 9 minutes... with not a single enemy ship down... finished top with 3 kills after being torped to death....

Before my head explodes with the incredulity of it all I am going to have a lie down...

Screenshot (483).png

Screenshot (484).png

Screenshot (485).png

No.

When I started this last sprint last Saturday  it took me a while to get past the initial irrevocable ranks, I went as low as 20% in both my ships but soon the thing picked up  again and I reached rank 3.

By that time I reached 70% with my Gneisenau and afraid those 70% would became toxic I switched to Shchors that finished the thing next day .

Was weird when  compared with the previous rank.

t6 sprint was more enjoyable for me, the t7 sprint was just weird.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,827 posts
15,734 battles
48 minutes ago, starbase said:

I'm not a very good player but not a bad one either. This ranked sprint is the worst for me so far. I can't move further from rank 8 after probably 20 battles or so no matter what I do. Normally I end up in top 3 at the end of the battle. I am not saying that sometimes I do something stupid as well :Smile_hiding: But often the battle is decided 3 minutes in. Friendly DD usually makes a bad decision and dies quickly. Followed by a friendly cruiser. Game over. The performance of the rest of the team determines how quickly we will lose... It wasn't like that in the past two ranked sprints, at least not for me. I can only imagine how bad T8 sprint would be :Smile_sad:

Smaller team, they can fall away very quickly. Tier VIII Sprint would be better as it's 7 v 7, but they had to let CVs in.