You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Operations excluded from Directives...again !

24 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Operations excluded from Directives...  again !

We can fulfill in crappy co-op, but on Op.s - not.

I simply cannot understand this mentality,  are many peoples who have fun in Op.s, where the bots are much more competitive, compared to co-op, but still WG insist in making us to avoid Op.s,

and instead to go on Random or co-op.

I have a nice set of silver ships with dedicated camo.s ( bought them ESPECIALLY to roll on Op.s ! ) , a dozen of golden ships for the same reason,  and now I am forced to use them (in order to get those bonuses ...) only in co-op ( not enough time for random, where you can get those shitty moments of 5-10 defeats in a row...).

Why WG refuse to motivate the players to use the Op.s ?! Sure I can go on co-op, one may argue, but try to get 40 torp hits in co-op ! The co-op ends, normally, in 5-7 minutes, the bots run all on the same place,  in a bow-in-no-brain race,  and the players rush - in to get a kill before the others finish all the bots. Get unlucky and spam in a flank and before you come in range, are no more bots alive ! 

In Op.s. one can get 40-50 torp hits, easily, the bots use more than a brain-cell code-line ,  and you even have some fun !

What do you think, guys, about this exclusion ? ....

• Cool 12

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles
12 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Why WG refuse to motivate the players to use the Op.s ?!

Because they don't care about what the player base wants? They aren't interested in making the game fun. That's why ops are dead.

We are lucky that they haven't removed them using a BS reason.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
30 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Because they don't care about what the player base wants? They aren't interested in making the game fun. That's why ops are dead.

We are lucky that they haven't removed them using a BS reason.

Ops are dead? Do ops know about that? 

Players
642 posts
9,833 battles
1 minute ago, piritskenyer said:

To be fair, there arent many ops left and even those are in a less-than-stellar state.
Its a legitimate complaint that they aren't included in Directives (in the main) and WG do give the impression that they really dont give a s^$£ about Ops....

• Cool 8

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,305 battles
39 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Operations excluded from Directives...  again !

We can fulfill in crappy co-op, but on Op.s - not.

I simply cannot understand this mentality,  are many peoples who have fun in Op.s, where the bots are much more competitive, compared to co-op, but still WG insist in making us to avoid Op.s,

and instead to go on Random or co-op.

I have a nice set of silver ships with dedicated camo.s ( bought them ESPECIALLY to roll on Op.s ! ) , a dozen of golden ships for the same reason,  and now I am forced to use them (in order to get those bonuses ...) only in co-op ( not enough time for random, where you can get those shitty moments of 5-10 defeats in a row...).

Why WG refuse to motivate the players to use the Op.s ?! Sure I can go on co-op, one may argue, but try to get 40 torp hits in co-op ! The co-op ends, normally, in 5-7 minutes, the bots run all on the same place,  in a bow-in-no-brain race,  and the players rush - in to get a kill before the others finish all the bots. Get unlucky and spam in a flank and before you come in range, are no more bots alive ! 

In Op.s. one can get 40-50 torp hits, easily, the bots use more than a brain-cell code-line ,  and you even have some fun !

What do you think, guys, about this exclusion ? ....

While I agree that OP's could be done better and with more interesting rewards, I don't think OP's nor Co-op should be included into the directives. All missions should have the criteria of PVP.

I have only one single reason for this and it's that WoWS as a game has become a charity and ruined any shred of a functioning economy that it had in the first place by doing so. This might sound irrational from a players point of view, but meerly participation should not be rewarded in a competitive game if you can use those rewards in competitive game modes. And let's not fool ourselves, co-op and op's are meerly modes where you show up and win 90% of the times and can do things to bots you could never dream of doing in PVP.

So instead of just handing out participation rewards, maybe more complex missions and a single currency for those would be a better option then handouts and endless new currencies every month, implying you even recieve them (the latest hof fiasco comes to mind).

• Bad 4

[SCRUB]
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
3 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

To be fair, there arent many ops left and even those are in a less-than-stellar state.
Its a legitimate complaint that they aren't included in Directives (in the main) and WG do give the impression that they really dont give a s^$£ about Ops....

Yeah, the complaint is legit, saying they are dead is far from the truth though. There could be new ops too and newport should go where it belongs (the [edited]trash), but ops not ded. 

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles
13 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

While I agree that OP's could be done better and with more interesting rewards, I don't think OP's nor Co-op should be included into the directives. All missions should have the criteria of PVP.

I have only one single reason for this and it's that WoWS as a game has become a charity and ruined any shred of a functioning economy that it had in the first place by doing so. This might sound irrational from a players point of view, but meerly participation should not be rewarded in a competitive game if you can use those rewards in competitive game modes. And let's not fool ourselves, co-op and op's are meerly modes where you show up and win 90% of the times and can do things to bots you could never dream of doing in PVP.

So instead of just handing out participation rewards, maybe more complex missions and a single currency for those would be a better option then handouts and endless new currencies every month, implying you even recieve them (the latest hof fiasco comes to mind).

Sure, because what, you say so? There are people playing this game only in coop. Excluding them serves no purpose, save for idiotic gate keeping.

If WoWS is a charity, then let me ask you, are you paying for it? If the answer is no, then keep on stepping. If the answer is yes, then stop paying.

No one is forcing you to be here.

23 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

I don't know, have you tried telling them that?

• Cool 2

Players
2,808 posts

I enjoy operations. For me it is where I can play some ships I would never bring in randoms. Hopefully something will change or get back to how it was. Cheers! :Smile_smile:

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,305 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Sure, because what, you say so? There are people playing this game only in coop. Excluding them serves no purpose, save for idiotic gate keeping.

If WoWS is a charity, then let me ask you, are you paying for it? If the answer is no, then keep on stepping. If the answer is yes, then stop paying.

No one is forcing you to be here.

If they play co-op they are already excluded, the problem arises when co-op players take their high tier rewards to ranked. But that wasn't my original complaint, it was that rewards are given for participation already as is and most of the long term players have nothing to spend them on except new ship lines which are presented on a silver platter through directives. Giving players everything meerly for participation serves no purpose in the long run nor is it good for the game. 

WoWS has descended into a neverending circle of pumping out new ship lines and rewards given for new currencies, to give players a short term goal with no real long term rewards. Yet some players still want more freebies, why? 

Beta Tester
278 posts

I can name some games that went the route of PvP only for the good rewards, leaving only scraps for the PvE player base. Guess what, in some cases the games lost so many players for being too focused on PvP that it went pear shaped for them.

Excluding a part of the player base on a regular basis leaves a lot to be desired from those exluded, and might end up with resentment towards the developers, because they feel left out.

As for leaving operations out of directives, that does seem a bit strange to me. Care to clarify @MrConway @Crysantos @Sehales ??

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,305 battles
5 minutes ago, Otowi said:

I can name some games that went the route of PvP only for the good rewards, leaving only scraps for the PvE player base. Guess what, in some cases the games lost so many players for being too focused on PvP that it went pear shaped for them.

Excluding a part of the player base on a regular basis leaves a lot to be desired from those exluded, and might end up with resentment towards the developers, because they feel left out.

As for leaving operations out of directives, that does seem a bit strange to me. Care to clarify @MrConway @Crysantos @Sehales ??

One resoning behind leaving operations out of directives might be that they are scripted. Let's say you need 40 torp hits for a directive, you get yourself a T6 DD that carries a little bit bigger torp load and you queue up in operations. Then you proceed to go to the spot where you know battleships are spawning at the certain time in the operation, disregarding any other objectives, screwing other players playing for 5 stars over, just so you can get 10 hits on the 2 BB's spawning at an area, die, exit to port and repeat the same process in the next battle.

Doing this in co-op isn't as much a factor since there is no real objective to them and that might be fine, even though I disagree even with that, but ruining the experience of others to farm certain directives shouldn't be encouraged imo...

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles
18 minutes ago, CrniVrag said:

If they play co-op they are already excluded, the problem arises when co-op players take their high tier rewards to ranked. But that wasn't my original complaint, it was that rewards are given for participation already as is and most of the long term players have nothing to spend them on except new ship lines which are presented on a silver platter through directives. Giving players everything meerly for participation serves no purpose in the long run nor is it good for the game. 

WoWS has descended into a neverending circle of pumping out new ship lines and rewards given for new currencies, to give players a short term goal with no real long term rewards. Yet some players still want more freebies, why? 

Already excluded? Says who? You? Don't be a little Richard.

Let me let you in on a secret. This is an entertainment product, not a tool to stroke your ego. People play it for fun. Play and let others play. 

The guy who puts a Type 59 camo and dragon flags on his Bismarck, just to yolo into some bots isn't bothering anyone, save you. You also have no proof that coop mains play ranked, if you have it, post it.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,305 battles
8 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Let me let you in on a secret. This is an entertainment product, not a tool to stroke your ego. People play it for fun. Play and let others play. 

The guy who puts a Type 59 camo and dragon flags on his Bismarck, just to yolo into some bots isn't bothering anyone, save you. You also have no proof that coop mains play ranked, if you have it, post it.

Why do you feel so attacked by someone's opinion on something that's not even an issue? I couldn't care less about you or co-op mains. If people like to shoot bots more power to them and I actually would like them to introduce far more content into co-op just for those people. Like many different consumables, battle royal modes, random kraken sighting events, an exploration mode for new maps... 

However, OP's are scripted and secondary objective oriented, so they shouldn't be included in directives. They could however add bigger rewards especially for the harder ones. Again, there is no issue here...

The WoWS economy being far too lenient on everyone is a whole other far bigger issue that will lead to a really bad place long term and the whole "new directives every month with a chance to get up to T9 ships in containers, lootboxes and stuff" should be replaced with harder long term missions that are not line oriented...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
278 posts
6,305 battles
17 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Also, this exaclty shows how co-op mains are being already excluded from the rest of the game. You don't care that we got 10 different currencies already, you don't care that 90% of the playerbase has enourmous amounts of resources stocked up, you don't care that there is no real incentive to play anymore since all new ship lines are being researched because of this sole reason in absolutely no time, you don't care that WG is being forced to introduce bots into pvp already because nobody is playing anything under T6 because of all those reasons listed above, you don't care that co-op's and operations are being absolutely forgotten about by the devs just to pump out new lines once a month to keep this chase going...

So, you don't care that the game has become a "one time a month new line chase with lootboxes" as long as you can shoot at bots until the servers shut down and get a sense of accomplishment by getting shiny irrelevant containers from directives... sit your arse down please.

Players
2,808 posts

1/4 of my games are in co op. Some ships are not suited to the current meta in randoms (different ships at different times), so if I want to play them one time and have fun, I will do co op. Just as operations it gives variety. It will be better to have options than not have I think :)

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,414 posts
16,897 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, CrniVrag sagte:

One resoning behind leaving operations out of directives might be that they are scripted. Let's say you need 40 torp hits for a directive, you get yourself a T6 DD that carries a little bit bigger torp load and you queue up in operations. Then you proceed to go to the spot where you know battleships are spawning at the certain time in the operation, disregarding any other objectives, screwing other players playing for 5 stars over, just so you can get 10 hits on the 2 BB's spawning at an area, die, exit to port and repeat the same process in the next battle.

Doing this in co-op isn't as much a factor since there is no real objective to them and that might be fine, even though I disagree even with that, but ruining the experience of others to farm certain directives shouldn't be encouraged imo...

The evidence supports your theory: There are two directives in stage 1 which can be completed in Scenarios: Anniversaries French and Anniversaries Europe.

WG left Scenarios out for the others on purpose, I guess.

Players
1,099 posts
11,502 battles
5 hours ago, CrniVrag said:

Also, this exaclty shows how co-op mains are being already excluded from the rest of the game. You don't care that we got 10 different currencies already, you don't care that 90% of the playerbase has enourmous amounts of resources stocked up, you don't care that there is no real incentive to play anymore since all new ship lines are being researched because of this sole reason in absolutely no time, you don't care that WG is being forced to introduce bots into pvp already because nobody is playing anything under T6 because of all those reasons listed above, you don't care that co-op's and operations are being absolutely forgotten about by the devs just to pump out new lines once a month to keep this chase going...

Allowing Co-op completion is a good thing. Back in the day, when Co-Ops where not included. Random battle gamplay quality really droped during missions and directives. Because players only tryed do complete the missions. This is something you can do, with-out disturbing other players, when doing it in Co-op.

Some directives are just not suited for random completion.

Also, around half the missions are really time-consuming for Co-op completion.

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
11 hours ago, CrniVrag said:

This argument is invalid, if you think a bit about !

Take for example the directive for French or/and European ships, where one must gather big amounts of credits ! Or the one about earning XP !

Or the one asking for 4 wins !

They (WG) excluded Op.s from those - why ?! One cannot "ruin the script", because, obvious, a defeat give you only a pathetic amount of credits, and a 5 stars win give you a lot more - so the players have all the motivation to achieve THE BEST results possible for the team, even to "carry hard" the team !

But WG excluded the Op.s anyway, and obvious on those directives is not about "scripts" but yes because they simply do not care about players who DO HAVE FUN in Ops !

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
9 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

The evidence supports your theory: There are two directives in stage 1 which can be completed in Scenarios: Anniversaries French and Anniversaries Europe.

WG left Scenarios out for the others on purpose, I guess.

You may add the one who ask for XP.

In fact, HALF of the directives could be obtained in Ops , look at them...

Beta Tester
1,414 posts
16,897 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue sagte:

You may add the one who ask for XP.

In fact, HALF of the directives could be obtained in Ops , look at them...

I may not: I have stated which tasks you can actually complete in Scenarios.

Referring to your initial post: I also think there should be more tasks for Scenarios and your 2 examples are very good.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
17 hours ago, Aragathor said:

[...] 

Yeah, tgey told me to [edited]off, they were too busy with the queue to care about being dead. 

Seriously apart from dead o'clock I never had a prpblem getting an ops game, even on [edited]newpprt which is a load of crap and should die in a [edited]fire