Sign in to follow this  
Eyebot

Returning player's question: Referral links

5 comments in this topic

[FAIL]
Players
9 posts
2,565 battles

as a returning player, i got a bit of an odd question...

if i already have accepted a referral by a player, can i cancel this and accept a referral of a different player if i have yet to start playing again?

if not: is there a time limit between acceptance of a referral and actually activating it by playing WoWS?

in case you're wondering how this question arose ...

well, as i was thinking about trying the game again, i did some catching-up on changes over the past year. on a blog i found a referral link of the blog's owner and accepted it, but hadn't yet time to install the client to play again.

when talking with a friend about my return, he mentioned that he also started playing again not so long ago... which also means that he actually could refer me as well.

going by the documentation apparently a new/returning player can only have one "recruiter". is there a way to cancel the first referral and chose my friend as a recruiter? after all, i will division with him regularly (netting us both the benefit of the referral program), something which very likely will never ever occur with the blog's owner.

or would i have to wait until after my next 90d+ hiatus (whenever that might be), so my friend could (if he's still playing at that time) be my "new" recruiter? (assuming that the referral of returning players after 90d hiatus isn't a one-time-only thing)

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

If you are already activly playing with the referal you found on the blog then only support can help you.
After all... if you are already playing you are already generating recruitment points for your recruiter and you already have the missions for the returning player rewards.

It's probably the same answer even when you did not start playing yet. In that case it would just have been worth a try to see if you can simply switch by accepting another referal link before you play again.

[FAIL]
Players
9 posts
2,565 battles
37 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

If you are already activly playing with the referal you found on the blog then only support can help you.
After all... if you are already playing you are already generating recruitment points for your recruiter and you already have the missions for the returning player rewards.

It's probably the same answer even when you did not start playing yet. In that case it would just have been worth a try to see if you can simply switch by accepting another referal link before you play again.

i haven't started playing yet (not even downloaded the client) ... just had a year long hiatus and apparently there's a returning players part of the program.

and true - trying to accept a second referral most likey would have given me an indication about the general workings of the referral program. >_<

still i'm curious about the specifics like: max time between acceptance via link and activation via log-in; recurrence of returning player-referrals (could i get recruited by different people after every 90d+ break, or would my first returning player-recruiter benefit from my return after my next qualifying break, or would no one get a benefit after the first returning-player referral?)

or are these question that should directly be put into support tickets?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
37 minutes ago, Eyebot said:

or are these question that should directly be put into support tickets?

Probably this. I'm not aware of any community member that would be able to answer them, as we have the same informations you do.

The answers to those questions would be interesting though.

[FAIL]
Players
9 posts
2,565 battles

okay, support's answer pretty much boils down to the following...

once you accept a referral link your account will become a referred player linked to your recruiter. this link is only broken if the system resets (whenever that might be). in other words - if you claimed the benefits from the current referral program once on your account, you won't be able to claim it again/with a different player.

Sign in to follow this