Tatsfield

Mounted cammo unlocks for no apparent reason

6 comments in this topic

Question

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
10,906 battles

I'm not a beginner but sometimes my problems seem somewhat basic so I tend to ask the questions here.

I have noticed that sometimes when I choose a cammo for which I will have to pay, the game drops  the cammo at the end of a battle even though I have opted for automatic remounting.  This doesn't happen with free cammo from awards etc and it doesn't seem to happen if I leave the dodgy gold payment option switched on, which I don't like to do because I rarely have gold and when I do I have better things to do with it than waste it on cammo.

Is there a reason that this happens?  Is it something I'm doing or is it a quirk of the game to spend my gold automatically if I was foolish enough to leave it lying around?

5 answers to this question

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
10 hours ago, Tatsfield said:

I'm paranoid about having my gold syphoned off without me noticing, which happened before with signals, so I always enable auto resupply of all cammo or signals but turn off the tick box which ambiguously talks about "Resupply using in game currency if unavailable" which didn't mean anything to me until it transpired it means take gold if its there.

"gold theft" box

I just wondered if anyone else had encountered what feels like a glitch favouring the auto spending of gold, although not on Type 5 cammo, but I didn't see any reason to have this box ticked at all at any time. 

You arrived at the wrong conclusion here. And no, there is no such glitch known.

As i explained in my previous post the box refers to the currency that the camo/signal is sold for in the menu.
Signals are only sold for doubloons (so are type 6 and type 59) so that's what the game will charge you if you keep that box ticked and don't have reserves left in store during the resupply.

The type 5 is available for credits so that is always what the game would charge you if you had the purchase-box enabled.
Even if you didn't have sufficient credits to purchase all/a part of the camo/consumables the game would simply cancel the auto-resupply when the money runs out and NOT convert doubloons.

The game even explicitly shows you what it will charge you after the battle for camos/signals/consumables in their respective menus.

sometimes enabling auto resupply just didn't work unless I tick the "gold theft" box!

There is no mystery about the game not resupplying the camo when you have none in stock and you forbid the game to buy it for you.

If it didn't work with type 5s still in stock before the battle that would be a bug but i doubt that's the case here.

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles

Note that most camouflages are 1-time use only. You use one for each (non-training-room) battle you go into with it mounted.

The only exceptions are permanent camouflages, which are significantly more expensive and sometimes earned through events.

That out of the way the "resupply for in-game currency" toggle is literally what it says on the tin:

It allows the game to purchase the camouflage for credits or gold (depending on which currency is needed to buy it) while resupplying if and when your stock runs out,

assuming ofc you have the resources to buy it and it is available for purchase at that point.

So if you have no more camos in stores with the toggle off it naturally will not resupply them unless it can purchase an additional one.

In conclusion while turning it off when mounting for-gold camos like Type 6 and Type 59 is generally a very good idea

you need to leaved it toggled on if you want to keep a Type 1,2 or 5 mounted (unless ofc you have a massive stock-pile of those that won't run dry)

Hope that answered your question.

Players
149 posts
Vor 10 Stunden, Tatsfield sagte:

doesn't seem to happen if I leave the dodgy gold payment option switched on,

So is it one of the camos that you can buy from the camo tab for gold? Because that would then seem to be working as intended.

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
10,906 battles

My go-to cammo is Type 5 which doesn't need gold but I'm paranoid about having my gold syphoned off without me noticing, which happened before with signals, so I always enable auto resupply of all cammo or signals but turn off the tick box which ambiguously talks about "Resupply using in game currency if unavailable" which didn't mean anything to me until it transpired it means take gold if its there.  But recently I found that if I had been using some fancy award cammo and wanted to change back to Type 5, sometimes enabling auto resupply just didn't work unless I tick the "gold theft" box!  At the moment I have no gold so it's safe to leave the box ticked and the cammo resupplies and charges credits as it should.  I just wondered if anyone else had encountered what feels like a glitch favouring the auto spending of gold, although not on Type 5 cammo, but I didn't see any reason to have this box ticked at all at any time.

Sign in to follow this