Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Moneto

Lexington - which modules, which captain skills?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,429 posts
17,045 battles

Hello, short and simple question:

I am not a CV expert and start to use Lexington now. Do you guys have recommendations, which modules should be equipped and which captain skills are working well? Maybe something has changed after 0.8.7?

Players
2,023 posts
13,093 battles
On 9/18/2019 at 12:11 AM, Donnerturm said:

Hello, short and simple question:

I am not a CV expert and start to use Lexington now. Do you guys have recommendations, which modules should be equipped and which captain skills are working well? Maybe something has changed after 0.8.7?

Yes, something's changed, now anything works. :Smile_trollface:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,792 posts
19,501 battles

Here:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASA108&modules=121221&upgrades=122010&commander=PCW001&skills=139077672&consumables=11&lang=en

Use whatever rocket type you feel more comfy with. Do note that TiTs are undoubtedly superior on the Midway tho so getting a bit of practice in with Lex might not hurt.

Use whatever plane type you prefer in slot 4. Lex is fairly versatile in that regard.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
On 9/24/2019 at 4:11 AM, El2aZeR said:

Here:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASA108&modules=121221&upgrades=122010&commander=PCW001&skills=139077672&consumables=11&lang=en

Use whatever rocket type you feel more comfy with. Do note that TiTs are undoubtedly superior on the Midway tho so getting a bit of practice in with Lex might not hurt.

Use whatever plane type you prefer in slot 4. Lex is fairly versatile in that regard.

Are concealment module and CE completely waste of upgrade/cap. skill?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,792 posts
19,501 battles
4 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Are concealment module and CE completely waste of upgrade/cap. skill?

Concealment Module yes.

CE depends on the CV. Sometimes you don't have better alternatives. On USN CVs it's a waste tho.

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Concealment Module yes.

CE depends on the CV. Sometimes you don't have better alternatives. On USN CVs it's a waste tho.

Thx for input:cap_like:

[N0RSE]
Players
174 posts
14,308 battles

On japenese carriers full concealment build works, since your planes will have a 6.1km concealment. American cv however won't get these good values, so not really worth going this route to boost something that is in general bad.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
On 10/17/2019 at 11:53 PM, El2aZeR said:

In my admittedly limited experience not taking any concealment does make the Lex (and to a much lesser extend the Midway) have rather limited options when it comes to positioning or re-positioning (at least when it comes to any kind of aggressive positioning)

Would the wiser gentlemen among us consider it at least an alternative worth thinking about vs DE (and say TA) or are those problems that get ameliorated once one stops being a scrub like me ? ^^

Sorry for the necro btw, but I've found myself thinking about this quite a bit recently.

[N0RSE]
Players
174 posts
14,308 battles
11 minutes ago, rnat said:

In my admittedly limited experience not taking any concealment does make the Lex (and to a much lesser extend the Midway) have rather limited options when it comes to positioning or re-positioning (at least when it comes to any kind of aggressive positioning)

Would the wiser gentlemen among us consider it at least an alternative worth thinking about vs DE (and say TA) or are those problems that get ameliorated once one stops being a scrub like me ? ^^

Sorry for the necro btw, but I've found myself thinking about this quite a bit recently.

You can go Concealment expert on your captain, mainly to conceal the carrier a bit. But don't go full concealment build including the module, it's not worth it. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,792 posts
19,501 battles
35 minutes ago, rnat said:

I actually picked up Lex recently. Personally I've had no particular issue with positioning. It's just that the higher your concealment goes, the more aware you have to be when you need to move.

I guess you could drop Sight Stab for CE on Lexington maybe since I found TBs to be the more effective and reliable damage source over DBs. Not that her DBs are bad tho ofc.

• Cool 2

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
13 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I actually picked up Lex recently. Personally I've had no particular issue with positioning. It's just that the higher your concealment goes, the more aware you have to be when you need to move.

I guess you could drop Sight Stab for CE on Lexington maybe since I found TBs to be the more effective and reliable damage source over DBs. Not that her DBs are bad tho ofc. 

Thanks :) That sounds like it's mainly my lack of foresight biting me there.

2 short questions on the side: doesn't sight-stab influence rocket-planes and TBs as well and do you consider TA essential on USN TBs ?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,792 posts
19,501 battles
7 hours ago, rnat said:

2 short questions on the side: doesn't sight-stab influence rocket-planes and TBs as well and do you consider TA essential on USN TBs ?

The benefits of sight stab for rockets and TBs are fairly negligible.

Not really, if you can do without TA it's fine too. I still use it on all US CVs but Midway.

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles

Thanks for your help, let's see if i have more success against more nimble targets with TA.

(The main problem is that I don't play enough CV to get a proper muscle-memory and feeling for attack vectors,but hey maybe with this I can pretend I'm competent ^^)

Sign in to follow this