Also have

Harugumo, Worcester, Minotaur and Smolensk

So worth buy colbert or save point?

Ps.

I don't want Ohio for now.

Players
1,662 posts
6,558 battles

Colbert is a hard ship to master, you will cry more than smile with this ship.

if you want a challenge get it

• Cool 1

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
549 posts
11,325 battles

In my opinion, no, its not worth it, unlike the OP Smolensk you need a team to get the most out of it because its so dependent on your team and positioning, since it has no smoke or hydro. Considering in randoms your relying on exactly that 'randoms' you wont get the 'team' it needs to get its worth, simply because the playerbase as a whole fail to grasp this concept in 99% of games you play.

In division play it can be fine. Overall i regret getting it, its absolutely not been worth the time and effort ive had to put in to regrind 'old content' if i could sell it and get my points back i would, its not an enjoyable experience trying to get its worth in solo queue even if you are a decent player because it relies on others to utilise its advantages alot more than you seems at first, very rarely do you get good games in it. You can do more in Worcester and the gameplay is similar.

• Funny 1

[-GG-]
Players
278 posts
14,340 battles
On 9/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, Shadeshot said:

In my opinion, no, its not worth it, unlike the OP Smolensk you need a team to get the most out of it because its so dependent on your team and positioning, since it has no smoke or hydro. Considering in randoms your relying on exactly that 'randoms' you wont get the 'team' it needs to get its worth, simply because the playerbase as a whole fail to grasp this concept in 99% of games you play.

In division play it can be fine. Overall i regret getting it, its absolutely not been worth the time and effort ive had to put in to regrind 'old content' if i could sell it and get my points back i would, its not an enjoyable experience trying to get its worth in solo queue even if you are a decent player because it relies on others to utilise its advantages alot more than you seems at first, very rarely do you get good games in it. You can do more in Worcester and the gameplay is similar.

Tier IX/X freemiums aren't probably supposed to be all OP from top to bottom.

I guess it's more a case of diversity than expectation that every ship will have such an "advanced" gameplay like Stalingrad: stay bow-on in the open middle of the map and f..... everyone else left and right with AP at 20 km range.

If someone doesn't enjoy Atlanta-like gameplay I'd just recommend to wait until November. For the second NTC season in 8.10 WG will probably rotate ships a bit and something new will be available for NTC points (Puerto Rico maybe)

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
15,989 battles

It's a pretty fun ship with lots of dakka, I think its worth it

• Cool 1

[P-W-C]
Players
5,295 posts
28,803 battles
On 9/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, Shadeshot said:

, since it has no smoke or hydro

Dude. It has hydro. Instead of Def AA. :fish_book:

I take hydro now and help hunting DDs in late stage of the battle in it. It's a T10 Atlanta.

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
549 posts
11,325 battles
On 10/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, MacArthur92 said:

Dude. It has hydro. Instead of Def AA. :fish_book:

I take hydro now and help hunting DDs in late stage of the battle in it. It's a T10 Atlanta.

I know what the ship is i have one, it doesnt have hydro, Please tell me where you get that information from?

Try leaving the forum once in awhile :)

• Bad 3

[P-W-C]
Players
5,295 posts
28,803 battles
6 hours ago, Shadeshot said:

I know what the ship is i have one, it doesnt have hydro, Please tell me where you get that information from?

Just change the Def AA to hydro in port. Is it so hard? Def AA isn't that good anymore, changed it on most of my ships. 

Keep your non relevant comments to your own. Mind your business, I'm not telling you what to do with your spare time. 

shot-19.10.08_20.08.28-0443.jpg

shot-19.10.08_20.08.31-0698.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles

Lol, when you try to school someone but get schooled instead. @Shadeshot you're hilarious mate.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
549 posts
11,325 battles
On 10/9/2019 at 1:37 AM, pra3y said:

Lol, when you try to school someone but get schooled instead. @Shadeshot you're hilarious mate.

Totally. do not care for your unimportant opinion. :)

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
549 posts
11,325 battles
On 9/30/2019 at 11:44 AM, radius77 said:

Tier IX/X freemiums aren't probably supposed to be all OP from top to bottom.

I guess it's more a case of diversity than expectation that every ship will have such an "advanced" gameplay like Stalingrad: stay bow-on in the open middle of the map and f..... everyone else left and right with AP at 20 km range.

If someone doesn't enjoy Atlanta-like gameplay I'd just recommend to wait until November. For the second NTC season in 8.10 WG will probably rotate ships a bit and something new will be available for NTC points (Puerto Rico maybe)

Im not saying it cant work and im not saying i dont enjoy atlanta gameplay and im definitely not saying its op, but with the current state of game its hard to 'recommend' since its alot more risk/reward compared to say smolensk which has a better kit for randoms, because 9x10 you cant really rely on others to play together. The times you can (rarely) its fantastic and fun or when you can a good map for it. 

Players
2,072 posts
10,963 battles
3 hours ago, Shadeshot said:

Totally. do not care for your unimportant opinion. :)

In response to the post that was edited over, it was because your response to MacArthur92 was just rude and condescending.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:52 AM, Shadeshot said:

Im going to be the one person to say this. Its always funny to read this kind of topics because it further reinforces the points the OP's of said topics make.

This forum is toxic af everyone is generally a moron, not helpful or constructive, some spend way too much time on this forum cause they are obesssesed with forum post numbers or something (idk) , and you know what i agree with what the op is saying somewhat, game quality has dropped over the years, meta is cancerous, playerbase is totally toxic and pathetic and with most of the replies in this topic from everyone else, you just prove the point.

Then i saw this and went wow, hypocrite much? I mean how is this:

On 10/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, Shadeshot said:

even helpful or constructive. You don't even know what consumable a ship that you have has, didn't bother to even do a quick easy check and immediately act all self-rightous in denouncing someone else and insult him.

Seems to me that you need to have a good look at the mirror because you are the toxic, unconstructive forumite you described.

Now i've also seen that you can't even own up to your own mistake. But i guess even a rude, condescending, toxic and self-rightous hypocrite like you can say anything they want and get away with it (shrugs).

• Cool 4

Players
1,338 posts
16,527 battles

I'm also pondering if I should get it but I am a bit weiry as it looks like an Atlanta vs. Flint comparison with the Ship I already own. So how do you play it? I've met a few in game and they seem hard to kill but at the same time ineffective in using that survivability?

[-GG-]
Players
278 posts
14,340 battles

On the margin of this topic: 

Currently NB offers Colbert and Ohio. I wonder if in November it will be expanded by either Hayate or Marceau ?

November update 0.8.10 will start a new NB "season" so it could be that something new will appear and a tier X DD is pretty viable for naval base points.

Personally I was intrested in Colbert but since my last acquisition was Smolensk I wonder if Colbert is worth it combat-wise, being also a HE-spam cruiser with some obvious limitations towards Smolensk (no smoke, no torps, no point to push range too much due to horrible ballistic). A trade vs Ohio is a bit pointless to me also. In 457 realm there is Kremlin 3x3, 4x2 Thunderer with monster HE, 431 2x4 Republique comes close ... I 'm not convinced to have Montana, Georgia and Ohio in port (for a hefty 62k NB points price).

And anyone thinks that there is a chance that some ships will be moved  between Arsenal (steel) and Naval Base - like Bourgogne, Neustrashny ?  

[P-W-C]
Players
5,295 posts
28,803 battles
2 hours ago, radius77 said:

And anyone thinks that there is a chance that some ships will be moved  between Arsenal (steel) and Naval Base - like Bourgogne, Neustrashny ?  

Nah. They just add new ships to RB. I think Puerto Rico and some T10 DD of the 3 recently tested - Hayate, Emilio, Marceau. One of those DDs can be for steel too.