Sign in to follow this  
JarrusJenkins

Coal farming.

15 comments in this topic

Players
106 posts
3,400 battles

Right, I've had a look around and I can't seem to find a clear and concessive answer to this.

Whats the best way at farming coal or is there a way to buy it? Basically I want to buy the Thunderer and I still need about 120,000 to be able to buy it. 

any help on this would be most appreciated.

thanks

JJ

Players
923 posts
13,126 battles

Basically the most consistent way is to do your daily combat missions (200 Coal for each 3-part mission) and collect More Resources containers up to 3 times per day, for a minimum of 400 Coal each.

If you're in a Clan you can get a Clan bonus every time you collect Coal, of up to 10%, from the Naval Base.

Ranked Sprint will reward additional 10,000 Coal base for reaching Rank 1, and there are two Ranked Sprint seasons this patch.

Say around 50,000 Coal per month from dailies.

So you can get Thunderer in two months time.

• Cool 2

Players
149 posts

The most efficient way to do the daily string of combat missions if you have little time and you win rate is still below 50% is to do Random battles first, for the stages where you only need the XP but not a win, and then do the remainder in Co-Op, where the win is all but certain and battles are usually over in four or five minutes. This much grinding you can probably squeeze in almost every day, even on days where you don't have a lot of time for gaming. Start with the worst ships you are grinding, where losses won't affect the daily chains. Only go to Randoms for the win+XP stages on days where you plan to keep playing until you get the first-daily-win bonus.

You should also make it a habit to at least skim the news to get wise to upcoming missions and events with extra chances to gain coal, especially the first bulletin of any new update which has the patch notes and a summary of the upcoming events etc, as well as the one called "Combat Missions in Month X" which also usually comes out fairly early.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/

While you're at it, you should have a look at any other kind of goodies you can farm via events, directives and such, because every bit of commander XP and free XP will increase your chances and make your life easier. Try to condense as much bonus farming as possible into as few battles as possible, especially  if you are strapped for time.

Also remember you can exchange steel for coal at a ratio of 10:1. In the past, most players thought this wasn't worth it because the steel ships appeared so much better than the coal ships. But that changed with Smolensk, and in the end, it is your choice. You can usually earn steel in Ranked Battles (but not Ranked sprints) as well as Clan events. So you should make sure you have at least one decent ships for Ranked for any tier that might be next, as well as for Clan Battles, and transfer to a more active Clan if your clan doesn't happen to do much competitve play.

Edit: Also I notice you don't seem to ever play DDs. You should very much start doing that and at least grind the Japanese line up to Minekaze at Tier V because without them you have a much harder time farming any missions etc where you need torpedo hits, flooding damage, spotting or capturing. Also your BB play will benefit from it.

• Cool 1

Players
106 posts
3,400 battles
18 hours ago, SlightlyOff said:

The most efficient way to do the daily string of combat missions if you have little time and you win rate is still below 50% is to do Random battles first, for the stages where you only need the XP but not a win, and then do the remainder in Co-Op, where the win is all but certain and battles are usually over in four or five minutes. This much grinding you can probably squeeze in almost every day, even on days where you don't have a lot of time for gaming. Start with the worst ships you are grinding, where losses won't affect the daily chains. Only go to Randoms for the win+XP stages on days where you plan to keep playing until you get the first-daily-win bonus.

You should also make it a habit to at least skim the news to get wise to upcoming missions and events with extra chances to gain coal, especially the first bulletin of any new update which has the patch notes and a summary of the upcoming events etc, as well as the one called "Combat Missions in Month X" which also usually comes out fairly early.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/

While you're at it, you should have a look at any other kind of goodies you can farm via events, directives and such, because every bit of commander XP and free XP will increase your chances and make your life easier. Try to condense as much bonus farming as possible into as few battles as possible, especially  if you are strapped for time.

Also remember you can exchange steel for coal at a ratio of 10:1. In the past, most players thought this wasn't worth it because the steel ships appeared so much better than the coal ships. But that changed with Smolensk, and in the end, it is your choice. You can usually earn steel in Ranked Battles (but not Ranked sprints) as well as Clan events. So you should make sure you have at least one decent ships for Ranked for any tier that might be next, as well as for Clan Battles, and transfer to a more active Clan if your clan doesn't happen to do much competitve play.

Edit: Also I notice you don't seem to ever play DDs. You should very much start doing that and at least grind the Japanese line up to Minekaze at Tier V because without them you have a much harder time farming any missions etc where you need torpedo hits, flooding damage, spotting or capturing. Also your BB play will benefit from it.

It just so happens that I've got a T61 out of a container. Might give that a try

[V888]
Players
2,106 posts
9,520 battles

Maybe you shouldn't rush into T10 (even tho you have one BB already)... My advise would be to take your time, not just buy it (or gamble in the current WG style)

If that advise doesn't suit you then most tips have been given already... Reaching Rank 1 in 'Ranked Sprint' isn't too difficult and you get 10,000 coal which is not insignificant. Do it twice and with 20k coal, you're already nearly 17% down your goal. Always select coal containers from dailies and by the time you get there, you'll be even more comfortable on T10 BB by playing the current one you have. 

[1FA]
Players
259 posts
15,872 battles

Based on statistics that I collected - my most recent 163 "More Supplies" daily containers - there is on average 555 coal per such container.

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
On 9/17/2019 at 6:00 PM, JarrusJenkins said:

Right, I've had a look around and I can't seem to find a clear and concessive answer to this.

Whats the best way at farming coal or is there a way to buy it? Basically I want to buy the Thunderer and I still need about 120,000 to be able to buy it. 

Just take part in special events, take 'More Recourses' for normal container drops, and take into consideration any ship tokens you have available in your Armoury. In all probability the upcoming Halloween event will have some coal available as rewards so use that as well. Coal soon mounts up as soon as you stop looking at how much you have.

[-GG-]
Players
329 posts
18,705 battles

Ranked Sprints are easy gain of 10k coal per sprint

Daily More Resources containers = at least 3x400 coal x 30 day a month = 36k coal per month. In fact something around 42k coal per month due to 2x400 or even 3x400 containers

Be in a clan with developed Coal upgrade - as far as I remember up to +10% coal (so a MR container drops 440 instead of 400 coal etc).

Events like Regia Marina now - up to 14k coal from containers obtainable for tokens

XMas specials - if they repeat last year Snowflakes special - depending on number of premiums and tech-tree ships owned and tiers - 40-50k coal is up to grab one-off. 

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

Coal Grinding is ... hardish.... for a reason. It makes you want to come back and back and back...

I already have the majority of coal ships on the NA server but since I moved to Holland from New Zealand about 8 months ago, I might re-activate my old EU account.

I was one of the first to start a clan (for free) when they came out so I'd like to get that started and bequeath it a good clan member to run...

anyhow, Coal is vital to enjoying the game. Put up with the grind and work it for all its worth.

Beta Tester
105 posts
3,883 battles

Join a clan even a relatively inactive one for the 10% bonus. 

Try and do your three crates a day (32K Exp) and select resource containers.

Do your daily missions as much as you can by just playing the game.

Some of the Objectives they do in special events award coal target these objectives and complete those as a priority.

Thats about it the rest is just grinding, coal is the reward for long term play it doesn't take skill just willpower.

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles

Nobody mentioned coupons yet - they work on buying ships with coal. I've saved many thousands of coal that way (ang gotten ships earlier).

Sign in to follow this