You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Ark Royal is sighted in the Pacific

94 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
633 posts
9,426 battles

Hello all :) Ark Royal is put up for sale on the Asia server(russia too) 

230SEK Around 21.60Euro 

Skärmbild (43).png

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,803 posts
1 minute ago, darkstar73 said:

Hello all :) Ark Royal is put up for sale on the Asia server(russia too) 

also on EU

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

so... for someone that hasnt really been in the loop for all the new shinies... what's the deal with Ark Royal (gameplay wise ofc?)

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
10,749 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

so... for someone that hasnt really been in the loop for all the new shinies... what's the deal with Ark Royal (gameplay wise ofc?)

it's an enterprise at tier 6

• Cool 1

[-LA-]
Players
658 posts
4,765 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

only saw early wip , shes a "huge amount of t4 ships on a t6 base" so big squads with large attack wings, the blanket bombers were destroying DD's in 2 passes.

i am assuming it got tweaked. if not prepare for a wall of tears

Players
454 posts
1,470 battles

Ooooooooo! not usually a CV player but it's Ark Royal!

Hmmm, with a Jingles could be cool (or is that kawaii?)

Players
182 posts
15,191 battles
8 minutes ago, Molly_Delaney said:

Ooooooooo! not usually a CV player but it's Ark Royal!

Hmmm, with a Jingles could be cool (or is that kawaii?)

What is "Kawaii"?? what does that mean?

Players
6,756 posts
245 battles
27 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Instant buy

Is it because of the dive bombers or did they buff her again?

i hope shes in dat container at the end of this event.

also smoll kitty making noises in port.

Players
454 posts
1,470 battles
18 minutes ago, Erik_Aukan said:

What is "Kawaii"?? what does that mean?

It means cute in Japanese.........

except more so......

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
52 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

it's an enterprise at tier 6

Don't tell me it's like Enterprise in that it's brokenly easy to line up attacks?

18 minutes ago, Erik_Aukan said:

What is "Kawaii"??

'cute' / 'adorable'  maybe 'lewd' even... depending on situation. 

54 minutes ago, Padds01 said:

only saw early wip , shes a "huge amount of t4 ships on a t6 base" so big squads with large attack wings, the blanket bombers were destroying DD's in 2 passes.

Utterly disgusting if true. 

#NoMoreMoneyToWG

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles

I just watched that Notser video where he, in the Ark Royal, manages to torpedo the Bismarck with his Swordfish planes, knock out her rudder and then watch her sink by flooding. Who said this game isn't historically accurate? :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 10

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

I am watching it now, I'm actually surprised.... version 1 he tested was only viable against DD's, yet WG still thought it needed adjustments... To bad that last video is already a month old and with WG you can't EVER rely on promises or on releasing a ship without big late second changes. 

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Its a no brainer for me tbh just the kind of premium I suggested she should be (bigger lower tier squads) long time ago, already purchesed it and will try it as soon as I am home this afternoon

• Cool 1

Players
1,616 posts
18,156 battles

Hard call for me, if it had been released this time last year I would have already bought it, but I really don't enjoy reworked CV gameplay, so do I get a ship I love purely for playing operations or not. 

[BBMM]
Players
5,760 posts
7,316 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Its a no brainer for me tbh just the kind of premium I suggested she should be (bigger lower tier squads) long time ago, already purchesed it and will try it as soon as I am home this afternoon

Same here! Also, IMO that is how they should do "uneven" tier CVs. The RN had plenty carriers...

Upgraded sister-ships of the even tiers - with more planes, and then with more modern planes.

28 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Utterly disgusting if true. 

I do not see much difference with Ranger there TBH... 

Two passes and indeed the DD is dead, unless he is lucky or damn good. 

28 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

#NoMoreMoneyToWG

Depends. Jingles is a must have, and I'm still on the prowl for a discounted Warspite.

Oh, and someday, a yellow submarine... :Smile_trollface:

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
6 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I do not see much difference with Ranger there TBH... 

Two passes and indeed the DD is dead, unless he is lucky or damn good. 

I think this just showcases why opinion changes based on skill levels. No Ranger has ever done this to me, while Enterprise is much harder to mitigate damage from. That is my concern, have they made another noobtube with which average players suddenly get a bigger influence on the game outcome. 

Players
642 posts
9,765 battles

I wasn't here for any of the CV stuff (Left in Feb, back in August) ... so looking a tier 6 CV with Tier 4/5 planes, that might go up against a tier 8 CV with tier 10 planes (Saipan?)... I  don't get it...

It sounds utterly underwhelming, but it wouldn't be the first time that what you see is not what you get.

SO, other than it being "The" Ark Roayl, what's good about this CV?

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
Just now, Starchy_Tuber said:

I wasn't here for any of the CV stuff (Left in Feb, back in August) ... so looking a tier 6 CV with Tier 4/5 planes, that might go up against a tier 8 CV with tier 10 planes (Saipan?)... I  don't get it...

It sounds utterly underwhelming, but it wouldn't be the first time that what you see is not what you get.

CVs do not ever "go up against each other"...

• Bad 1

Players
642 posts
9,765 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

*sigh*

Thanks for the useful reply.

(seriously? And you wonder why so many people don't use the forums due to tis toxicity, totally ignore the question to try to score a 1-up point...geesus)

[BBMM]
Players
5,760 posts
7,316 battles
2 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I think this just showcases why opinion changes based on skill levels. No Ranger has ever done this to me, while Enterprise is much harder to mitigate damage from. That is my concern, have they made another noobtube with which average players suddenly get a bigger influence on the game outcome. 

Well, I'm not quite a N00b on CV and not really very good either, and I trust you're not a N00b on DD.

Enterprise is sort of OP, but I do not have it. I do not need to statpad or anything like that. 

Ark Royal is gonna be LOL anyway as I still like to take out Hermes for some twin-winged Swordfish fun... no matter what result.

Can't get to grips with Implacable... but to me CV is not OP. I like Furious and Hermes though.

1213618670_BLUBCVstats.thumb.JPG.6f42ecd51daae2bdbc2ecdafdc8f1e52.JPG

Players
9,816 posts
11,501 battles
5 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

Can see some use in Operations, where 3TB attack wing and quick plane restock can help. Also premium, so you can put high leveled UK captain on her, in case you've made that mistake and actually have UK carriers.

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Even if underwealming for all those that grew up on the "Sink the Bismarck!" and such this is one of the iconic ships to have in port, even if I use her exclusivly in ops she is still worth it to me

• Cool 3

Players
984 posts
11,492 battles
8 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

7 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

*sigh*

(seriously? And you wonder why so many people don't use the forums due to tis toxicity, totally ignore the question to try to score a 1-up point...geesus)

This is true though. CVs do NOT face off with eachother in general, and moreover the scenario that we'd be sketching here is a particular tier 6 facing off with a particular tier 8  carrier. Out of all carrier battles, generally no double-CV battles should happen, and spread tier battels are even rarer. Meaning maybe one in 10.000 battles we'll have a tier 6 AND a tier 8 in the same battle now. 

• Cool 4

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
7 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

*sigh*

no idea what your problem is... the first half of your post was entirely nonsensical, precisely because those planes will never have any interaction whatsoever... and for the second half (which contains your question, which if you were to actually read the thread I pretty much asked the exact same thing above) you can pretty much just keep reading the thread and make your mind up from the various bits of information received^^

• Cool 1