You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SlightlyOff

4th Anniversary: MORE carrier battles in 0.8.8! Yippeeh!

38 comments in this topic

Players
149 posts

And there we have it:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-088/#carrier-aviation-training

The recent AA nerf was apparently not enough to pretty up the spreadsheet sufficiently, so WG feel compelled to incentivise carrier play even more, with a special series of directives and rewards.

Hooray!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,140 posts
13,659 battles

Can recommend the Ark Royal. Nice CV for operations.

Her planes are T4, but 3 torp per attack are nice. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
1 hour ago, SlightlyOff said:

And there we have it:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-088/#carrier-aviation-training

The recent AA nerf was apparently not enough to pretty up the spreadsheet sufficiently, so WG feel compelled to incentivise carrier play even more, with a special series of directives and rewards.

Hooray!

AA nerf ? What AA nerf ? As far as i saw that AA got buffed ..

• Funny 4

Players
2,040 posts
13,135 battles
6 minutes ago, Corvi said:

So much that no one wants to play CVs any more. :Smile_trollface:

shot-19.09.16_17.02.28-0162.jpg

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,383 posts
24,310 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Bigger question: is really Ark Royal obtainable via cat loot boxes?:cap_hmm:

19d931f8-d86f-11e9-8e44-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

That is a really good question actually, if recent history has taught us anything its that such tables and images can be easily "misinterpreted" by us lowly mortals

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
149 posts
Vor 15 Minuten, Corvi sagte:

Did you really not notice that AA is back to the levels when they first rolled out the rework in January? With Tier VIII plane squads crapping all over Worcesters and Smolensks and everything? Did it completely pass you by that the AA mod 1 upgrade is now useless on basically all DDs and lots of other ships?

• Cool 1

Players
2,040 posts
13,135 battles
5 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

That is a really good question actually, if recent history has taught us anything its that such tables and images can be easily "misinterpreted" by us lowly mortals

Another question is what if one will get mission for already owned ship like Cossack or Bis in my case. Will I get Ark Royal mission? If not what compensation will I get for Cossack, credits or gold? Knowing WG credists, but maybe...  @Sub_Octavian @WG_Lumberjack can you clarify?

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,383 posts
24,310 battles
13 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

Did you really not notice that AA is back to the levels when they first rolled out the rework in January? With Tier VIII plane squads crapping all over Worcesters and Smolensks and everything? Did it completely pass you by that the AA mod 1 upgrade is now useless on basically all DDs and lots of other ships?

No its not, in the first iteration of the AA it was enough to be able to find the W and S keys and you would do a run with like one plane lost from the entire attack wing if even that, I (and I suck at cvs in general and especially at IJN cvs) remember doing multi runs with Haku 4 torper squads again and again without having to take out any other plane type more then once every now and then so my planes have time to return and stack back up, also if you were in a tight spot you just pressed F and hey presto 3/4 of a squad returned safely... Current AA is nothing like the one back then

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,319 posts
36,114 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Bigger question: is really Ark Royal obtainable via cat loot boxes?:cap_hmm:

19d931f8-d86f-11e9-8e44-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

I think it'll be just normally available in the shop too.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,521 battles
1 hour ago, SlightlyOff said:

@SlightlyOff Nomen omen done right. Good troll, sir.

[CAIN]
Players
4,403 posts
18,576 battles
2 hours ago, SlightlyOff said:

And there we have it:

Hooray!

You can complain, you can curse, beg and swear, it won’t change anything. 

I hate CVs more then anybody else, but complaining won’t achieve much except for not allowing WG to sweep the entire CV reeeeork under the rug. 

So, I decided to become active and fight fire with fire. Get yourself a Hosho, put your best captain on it, train like mad in coop, then start giving new and old players the time of their life in tier 4. 

I have to admit that i‘ve taken not enough practice games in coop, but still, it works out. 

The more people are pi$$ed off and either leave or raise a $hitstorm, the better. 

See you in tier 4 dude. ;)

• Cool 4

[-TPF-]
Players
3,847 posts
15,897 battles
9 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

So, I decided to become active and fight fire with fire. Get yourself a Hosho, put your best captain on it, train like mad in coop, then start giving new and old players the time of their life in tier 4. 

Never! If you want my :cap_money:at those Tiers I need a Coventry, Carlisle or Delhi without delay: not wasting time or money on junk CVs.

Players
149 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Jethro_Grey sagte:

So, I decided to become active and fight fire with fire. Get yourself a Hosho,

Argh but they are so booooring! and DUMB!

I've taken to playing the most toxic surface ships that I own instead, almost exclusively, in protest of CVs.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,462 posts
13,485 battles
1 hour ago, DariusJacek said:

Another question is what if one will get mission for already owned ship like Cossack or Bis in my case.

Recent history suggests that missions for ships you already have will give silver, not doubloons, alas.

3 hours ago, Panocek said:

Bigger question: is really Ark Royal obtainable via cat loot boxes?

I imagine it will be; the crucial question is at what drop rate...!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,146 posts
3,060 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Recent history suggests that missions for ships you already have will give silver, not doubloons, alas.

I imagine it will be; the crucial question is at what drop rate...!

yep, these are missions, so the compensation is silver.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
5 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

So much that no one wants to play CVs any more. :Smile_trollface:

shot-19.09.16_17.02.28-0162.jpg

So much that they removed the most OP CV from premium shop because it’s performance suddenly tanked ..

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
12 hours ago, SlightlyOff said:

Wot ? My Tier 8 carriers are deplaned 7 minutes into the game because in every attack you lose the entire squadron of planes after the first drop. AA is absurdly strong right now, and there are plenty of ships that are completely untouchable for CVs. If you are left with them you can basically sit back and watch the loss. 

• Cool 1

Players
504 posts
12,345 battles

3 CV's in a tier 4/3 match?  Getting a bit silly isn't it? It doesn't affect me too much in my Yubari even though that is a mere shadow of what it once was, but seeing these poor sods in tier 3 boats with no AA getting screwed over by experienced and non experienced players of CVs is a bit much.  I thought I was a bad man for playing mid tiers but this current onslaught is ludicrous.  I actually thought WG wanted players to play mid tiers but with this fiasco going on I can imagine more giving up than staying. Just my two bobs worth though. 

Players
3,229 posts
15 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Can recommend the Ark Royal. Nice CV for operations.

Her planes are T4, but 3 torp per attack are nice. 

So is she in the shop yet, and where is the Indomitable? Seen her in action, but watching the vids, one to avoid for me historical ship for the collectors though

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,966 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, SirBlemmingtonSmythe sagte:

I actually thought WG wanted players to play mid tiers

they do actually. with their 19 pts captain on a hosho clubbing said poor sods^^

• Funny 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,140 posts
13,659 battles
Vor 41 Minuten, NoobySkooby sagte:

So is she in the shop yet, and where is the Indomitable? Seen her in action, but watching the vids, one to avoid for me historical ship for the collectors though

Noone knows, back in development limbo. I'd guess she will stay there for some months :/

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,383 posts
24,310 battles
48 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

she is

• Cool 1