Sehales

General Feedback - 0.8.8

106 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,412 posts
1,339 battles

Please leave any general feedback regarding Update 0.8.8 in this thread.

Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the linked thread:

Patch Notes:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-088-fourth-anniversary/

Update Video:

[X13]
[X13]
Players
3 posts
5,058 battles

Thanks for letting us buy containers for more collections. Great!

But please also let us buy containers for the Belle Époque collection in the Armory or remove the collection from our collections in ‘Profile’ > ‘Collections’. Please :-)

Players
336 posts
16,508 battles

The audio is extremely broken.....

I can not express in words how broken it is :)

I am not joking when I say that it is really difficult to endure this audio abuse.

And it seems the game has altered my audio settings from ultra down to high during this installation.

• The bullet splashes next to your ship are extremely loud and is not easy to figure out which volume setting it is.

I mean, try setting your gun volume to 50% and shoot the water next to your boat and feel the torture... (Yes, my sfx is set to 50% also, makes no difference)

• The engine sound was too loud.
  • The explosions are waaay too loud.
  • Consumable activation sound is extremely loud.

• The "Click"-sound in game is suddenly too low or connected to some volume option that is not logical, completely different volume from popup sounds like "You have a new battle report" in port.

All the above is in comparison to other sounds.

My personal opinion is that it makes for a really uncomfortable noise-spam-experience.

• Also. changing the volume makes extremely big steps in volume difference

This needs a fix ASAP.

• Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,367 posts

Even though it is a nice port and I intend to keep it, let me repeat:

Do not mess with user settings. Don't change the port against our will. Without a real need to change them, user settings should be taboo to you. The selected port IS a user setting.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

Players
46 posts
14,972 battles

worst audio ever, secondaries are too low, i cant even hear when the reload of the guns are complete 

those two just to have an idea! u dont hear us, if u dont have magor complains about the sound why messing with them makes no sense dont u have something better to do?

• Cool 1

Players
665 posts
8,735 battles

So, a mate of mine came accross this: 

https://worldofwarships.eu/join/5017_EN1?utm_source=email&utm_medium=loyalty&utm_campaign=anniversary

Could someone tell me whether this is legit (it looks 100% fishy to me as it does not have the standard WoWS pages layout, clicking WoWS in the top left corner doesnt work etc)
and how i can redeem these bonusses if it is legit? I shouldnt have to download anything right? 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,367 posts
9 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

So, a mate of mine came accross this: 

https://worldofwarships.eu/join/5017_EN1?utm_source=email&utm_medium=loyalty&utm_campaign=anniversary

Could someone tell me whether this is legit (it looks 100% fishy to me as it does not have the standard WoWS pages layout, clicking WoWS in the top left corner doesnt work etc)
and how i can redeem these bonusses if it is legit? I shouldnt have to download anything right? 

It's legit. You gain those items automatically once you qualify for them. No action on your part necessary.

Players
665 posts
8,735 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

It's legit. You gain those items automatically once you qualify for them. No action on your part necessary.

Well i've been around since open beta, but i havent seen any bonus. Yet to come perhaps?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,367 posts
5 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Well i've been around since open beta, but i havent seen any bonus. Yet to come perhaps?

Look again... I'm pretty certain you'll have at least some of those anniversary patches available. If those are there the rest arrived as well.

I know that I'll recieve my 4th anniversary patch in late January.

Players
665 posts
8,735 battles
30 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Look again... I'm pretty certain you'll have at least some of those anniversary patches available. If those are there the rest arrived as well.

I know that I'll recieve my 4th anniversary patch in late January.

Hm, i received the 1,2, and 3 year patches- but not the 4 year. I'm a 4 year player though. Also, no discount coupon

[ATOM]
Players
48 posts
6,135 battles

For some reason, my game keep crashing to loging screen, it just lags and after a while, it will throw me to loging screen. It crashed 3 time sin one Co-op match. I talked to others in chat, and many of them had same problem. This wasnt happening before update.

[501L]
Players
3 posts
3,029 battles

Let me say it again. WHY ARE YOU LOCKING CONTENT BEHIND PAYWALLS

The four year event? Hurray! Except it has a giant "Full access requires premium ships" cmon! 

Blocking the hall of fame behind expensive premium ships people barely use? You're better than that! 
Go ahead, reward people that have them, make a combat mission for the premium ships from Europe and Pan America that gives them containers but FFS LET EVERYONE INTO THE HALL OF FAME

The grind is hassle enough for most players to barely keep up with the event, and you're cockblocking them with shitty money grabbing tactics

• Cool 3

Players
149 posts

The best thing about the new patch, although I'm sure I'm jinxing it by writing this now:

My video troubles have completely gone.

So it was actually not a hardware problem and neither anything to do with overheating, my passive grpahics card, nor Windows 7 virtual memory management as suggested by customer service.

It was a faulty WoWs patch 0.8.7.

[SRW]
Players
384 posts
4,441 battles

It's obvious that WG worked hard to improve the sounds. Unfortunately, they are worse than ever.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,639 posts
18,848 battles

Sound as usuall after new "improvements" is crap. Strange music effects from SF movie in game and sound level is again different then previous.

For me it's unplayable. GG !

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Beta Tester
2 posts
12,352 battles

Since this patch, I am having frequent black screen in game that forces me to reboot the PC ! 

• Funny 1

Players
363 posts

Well done WG after two plus hours of the update 0.8.8 loading we have another cluster-F*** of an up date unable to play with crashes, stutter, mega load times, all port screens lockup's and even faster bot ships that can you hit with exceptional accuracy when you're no detected and the DD with even harder hitting guns 100.mm-150.mm guns taking almost a third of a BB health with one hit WTF!!! .

[OESK]
Players
1 post
3,309 battles

Lost my connection and get a team kill - thats not fear.
You think at the Guys who have not the best connections???

Players
198 posts

Picture of the Wood ship appears then crash straight to Desktop and thats as far as I get?

Tried WG game checker in the Game folder " extraneous files found " but no fix.

Uninstalled..................... now downloading 26 GIG

[JEANS]
Players
245 posts
5,427 battles

Will you ever fix the minimap overlaying crosshair issue?

0e3knf7mor731.png

It was just fine until you decided to switch numbers' side and increased it along side with it.

It's been months already you incompetent bunch!