Sign in to follow this  
Sehales

Ranked Sprints

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,512 posts
2,191 battles

The next two seasons of Ranked Sprints are available in update 0.8.8!

You can share your feedback about them here.

You can find all details about the ranked sprints in this article.

[BASIC]
Players
723 posts
21,372 battles
1 hour ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Belfast not available for sale because she's so OP, but she's available with that level of advantage in Ranked?

Why not? Somebody earned it and thus have to be excluded from ranked because of that?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

And Balancedfast is quite easily countered by 16" care-packages, especially if they come from Sinop or Nelson.

• Cool 1

[TWS]
Players
484 posts
5,812 battles
28 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

Why not? Somebody bought it and thus have to be excluded from ranked because of that?

Fixed ..and others are precluded from doing so.

No exclusion necessary, don't be so petulantly adversarial. Clearly she should be made available for sale again. Hence my point.

Players
96 posts
19,707 battles

i promised myself to NEVER post here again. but... i break my own promise.

ah well, WG does that every day, so who cares.

2 Atlanta's and a Belfast in 1 team, and no radar in the other?

well done WG, very well done!!!!!

Now, go back to T6 ranked maximum, and dont let use play your useless ranked from T7 and up.

You fuckes it up, do let us pay for your stupid idea's.

i hope i will never meet a WG staff member in real life, and until now i can avoid all of them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

I don't wanna sound negative but from my experience in the current 'Ranked Sprint' the matchmaking is unbelievably unbalanced.

Not tier-wise obviously but yes in terms of ship strengths and consumables available on them (like radar mentioned above)...

So far I had ONE exciting battle (that funny enough ended up in a draw).. All other battles (more than a dozen) were utterly boring with one team wiping the other easily. Out of all those battles at least a few ended up with a team's 'clean win' with no ships sunk on the other team. Doesn't matter in which team I was, it was not good either way.

Just pointing it out, nothing else.

Players
547 posts

T7 Ranked Sprint is a really fun mode, glad we have it. Overall the slightly bigger maps from last T7 Sprint worked better as a Belfast alone (or one of the other two radar ships) can cover two control points now.

Players
149 posts

The standard of competence regarding my teammates has been spectacularly bad so far, I'm sorry to say. Today I even got two torps in the back from the Fiji on my own team.

This in turn means it seems to be up to me to carry, which is not usually ma role of choice, which leads me to the question of what ship best to use. The best answer I could come up with was Z-39, although I'm not too fond of it. I'd honestly prefer T-61 even in a Tier VII environment.

Which leads me to the idea that maybe this Ranked Sprint mode, or maybe even all competitive modes, should not be restricted to specifically one single Tier but players should be allowed to bring ships up to a certain nominal Tier. In the freestyle spirit.

You would then of course need some other sort of admission restriction to prevent those modes being flooded with rookies in low tier ships who have not yet unlocked or bought any higher ones and overestimate their own capabilities. So maybe players could only be allowed to bring lower tier ships once they have unlocked a ship of the nominal tier, possibly also a type restriction so you can only bring a Tier VI DD to a Tier VII Sprint if you have unlocked at least one Tier VII DD, or maybe even an additional nation and even line restriction, allowing you to only bring Minekaze (Kamikaze?) if you have unlocked Shiratsuyu.

Just spitballing here.

[ENUF_]
Players
629 posts
23,251 battles

I was regrinding my USN cruisers (Cleveland), so i tried to combine it with the ranked sprint season 9. Most of the time it was not much fun. Why? Here are a couple of reasons:
-MM looked like this all the time: 4 BBs, 1 CA/CL (me), 2 DDs. From time to time 1 DD was replaced with a 2nd CA/CL.
-At T8 every BB will overmatch Clevelands armor from bow to stern completely. Hiding behind an island is the only option, repositioning is barely possible because the moment you get spotted 4 BBs are on you, instantly.
-Make a small mistake and you're dead.
-It takes ages to wear down BBs especially something like a Vladivostok, but if the BB gets some luck on their dispersion, you're out.
-I managed to escape most of the CVs with the same named button on my keyboard, but if it failed and i got a CV match, it was even worse. You can't move anywhere without being spotted by the CV and get shot by everyone.

After unlocking the Seattle, i switched to the Vladivostok myself for the rest to rank 1. What a difference. So much less effort needed for better results. No wonder most players evade playing T8 cruisers in ranked like the plague.

Cruisers: High risk/low reward.

Battleships: Low risk/high reward.

Sign in to follow this