Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Combat Missions of Update 0.8.8

49 comments in this topic

[0KILL]
Players
28 posts
12,837 battles

Nine Lives of Unsinkable Sam

Start: Mon. 16 Sep. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 16 Sep. 06:00
End: Wed. 16 Oct. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Wed. 16 Oct. 06:00

The cat known as “Unsinkable Sam” outlived the three warships he served on: German battleship Bismarck, British destroyer Cossack, and British aircraft carrier Ark Royal. Now he can settle in his spot in your Port!

Completing a chain of combat missions dedicated to the seafaring mascot will reward players with four Unsinkable Sam containers and a permanent camouflage for battleship Bismarck with a portrait of this famous feline!

I presume this starts tomorrow on the 17th, as there is no such mission currently in game (Unsinkable Sam )

image.png

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
134 posts
4,774 battles
57 minutes ago, MEPH1ST0 said:

Nine Lives of Unsinkable Sam

Start: Mon. 16 Sep. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Mon. 16 Sep. 06:00
End: Wed. 16 Oct. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Wed. 16 Oct. 06:00

The cat known as “Unsinkable Sam” outlived the three warships he served on: German battleship Bismarck, British destroyer Cossack, and British aircraft carrier Ark Royal. Now he can settle in his spot in your Port!

Completing a chain of combat missions dedicated to the seafaring mascot will reward players with four Unsinkable Sam containers and a permanent camouflage for battleship Bismarck with a portrait of this famous feline!

I presume this starts tomorrow on the 17th, as there is no such mission currently in game (Unsinkable Sam )

image.png

Right you are, it starts tomorrow on EU with the launch of Update 0.8.8. 

Players
155 posts
7,574 battles

"You can purchase 1,500 2,000 credits for 1 doubloon."

Is this one way only? Can you purchase 1 doubloon for 2000 credits? :cap_hmm:

What about 2 doubloons? 

• Funny 2

Players
2 posts

Shame new players can't get their hands on those supercontainers. Well, have to do with camouflages and such I suppose. Still, it's free by just playing the game, so not really in a position to complain (much) I suppose ;) 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,199 posts
18,071 battles
34 minutes ago, BowTieMcBoat said:

Shame new players can't get their hands on those supercontainers.

The idea behind it is to reward people who are still playing the game after all the time. New players won't be leaving empty handed, they can do directives and get a T6 premium plus 3 SCs, they can get camos and gift boxes from lower tier ships.

Last year and the year before long timers got special signal flags for every 1000 battles. So don't worry, you aren't excluded, and next year you'll have some T10s and SCs too.

In other news. The unsinkable sam crates can drop Ark Royal, so that one's also final.

• Cool 1

Players
802 posts
11,295 battles

"You can purchase 1,500 2,000 credits for 1 doubloon."

I appreciate how this is worded this time. When you previously used "exchange" there was some understandable confusion!

Also, what is happening on 13 October? That looks to be an interesting combat mission reward!

Edit: "36x Type 1 camouflage patterns; 3x Stars 'n Stripes camouflage patterns; a commemorative patch; 400 Coal"

[LIEGE]
Players
15 posts

By completing missions of the Directives, you can earn credits, Coal, and up to 20 Gift containers, among other rewards.
Complete the first three Directives—get a supercontainer for each of them.
Completing the last Directive will reward you with a container that drops a randomly selected Premium Tier VI ship.
The container with a randomly selected Premium Tier VI warship can drop one of the following ships:
VI Admiral Graf Spee
VI Aigle
VI Anshan
VI Arizona
VI De Grasse
VI Duca d'Aosta
VI Dunkerque
VI Gallant
VI Huanghe
VI Molotov
VI Monaghan
VI Mutsu
VI Perth
VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich
VI T-61
VI Warspite
VI W. Virginia 1941

This I like: to get Premium ship and according text it's sure to get one if you complete last directive (since I have very bad luck)

• Cool 1

Players
3,313 posts
15,811 battles
On 9/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, Marccus said:

By completing missions of the Directives, you can earn credits, Coal, and up to 20 Gift containers, among other rewards.
Complete the first three Directives—get a supercontainer for each of them.
Completing the last Directive will reward you with a container that drops a randomly selected Premium Tier VI ship.
The container with a randomly selected Premium Tier VI warship can drop one of the following ships:
VI Admiral Graf Spee
VI Aigle
VI Anshan
VI Arizona
VI De Grasse
VI Duca d'Aosta
VI Dunkerque
VI Gallant
VI Huanghe
VI Molotov
VI Monaghan
VI Mutsu
VI Perth
VI Prinz Eitel Friedrich
VI T-61
VI Warspite
VI W. Virginia 1941

This I like: to get Premium ship and according text it's sure to get one if you complete last directive (since I have very bad luck)

There are some very nice ships in that list - and a few that I don't like (Most players would say the same).

The only two that I don't have are "Monaghan" and "W.Virginia 1941" - not interested in either of them and already have ample port slots and  too many 10-point US captains.

This is where being a whale has backfired on  me a bit. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
385 posts
On 9/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

There are some very nice ships in that list - and a few that I don't like (Most players would say the same).

The only two that I don't have are "Monaghan" and "W.Virginia 1941" - not interested in either of them and already have ample port slots and  too many 10-point US captains.

This is where being a whale has backfired on  me a bit. :Smile_sad:

With you there... all i want is the  =^.^= camo for Cossack*... *sigh* ...and the only thing i know i will definitely get is the W. Virginia... XD

( But =^.^= for Bismarck is nice too ; ] )

For real, though: i like the event. Achievable directives, a lot of loot, and the codes from the stream on top. And cheers to all those who'll get lucky to receive one of the several excellent ships in that list.

• Cool 2

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
2 posts
5,734 battles

Haha, how come, that Germany and Britain isnt an European country, as it's not counted in Directives one, Anniversaires Europe...   Please fix...  or make it "Italian only" or something..

Anyway, good job WG..  :-)

Players
2,106 posts
8,706 battles
1 hour ago, fnullas said:

Haha, how come, that Germany and Britain isnt an European country, as it's not counted in Directives one, Anniversaires Europe...   Please fix...  or make it "Italian only" or something..

Anyway, good job WG..  :-)

European branch is different than German, British, French, Italian etc.

[-GG-]
Players
306 posts
16,897 battles

There are missions for CVs meaning you want to encourage ppl to play CVSs ?

That's weird having in mind general opinion that CVs are OP .... so why nobody plays them ?

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles
50 minutes ago, radius77 said:

There are missions for CVs meaning you want to encourage ppl to play CVSs ?

That's weird having in mind general opinion that CVs are OP .... so why nobody plays them ?

In what universe do you live in where people don't play them? Is there room? How do I get there? Most of my matches have CV's, and my french dd's in particular  seem to be CV magnets to the point where I can't even remember the last time I had a non CV match in one. I really hate them and what they do to the gameplay. I find sticking to big AA ships the whole game boring. WG actually encouraging people to play this cancer when they should be removing the class outright is pretty short sighted to say the least. I can't even understand why people find their boring arcade style play fun, I can't do 2 in a row without falling asleep... they remove tactics and fun, especially if you god forbid like to dd..

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-GG-]
Players
306 posts
16,897 battles
26 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

In what universe do you live in where people don't play them? Is there room? How do I get there? Most of my matches have CV's, and my french dd's in particular  seem to be CV magnets to the point where I can't even remember the last time I had a non CV match in one. I really hate them and what they do to the gameplay. I find sticking to big AA ships the whole game boring. WG actually encouraging people to play this cancer when they should be removing the class outright is pretty short sighted to say the least. I can't even understand why people find their boring arcade style play fun, I can't do 2 in a row without falling asleep... they remove tactics and fun, especially if you god forbid like to dd..

Do you have premium account :Smile_trollface:

I do, and yesterday from 7 randoms (or so) I had CV maybe in 2 :cap_hmm: And also played Mogador - without CVs.

• Cool 1

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles

Yes, still have over 300 days left because I bought a year's worth last year and I keep dropping more from cw's / containers etc. Doubt prem has anything to do with it, just my crappy rng. One day I will meet rngjesus face to face.. and hit him in the face with a giant trout..

• Cool 1

[-FWS-]
[-FWS-]
Beta Tester
39 posts
12,961 battles
1 hour ago, radius77 said:

Hardly nobody. Most battles I have at least one CV working hard to make the battle miserable for everybody else. Sometimes two of them. 

But many players just refuse to play this class. For me its several reasons why I find CV (or better said planes) revolting.

- It is not a CV gameplay. You fly a bloody plane, not drive a CV. You dont even have a possibility to see the ship and enjoy the model. In a way, it is World of Warplanes made worse.

- It is so dead simple that it is boring really. Approach target, drop payload, repeat. Minimum aiming required since you "shoot" from point blank range. AA don't matter, you have plenty of spare panes for your next attack. Targets manoeuvring don't matter, ships cannot outmanoeuvre planes. Well, DDs can avoid torps, but against rockets they are just cannon fodder.

- No risk gameplay. Which class has most kill/death ratio? Pilot only risk losing some planes, but with recent changes so many of them are available, an losses to AA don't matter really.

Simple fact is that CV do not match the concept of gameplay WG created. WG failed repeatedly for last 4 years fixing this unsolvable problem, and they still dont recognise simple fact that CV is destroying the game. As long as Excel is more important than voice of majority of player base, situation will persist. But many people recognise that and refuse to play this class. Or leave the game altogether. WG don't care about them, because they already milked them empty. 

Unfortunately, I am forcing myself to play this thing from time to time. Hardly a pleasure, feel dirty every time, nevertheless I need to know my enemy, so then I know how to fight them at best.

And I do feel really bad when WG is forcing player base to fly those damn planes through stupid missions.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
8,425 posts
8,576 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

QFT

Been playing a bit more T4-7 lately to help people regrinding with research bureau...

Not only does it feel like playing hightiers (one team seems to camp in spawn / run away to mapborder) noooo, you also get 2-3 CVs per side basicly every game.

DDs hunting CVs? While it used to be a dumb tactic, it actually seems that you dont have an option anymore. The CV will just come for you ... again... and again... and again... so its either you or him. They wont let you do anything else. You cant cap, you cant torp, basicly cant play the game.

1 CV is no problem, especially if there are 3-4 DDs per game. But if there are 2 or even 3 CVs (so basicly as much CVs as DDs), its sure that atleast 1 will go to the caps which are getting lit up. But Cruisers suffer from this aswell, as their AA range sucks (AA sucks in general now) and they are spotted by planes all the time.

The ones who dont care? Our glorious masterrace BBs. Spotted? Who cares, only other masterrace ships can touch you anyway. CV attacking you? Only a minor inconvenience, but also have 5,8km AA range, which actually might do something.

They really are sucking the fun right out of the game. Imagine playing a board game with someone, and at some point he just keeps the dice for himself so you cant play anymore. Thats how playing with CVs feels like :cap_fainting:

Playing T8 is actually more enjoybale now (who would have thought id actually say that) since 1 CV per game is manageable.

• Cool 1

[R7S]
[R7S]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
254 posts
11,594 battles

Today 28/09 I do not see any mission for CV, how is that ?

Players
2,106 posts
8,706 battles

Still pushing the CVs as much as possible. It's ok, CVs are on my ignore list anyways but it just pokes my eyes to see all the 'goodies' focused toward CV play.

Sign in to follow this