Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Can we please fix the price for selling ships?

17 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,794 posts
4,422 battles

So our clan has the building that makes ships cheaper in credits... 

The situation right now is that the best way to ntc reset a ship line is to leave the clan, reset the line to sell the ships without discount for more cash, then join the clan again. 

Why is this even a thing? Can the discount please not affect sale price, it's just annoying. 

• Cool 7

[DC_DK]
Players
2,683 posts
27,525 battles

You want clan discounts when buying stuff and expect no nerf when selling stuff you bought with discount???

[-AP-]
Players
1,794 posts
4,422 battles
6 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

You want clan discounts when buying stuff and expect no nerf when selling stuff you bought with discount???

We aren't getting nerfs anyways... We just leave and rejoin the clan to get full price... 

It's just a pointless exercise really to require us to do that. 

[DC_DK]
Players
2,683 posts
27,525 battles

And do the forced delay for gaining any clan bonuses in the meantime

Players
656 posts
8,703 battles

I've actually pointed out this issue as soon as the naval base was first introduced, since it effectively means the bonus is only half of what its supposed to be for any ship that you don't keep. 

19 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Most obviously. You see, normally youd buy ships on discount and sell them off- discount (assuming you can get a discount). You'd never sell a ship on discount, cause you can just wait out temporary discounts. 
The clan bonus however simply means you only get half the bonus of whats advertised. 

Furthermore i think it's ridiculous that you don't get the full ship prize (in that case a discount would be justified) for resetting a line to begin with. Resetting a line is something vastly different than selling ships IMO. 
At least give players the option to "bank" those ships then, that is not sell the ships but instead get them for free again once reresearched

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,683 posts
27,525 battles
1 minute ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I've actually pointed out this issue as soon as the naval base was first introduced, since it effectively means the bonus is only half of what its supposed to be for any ship that you don't keep. 

Most obviously. You see, normally youd buy ships on discount and sell them off- discount (assuming you can get a discount). You'd never sell a ship on discount, cause you can just wait out temporary discounts. 
The clan bonus however simply means you only get half the bonus of whats advertised. 

Furthermore i think it's ridiculous that you don't get the full ship prize (in that case a discount would be justified) for resetting a line to begin with. Resetting a line is something vastly different than selling ships IMO. 
At least give players the option to "bank" those ships then, that is not sell the ships but instead get them for free again once reresearched

Don't think you got the credit sink mechanic in the research bureau. Think that this is fully intentional seen from WG's point of view.

Players
1,175 posts
9,273 battles

Yeah HUUUUGE credits loss. :Smile_facepalm: How much is it per line reset that you lose because of the clan discount. A few million? At the same time you get tons of flags and camos that boost your credit income like crazy and they can be stacked. Slapping some of the good flags -which you get for free all the time-, like wyvern and basilisk, on a high tier premium ship and a credit camo -which you also get for free- and you equal the lost credits within a few games if you don't suck too hard at the game - because you know, you also get credit bonus from your clan as well. Also nobody forces you to reset lines, you do this voluntarily because you want to get a -you guessed it- free premium ship.

Why do people always cherry pick the one negative thing and ignore the ten good things that make more than up for the one negative thingy?

[-AP-]
Players
1,794 posts
4,422 battles
8 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Why do people always cherry pick the one negative thing and ignore the ten good things that make more than up for the one negative thingy?

"there are some good things, so let's ignore all the bad ones and not fix them" sounds like a perfectly stable way to run something. 

The credit loss itself is fine, and I would be fine with it if there was no way of bypassing it. But there is a way to bypass it, which means that you gain by doing so, which means that it's for some reason awarded to hassle around with joining and leaving clans. 

It's a bad system, other things being good has nothing to do with this system being bad, and dont somehow make it a good system. 

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,526 posts
7,359 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, ThePurpleSmurf sagte:

Yeah HUUUUGE credits loss.

You know what I've heard there are some players that don't have a crap ton of silver in the bunker...

• Cool 1

Players
1,175 posts
9,273 battles
5 minutes ago, thiextar said:

"there are some good things, so let's ignore all the bad ones and not fix them" sounds like a perfectly stable way to run something. 

The credit loss itself is fine, and I would be fine with it if there was no way of bypassing it. But there is a way to bypass it, which means that you gain by doing so, which means that it's for some reason awarded to hassle around with joining and leaving clans. 

It's a bad system, other things being good has nothing to do with this system being bad, and dont somehow make it a good system. 

As mentioned above, leaving the clan also means no clan bonuses for days. While you bypass the system to not lose as many credits with a line reset, you lose more credits and XP/FXP/EXP for not having the clan bonus at the same time. The bypass is what 'special people' do because they can not do the math, this is how i see it. And if someone is so desperate for a few credits then they should rethink their existence.

[-AP-]
Players
1,794 posts
4,422 battles
1 minute ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

As mentioned above, leaving the clan also means no clan bonuses for days. While you bypass the system to not lose as many credits with a line reset, you lose more credits and XP/FXP/EXP for not having the clan bonus at the same time. The bypass is what 'special people' do because they can not do the math, this is how i see it. And if someone is so desperate for a few credits then they should rethink their existence.

You do realize that not everyone plays the game everyday, and thus will lose nothing on leaving. You do also realize that some players are extremely tapped for cash. 

I have no credit problems in this game, I'm sitting on 350m right now, but that's irrelevant to this topic

• Cool 1

Players
656 posts
8,703 battles
32 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Yeah HUUUUGE credits loss. :Smile_facepalm: How much is it per line reset that you lose because of the clan discount. A few million? At the same time you get tons of flags and camos that boost your credit income like crazy and they can be stacked. Slapping some of the good flags -which you get for free all the time-, like wyvern and basilisk, on a high tier premium ship and a credit camo -which you also get for free- and you equal the lost credits within a few games if you don't suck too hard at the game - because you know, you also get credit bonus from your clan as well. Also nobody forces you to reset lines, you do this voluntarily because you want to get a -you guessed it- free premium ship.

Resetting a single line would cost a whole lot. 
First of all, you have to rebuy a tier 10 ship while you sold it for half. 10M straight. 
If you had the tier 9, you sell that for 6.5, need to rebuy for 13, and can sell again for 6.5,  leaving you with no debt but your tier 9 is gone- or a 6.5M cost if you didnt have the tier 9 or wont sell it. 
Same principle for tier 8: 4.5M cost

tier 7: nearly 3M

tier 6: nearly 1.5M

tier 5: just over 500k
tier 4 and below is negligible

But in total thats over 26M to reset a single line. 
If you are in a clan the effect is compensated by up to 7.5%. 
If you reset a split line the effect below the split is lower, but for the high tiers the issue is still very much there. 

Very expensive hobby, you can easily say it will cost over 25M per line

Players
1,175 posts
9,273 battles
17 minutes ago, thiextar said:

You do realize that not everyone plays the game everyday, and thus will lose nothing on leaving. You do also realize that some players are extremely tapped for cash. 

I have no credit problems in this game, I'm sitting on 350m right now, but that's irrelevant to this topic

As WG said several times, the RB is for those who play this game for a long time and in a kinda excessive way. The line reset thing is meant to give these players a new goal because they have already everything that this game has to offer. So if a weekend player who plays this game for a year or so want to reset the lines because he is greedy for the free premium ship, then it's their own fault. The RB is not meant for those who are short on credits or those who have very limited time to regrind lines but the RB is a long term goal and credit sink for those who already have everything.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
741 posts

Also note that if you buy a ship from a discount event (which you should if credits mean anything to you) that is better or as good as the discount from the building (which they always are), the only thing you get from the building is the reduction to the selling price.

• Cool 1

Players
656 posts
8,703 battles

@MrConway any chance we could get an official statement on this issue? 
I have created a ticket about this issue two years ago, ID 104615230

But honestly, it cannot possibly be true that the building is meant to give a disadvantage in such way, especially in the specific case of the Research center. 

P.S. I hope you're okay with me tagging staff, not sure if thats allowed

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
2,694 posts
17,832 battles

Well in all honesty the amount we are talking about here is really not that large? I mean you will lose like what a 3-4 mil net silver on resetting one line? I would more like to have an automatic free module demount and full premium camo refund when you reset, that way you could truly RESET the line and regrind it from scratch, and then with gold in the wallet decide if you want the camos back or not, many of the ships were powercrept through the years or just are not that interesting to old players anymore and would be nice to be able to shift your interest somewhere else, I mean after the history of nerfbatting some of the T10 many will be cautious to invest more gold into the T10 permacamos again...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this