Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VanD4rk

0.8.8 seems a promising patch

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles

I think WG brings some fresh air with this patch. I can't believe I see Mass on doubloon sale :cap_look: and events with mid tier ships + shitload of Armory stuff.

Really nice patch from WG ! Enjoy it fellows and stop complaining all the time about the CVs ffs.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
1,846 posts
6,969 battles

No CV balancing. I wonder how long it will take for you guys to realize that we are back to rework release AA levels which everyone complained about so loudly 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,218 posts
7,366 battles
9 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

No CV balancing. I wonder how long it will take for you guys to realize that we are back to rework release AA levels which everyone complained about so loudly 

 

If CV levels would rise again, more people would complain. People complain on lowtiers tho with the Hosho clubbers :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,792 posts
4,418 battles
12 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

No CV balancing. I wonder how long it will take for you guys to realize that we are back to rework release AA levels which everyone complained about so loudly 

Consider me complaining ^^, its stupid that wargaming got away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WTFNO]
Players
411 posts
7,159 battles

Well, coupons for doubloon ships are a nice addition, but forcing premium ships from tech tree to armory is not (no specs, and +300 cost for port slot)

edit: to clarify, I meant that prices in the armory always include a port slot, thus making the ship 300 doubs more expensive than if you buy it from tech tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GOD-]
Players
1,079 posts
15,766 battles
10 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Well, coupons for doubloon ships are a nice addition, but forcing premium ships from tech tree to armory is not (no specs, and +300 cost for port slot)

I'm bleeding port slots out of my nose and ears. Are they hard to come by for more less frequent players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,218 posts
7,366 battles
15 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Well, coupons for doubloon ships are a nice addition, but forcing premium ships from tech tree to armory is not (no specs, and +300 cost for port slot)

Only buy them when they are on discount. Just not long ago you could get them for 150 (have seen even less)

Maybe they will be cheaper tomorrow? I expect some discounts aswell (maybe portslots/Modules/Premium consumables) and hopefully +200%? :cap_win:

 

4 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I'm bleeding port slots out of my nose and ears. Are they hard to come by for more less frequent players? 

 

Id say if you play for a longtime you can get them. And if you manage to grab some free doubloons along the way. Have almost 120 port slots but i did get many with doubloons (which i got 4 free :Smile-_tongue:)

If you dont play frequently, i think you miss out on them/possibility to buy them with doubloons. And you used to get them more often in Credit Containers, but i believe they removed them. Just last month got one from a failed TYL container, so they might be in there again? (or chances are really slim, not sure)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WTFNO]
Players
411 posts
7,159 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Only buy them when they are on discount. Just not long ago you could get them for 150 (have seen even less)

Maybe they will be cheaper tomorrow? I expect some discounts aswell (maybe portslots/Modules/Premium consumables) and hopefully +200%? :cap_win:

 

 

Id say if you play for a longtime you can get them. And if you manage to grab some free doubloons along the way. Have almost 120 port slots but i did get many with doubloons (which i got 4 free :Smile-_tongue:)

If you dont play frequently, i think you miss out on them/possibility to buy them with doubloons. And you used to get them more often in Credit Containers, but i believe they removed them. Just last month got one from a failed TYL container, so they might be in there again? (or chances are really slim, not sure)

8 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I'm bleeding port slots out of my nose and ears. Are they hard to come by for more less frequent players?

I realise I may not have been clear about the port slot ;-)

I meant that prices in the armory always include a port slot, thus making the ship 300 doubs more expensive than if you buy it from tech tree

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles
34 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Well, coupons for doubloon ships are a nice addition, but forcing premium ships from tech tree to armory is not (no specs, and +300 cost for port slot)

edit: to clarify, I meant that prices in the armory always include a port slot, thus making the ship 300 doubs more expensive than if you buy it from tech tree

Yea unfortunetly you pay always full price for a slot when you buy from armory, but still I prefer to pay +300 db for a ship that I really want than not having the option to buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,218 posts
7,366 battles

I think the worst apart about moving ships to the armor is, that you cant see the armor anymore in port like you can if they are in the techtree! Seems kinda mandatory to install a mod so you can see all ships in Techtree if you want to learn about armor and stuff which... clutters your techtree? :cap_haloween:

WG just dumb :Smile_amazed:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,174 posts
9,253 battles
46 minutes ago, Europizza said:

I'm bleeding port slots out of my nose and ears. Are they hard to come by for more less frequent players?

I play since more than 3 years and have never bought a single port slot. I have about 70-80 ships in port and 30ish vacant port slots. Some port slots came from supercontainer, some from normal containers and most of the free ones came from the ARP ships which i sold because crappy and inferior weeb ships except ARP Takao. Though, i haven't got a single port slot in maybe a year, so they probably tuned down the chance to get slots from container and other sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
254 posts
6,972 battles
3 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

I play since more than 3 years and have never bought a single port slot. I have about 70-80 ships in port and 30ish vacant port slots. Some port slots came from supercontainer, some from normal containers and most of the free ones came from the ARP ships which i sold because crappy and inferior weeb ships except ARP Takao. Though, i haven't got a single port slot in maybe a year, so they probably tuned down the chance to get slots from container and other sources.

Only ever had one container with port slots, so yeah, looks like chance was dialed down a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GOD-]
Players
1,079 posts
15,766 battles
58 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

I realise I may not have been clear about the port slot ;-)

I meant that prices in the armory always include a port slot, thus making the ship 300 doubs more expensive than if you buy it from tech tree

Ow. Wtf. Bastages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
818 posts
12,931 battles
1 hour ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

No CV balancing. I wonder how long it will take for you guys to realize that we are back to rework release AA levels which everyone complained about so loudly 

 

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

If CV levels would rise again, more people would complain. People complain on lowtiers tho with the Hosho clubbers :Smile_smile:

 

You forgot one thing, they are working on submarines at the moment. They couldnt handle CV rework, so they dumped it, went to screw something else in hopes everyone will forget them.

 

2 hours ago, VanD4rk said:

I think WG brings some fresh air with this patch.

Oh yeah, fresh patch with more copy/pasta TX premiums, same reward system like 2 years ago, same grinding as for the last branch relieces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles
55 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think the worst apart about moving ships to the armor is, that you cant see the armor anymore in port like you can if they are in the techtree! Seems kinda mandatory to install a mod so you can see all ships in Techtree if you want to learn about armor and stuff which... clutters your techtree?

This is the biggest problem I have when I look at a Armory ship.  I have to watch some 3rd party review to see the armor.

They should let us see the armor layout like in the tech tree so we should now if the scheme is suitable for individual playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,673 posts
27,474 battles
12 minutes ago, VanD4rk said:

This is the biggest problem I have when I look at a Armory ship.  I have to watch some 3rd party review to see the armor.

They should let us see the armor layout like in the tech tree so we should now if the scheme is suitable for individual playstyle.

Just install the "All ships in tree" mod from the modstation. It will show all ships in game and their armour profile.

 

shot-19_09.16_12_44.18-0337.thumb.jpg.c2d61bac607abfa7da98622d54f593dc.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Just install the "All ships in tree" mod from the modstation. It will show all ships in game and their armour profile.

I use modstation but I skipped this one. Gonna use it from now on. Thank you for info !

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
149 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, VanD4rk sagte:

Really nice patch from WG !

Yeah judging by the PTS, they made a fairly complete pig's ear of the new audio that nobody asked for. Impossible to get a good mix, for example because BB guns seemed to be  A LOT louder than DD guns while they don't get a separate slider in the audio controls change a few patches back that nobody asked for.

 

But even those sound groups that get discrete sliders, don't get test buttons, so even those are super hard to balance.

 

And I even liked a lot of the new sounds. But it seems Wargaming is just refusing to do their job, which is to create a good sound mix, and instead push it on the players, but without giving them the necessary tools.

 

(And will there finally be a Demount-All-Signals button this time around? Or better T VIII MM? I'll hold this here football for you, Charlie Brown...)

 

Vor 4 Stunden, thiextar sagte:

Consider me complaining ^^, its stupid that wargaming got away with it.

Yeah well complaining is the whole extent of what the player base ever does. Players never do anything effective beyond complaining, like organising. Why should WG give a damn as long as there is no organised protest? Wargaming obviously can easily weather the constant low level shitstorm, they have done it with WoT artillery for years. Even the odd massive shitstorm like the one over the NTC just peters out after a week and that's it. (If that actually was genuine and not artificially generated outrage.)

 

And in contrast to the saturated-market myth, WoWS even seems to be having lots of new players still marching in. Those keep buying old products, creating great revenue, while it takes them a long time to realize how the CVs screw them over because they don't know any better.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles
24 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

But even those sound groups that get discrete sliders, don't get test buttons, so even those are super hard to balance.

You should give this idea to WG in case you did not in the dedicated thread.

 

25 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

And will there finally be a Demount-All-Signals button this time around? Or better T VIII MM? I'll hold this here football for you, Charlie Brown...

In case you did not use it, there is a new mod in the official Modstation that do this for 1 ship at a time. Too bad WG has not done it for all ships and for single ships before this mod.

 

As for the complaining, I think everyone has his own ideas of how a game should work and if the development does not go in that way people will complain.

I was about to quit when the first NTC was announced, I also hate the NTC v2 but at least there are no battle advantages. But many of the people here are willing to regrind and thats why version 2 got into live so it was not a single vision like it was in the first NTC.

Same is with the CV rework: there are people who actually like to play CVs (maybe there are CV mains and they will quit if their heart class will be useless) and people who dont like CVs ( there are extreme cases of hate with passion against CVs; Ex. DDivas always hate CVs no matter what). 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
149 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, VanD4rk sagte:

You should give this idea to WG in case you did not in the dedicated thread.

Dude, I and others gave them that idea here on this very forum dozens of times in all manner of threads.

 

Things like the demount-all-signals button, that a modder finally implemented in the last Aslain pack, were reqeuested literally hundreds of times, for years.

 

This company is four years behind with even just keeping their own game manual up to date.

Zitat

Same is with the CV rework: there are people who actually like to play CVs

 

14%.

 

Poll after poll shows that same kind of approval rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles
4 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

14%.

 

Poll after poll shows that same kind of approval rating.

A poll on this forum represents a couple of hundred persons. Extremely small number regarding the playerbase. 

Even so, are you entitled to nerf the CVs to the ground just because you are a surface ship and make the class less attractive to those "14%" and make them quit resulting in a less diverse gameplay ? I would say no for that !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
244 posts
6,153 battles

Im a little bit angry with 1 thing with this patch....They gonna remowe conqueror 457mm gun variant -.- for the love of god...another ship follows yueyang.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
149 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, VanD4rk sagte:

A poll on this forum represents a couple of hundred persons.

There have also been streamer polls with several thousands of participants.

 

Seriously, if you ask people to stop complaining, you should at least be up to speed with the state of the debate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
173 posts
6,047 battles
7 minutes ago, SlightlyOff said:

There have also been streamer polls with several thousands of participants.

Streamers ?? :cap_haloween: I don't watch those.

Dude, you are free to complain about anything related to this game, and if CVs is something that is bothering you, there is a special thread on this forum + Reddit ( the Heaven of DDivas who will agree with you every nerf possible of the CV).

Here I just point that this anniversary patch, for me it is good and I will enjoy it, and if other people found something nice/bad about it just post it out so others can value the info !

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×