You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Am I reading this right - there will no longer be "blanket" discounts for "Premium" ships in game for Doubloons - only 25% OFF coupon will be available from time to time in "Armory"?

9 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,395 posts
15,329 battles

Hi all,

Am I reading this right - there will no longer be "blanket" discounts for "Premium" ships in game for Doubloons - only 25% OFF coupon will be available from time to time in "Armory"?

BTW, last "Summer Sale" didn't include any discount for "Premium" ships in game for Doubloons... it looks like it is apparent why this happened...

Leo "Apolo11"

P.S.

Reddit thread:

"Am I reading this right - there will no longer be "blanket" discounts for "Premium" ships in game for Doubloons - only 25% OFF coupon will be available from time to time in "Armory"?"

Players
984 posts
11,498 battles

Useful stuff, looping a reddit and forum thread without actually including the article you're referring to. 

let me do that for you: 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-088-fourth-anniversary/

Specifically: 

"A new 25% discount coupon will be added to the Armory. This coupon can be applied to ships available for doubloons, and will work exactly like any other coupons in the game. Please note: you can use the coupon in the Armory only—it cannot be applied to any of the ships in the Tech Tree. "

Now, this is specifically for the Anniversary event. What it means is you get a one-time-use 25% off coupon, which won't be refreshed, renewed or whatever. It does open the way to more of such things in future, but for now it is just 1 coupon- so use it wisely. 

This also does not at all mean that either blanket discounts or event related discounts (such as US premium discount around independence day) are off the table now. They might be, they have become less frequent anyway, but it is definitely not stated in the article and i do not expect them to be gone. 

Grtz I_Y

• Cool 4

[WTFNO]
Players
561 posts
9,585 battles
47 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Now, this is specifically for the Anniversary event. What it means is you get a one-time-use 25% off coupon, which won't be refreshed, renewed or whatever. It does open the way to more of such things in future, but for now it is just 1 coupon- so use it wisely.

It does not seem to say so, or did I miss it ? I see no information on the [absence of] renewal of this new coupon.

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,958 battles

Do you not love the precise information given by WG about everything?

It is safer to assume that it is one of coupon, as it is unclear.

They will not survive black friday if they will stop doing reduction of prices when they are expected.

Players
984 posts
11,498 battles
4 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

It does not seem to say so, or did I miss it ? I see no information on the [absence of] renewal of this new coupon.

No, it didnt litterally say that you either only get 1 coupon or that it refreshes, but trust me: it's a one time thing. This is for the anniversary event. 
Bit of context reading. 

Thats why i included the article link and not only the quote, in the article it becomes pretty clear that the coupon is a one time use. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,395 posts
15,329 battles

Hi all,

47 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

"A new 25% discount coupon will be added to the Armory. This coupon can be applied to ships available for doubloons, and will work exactly like any other coupons in the game. Please note: you can use the coupon in the Armory only—it cannot be applied to any of the ships in the Tech Tree. "

This also does not at all mean that either blanket discounts or event related discounts (such as US premium discount around independence day) are off the table now. They might be, they have become less frequent anyway, but it is definitely not stated in the article and i do not expect them to be gone. 

Grtz I_Y

It was very strangely worded... and we didn't get any Doubloon discounts with "Summer Sale" (which happened in previous seasons)... so... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,395 posts
15,329 battles

Hi all,

20 hours ago, FukushuNL said:

Does the discount coupon has an expiring date?

It has... 6 months... it looks like reoccurring coupon... :Smile_hiding:

dHBByAR.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
736 posts
6,724 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

It has... 6 months... it looks like reoccurring coupon... :Smile_hiding:

dHBByAR.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

Ah, nice. Thanks, Leo :) Nice addition imo.