You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nufessa

Best T5 AA silver ship

15 comments in this topic

[_IRN_]
Players
86 posts
2,841 battles

So I was wondering which ship is the best, regarding AA, in T5, i'm talking about silver ships. Since I'm not used to the new AA system and I don't trust in game stats anymore. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

It used to be Texas iirc.... then it got nerved I'm told, but that's not silver. Either way, Hosho is broken AF so 'good AA' or 'mediocre AA' won't be making any difference there. 

Anyway, I think our NA brethren said it's Kirov -> https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173539-secret-aa-monster-of-tier-5/

• Cool 1

[_IRN_]
Players
86 posts
2,841 battles
3 minuti fa, OldPappy ha scritto:

Us cruisers should be good

If I remember correctly US cruisers don't have defensive AA until tier 6, that's a little weird tho

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,200 posts
7,618 battles
13 minutes ago, Nufessa said:

So I was wondering which ship is the best, regarding AA, in T5, i'm talking about silver ships. Since I'm not used to the new AA system and I don't trust in game stats anymore. 

Currently the T5 Ship with the Biggest AA is likely the German T5 Battleship König.

Its got Decent DPS for a T5 Battleship.

But more Importandly. It has 4 Flak Bursts by Default. With the Flak Module Mounted you get 6 Flak Bursts every 1.35 Seconds.

Which on Tier 5 is Really alot of AA Power.

Most other Ships at this Tier including the Kirov only have 1 or 2 Flak Bursts by Default. Thus even with Flak Module only getting 4 Flak Bursts.

And most other Ships only get Flak Bursts every 1.51 Seconds. Making them less Lethal as well.

Players
9,813 posts
11,484 battles
15 minutes ago, OldPappy said:

Us cruisers should be good

USN cruisers definitely do NOT check "good AA" until tier 7 and even then difference in AA was reduced. You will be bombed anyway

20 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

It used to be Texas iirc.... then it got nerved I'm told, but that's not silver. Either way, Hosho is broken AF so 'good AA' or 'mediocre AA' won't be making any difference there. 

Anyway, I think our NA brethren said it's Kirov -> https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173539-secret-aa-monster-of-tier-5/

That was when carriers had direct control over their hulls:Smile_smile:

[FLYD]
Players
1,350 posts
13,058 battles

New York has a good AA Suite Koenig is okay too. Other than that Omaha is not that strong AA wise. emerald is not to bad.

Nicolas comes with DEF AA so she is stronkh....

Did i miss any? don't think so.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

That was when carriers had direct control over their hulls:Smile_smile:

Damn should have checked the thread date :Smile_hiding:

Anyway, most important part is here ->

2 hours ago, Panocek said:

You will be bombed anyway

Beta Tester
1,407 posts
16,878 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, Nufessa sagte:

And the winner is..... Gangut!

Why? Good that you ask. While König has better flak bursts a good CV will work around this. König is also strong in long range AA with some 74dps but she lacks a lot in mid range AA compared to Gangut.

Gangut has an as$whoping 264 dps (König has 154dps) and can have up to 5 flak burts for 980 dmg. Unrivaled at that tier.

For cruisers it might be Emile Bertin, but Omaha and Kirov are almost same class. For DDs looks like the T-22 is actually formidable but when Nicholas uses her Def AA she surpasses her for some 40 secs. Ognevoi should also be mentioned.

• Cool 1

Players
149 posts

If the in-game AA Defense rating is anything to go by these days, the best T5 AA ships are

König - 51

Texas - 50

Kirov - 48

Iron Duke - 46

Bretagne - 46.

C-Hull Omaha is way down at 27 and Marblehead is a lot worse at 11.

(I'm talking about the number you see in the right hand side field of Ship Parameters.)

shot-19.09.16_20.32.08-0478.jpg

[JRM]
Players
6,241 posts
24,081 battles

Those numbers mean little, you need to look at the damage per zone and chance to hit of the auras, as well as the number of flak bursts...

From top of my head I guess you should take a look at Konig, Pyotr, Emile and Kirov

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles

Iron Duck might be worth a look at as well.