Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Puffin_

What Camo should I use on T10 ships?

9 comments in this topic

[HAMAR]
Players
355 posts

I am not grinding up the line anymore so Camo with high XP are a waste to use right?

Camo with -% service cost and +% credits per battle are great but I have weary few of those.

And then there is Perma Camo for 5000 dublons.  Is that the best choice? It's rather expensive

How do you spec your T10 ships regarding Camo and Signals  ( talking about credits. )

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,844 posts
11,627 battles

I usually use high captain xp camos combined with captain xp flags or high free xp camos combined with free xp flags.

I only use credit camos on premium t8 and t9 ships.

If you play half decent you wont lose credits anyways.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,462 posts
13,485 battles
3 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

How do you spec your T10 ships regarding Camo and Signals  ( talking about credits. )

I run permaflage on all my T10s so far - although it's expensive, it effectively turns them into premiums as far as earning is concerned (a couple of them are amongst my best earners).

If one spends money on the game, there are far worse things to focus one's spend on.

Signals vary, depending on my aims at a given moment: if I'm in a competitive mode, I'll take majority combat signals, topped off with a few economic ones. High xp ones aren't necessarily a waste though: I have 19 point captains on a couple of them, so extra xp signals etc. are always useful, as they boost my other captains (via elite xp). Better players (not me) can probably manage with fewer combat flags in randoms, and focus more on economic ones.

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
19 minutes ago, Puffin_ said:

I am not grinding up the line anymore so Camo with high XP are a waste to use right?

on the contrary - T10s are the best place to use high XP camos because they're generally the best ships to farm elite captain XP with (at least assuming you know how to handle them - if you dont, lower tier will net better results through better performance)

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
9,610 posts
8,867 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

on the contrary - T10s are the best place to use high XP camos because they're generally the best ships to farm elite captain XP with

Sadly, many people think %XP doesnt give you more Captain XP... :cap_old:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
11,915 battles
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Sadly, many people think %XP doesnt give you more Captain XP... :cap_old:

I  always thought that more XP boost results in better XP all around - captain and free XP included.

If I'm chasing more free XP I still have those Euroboss(?) flags.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

After the Yue Yang nerf hammer I totally stopped buying T10 perma cammo's. Learned my lesson: no use spending hard earned RL cash on ships bound to be nerfed to the ground. I'd recommend credit cammo as much as possible if you're short on credits. Xp cammo if your captain still needs training. Otherwise just take the basic cammo. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,610 posts
8,867 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

I  always thought that more XP boost results in better XP all around - captain and free XP included.

If I'm chasing more free XP I still have those Euroboss(?) flags.

For some reason, XP bonus doesnt get added towards FreeXP, and i believe it used to be that way? Not too long ago, i tried to convince someone to use ESCL flags because why not - its the same amount of Captain XP like Zulu Hotel.

Here screenshot to show it

image.png.3212072e39832cd29f8609ac2329cfc8.png

FreeXP only Base * modifiers. Nothing else in there.

For captain XP, it looks like this however

image.png.fc64fbba611a3b16de84fa877ec01f76.png

As it says "Ships Bonuses" 12541 its the amount of normal XP modifiers.

[THESO]
Players
1,122 posts
15,319 battles
7 hours ago, Puffin_ said:

Camo with -% service cost and +% credits per battle are great but I have weary few of those.

And then there is Perma Camo for 5000 dublons.  Is that the best choice? It's rather expensive

If you wanna know about credit-multipliers. I often used the "Blue Lagoon" (-10% cost; +10% earnings) and especially the "For meritorious service" (-50% cost; +50% all other). Service cost is high at T10, so each camo that has less cost is a good thing. That is purely credit-wise.

You however forget one thing: Even T10 ships can be fabulous XP earners. That by implication means, they are also great CXP and FXP earners, as both are based on the XP you earned. So stacking FXP and CXP boni by using XP flags and bonusses from the camo is crucial. While it is true that you cannot use the XP anymore as there is nothing to grind and converting XP is currently too expensive, you will get a lot of CXP and FXP and both currencies are quite valuable and harder to earn on lower tiers.

That said, you should restrict your good camos and flags to those ships you do exceptionally well in. A T10-ship at an average 1000 XP is nothing to waste good camos and flags on. You should play a couple of battles, maybe even dozens, to find out, which ships shine for you and that is where to put the good flags. The other ships you just play to get better.

Also look beyond the perspective of a single battle. A Zulu flag, or other credits multipliers might seem to make sense, as you want to counter the cost of a T10-battle, if you just look at one battle. If you however have a T9-premium ship in port, it is much smarter to use those credit multipliers on that T9-ship and earn your credits there to then accept low earnings or even losses on a T10 ship. One battle in a T9-premium-ship can make up for 5 battles in a T10 and you only use the flags once. You can ofc use as many flags and camos as you like on any T10, as long as you earn them back by doing missions or getting medals.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this