You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.8: Fourth Anniversary!

123 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
2,476 posts
12,487 battles

some of my clan mates have had the automatic rewards for ships they have reset in the research bureau, but i haven't had anything yet...

[HPK]
Players
47 posts

Geez! What on earth went through your heads when you made those hideous engine sounds?!

After playing for a bit I have to say the DD sounds are awful, the tier 8's sound like some old factory steam engine, the tier 9 and 10 DD's sounds like a short recording of an old factory sewing machine that run in a loop, the kind that had a foot pedal to drive it. Some cruisers sound okay, while others are awful and sound like something that doesn't remind me of a ship.

I would recommend changing the engine sounds to something that does actually sound like ships and that doesn't have a sharp repeating sound that give people a headache.

As for the gun sounds, the sounds themselves are nice, but I hate that I have to change the gunfire volume up and down depending on what ship I play. The difference between DD and BB in volume is insane and when I play BB the sound of the gunfire is so loud that I can't hear when my friends say on discord. My advice is to keep the volume on the various ships close, but change the sounds so they are sharper on the small guns and have much more base on the big guns.

Reason for my edit is simply that after playing a while I discovered other things about the sound that I didn't like, for a time I was actually thinking of just quitting, because I got tired of adjusting the volume up and down on the engine and gunfire, I just couldn't find a middle ground.

• Funny 1

[PAPAT]
[PAPAT]
Players
3 posts
11,066 battles
3 hours ago, Salentine said:

some of my clan mates have had the automatic rewards for ships they have reset in the research bureau, but i haven't had anything yet...

same here

1 who still had reset branch in progress got rewards from reset branches

and 2 of us who have already got back to T10 after resets didn't get any rewards. 

[PAPAT]
Beta Tester
15 posts
14,975 battles
12 minutes ago, MacMoulinex said:

same here

1 who still had reset branch in progress got rewards from reset branches

and 2 of us who have already got back to T10 after resets didn't get any rewards. 

and i make ticket to support and here is answer:

Hello GONA,

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Player Support.

Prizes are given while you are unlocking the line again. Here you can find milestones and prizes: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

I wish you good luck on the battlefield!

In case of any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards, Marek Kreca

this  is quote wg news regarding 0.8.8 update 

"If you have used the Research Bureau and reset a branch of ships prior to Update 0.8.8 going live, you will receive the Anniversary Victory Bonuses for all Tier V–X ships of that branch automatically. Moreover, any ships of the reset branch that you buy back can bring you Anniversary Victory Bonuses once again in accordance with the general rules of the event."

[PAPAT]
[PAPAT]
Players
3 posts
11,066 battles
28 minutes ago, GONA said:

and i make ticket to support and here is answer:

Hello GONA,

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Player Support.

Prizes are given while you are unlocking the line again. Here you can find milestones and prizes: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

I wish you good luck on the battlefield!

In case of any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards, Marek Kreca

I got this answer from support

"Hello MacMoulinex,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

Since the new patch is so fresh, it might take some time for these rewards to be delivered. Give it a few days and they will arrive, hopefully in less than a week. If after some time you're still not receiving anything contact with us again and we will take another look at it.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Wish you good luck in your battles and have a nice day.
Kind regards, Marina Balsa"

• Cool 1

[PAPAT]
Beta Tester
15 posts
14,975 battles
10 minutes ago, MacMoulinex said:

I got this answer from support

"Hello MacMoulinex,

Since the new patch is so fresh, it might take some time for these rewards to be delivered. Give it a few days and they will arrive, hopefully in less than a week. If after some time you're still not receiving anything contact with us again and we will take another look at it.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Wish you good luck in your battles and have a nice day.
Kind regards,"

second answer for support 

Hello GONA,

I invite you to check this link and all the related information on this subject and in general all the general changes of patch 0.8.8. 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-088-fourth-anniversary/

Kind regards, Elizabeth Evans

[PAPAT]
Beta Tester
15 posts
14,975 battles

and another answer for support  and im   not john

Dear JohnAI1967,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support
Rules of resetting
You must have researched a Tier X ship in the branch you intend to reset. However, the actual ships of this branch do not have to be purchased and in your Port.
A branch that’s reset will be completely rolled back to the Tier I ship.
If you’ve researched the British cruiser branch up to  X Minotaur, upon resetting the branch, all cruisers starting from  I Black Swan will have to be researched once again.
If, for example, a branch has parallel lines that reach Tier X, such as the Soviet destroyer branch, you can choose which of the lines to reset. If you decide to reset the branch of Soviet destroyers starting from  X Grozovoi, it will be reset to  VII Minsk, then to  II Storozhevoi, and then cruiser  II Novik. At the same time, you'll be able to reset the second branch from  X Khabarovsk on the same principle, but in this case, bonuses will be received only by  X Khabarovsk,  IX Tashkent, and  VIII Kiev.
When a branch is reset, any research performed on it will be reversed, and the ships and modules will be sold for half their cost.
Upgrades will be demounted free of charge and transferred to your Inventory, Commanders will be sent to the Reserve without losing their specialization, and all XP earned will be transferred to the first ship of the branch.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!

Kind regards Halit Baytar

[PAPAT]
Beta Tester
15 posts
14,975 battles

finally someone read my question

THANK YOU MARISSA BALSA

Hello GONA,

Kind regards,Marina Balsa

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,313 posts
1,653 battles
2 hours ago, GONA said:

and another answer for support  and im   not john

Dear JohnAI1967,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support
Rules of resetting
You must have researched a Tier X ship in the branch you intend to reset. However, the actual ships of this branch do not have to be purchased and in your Port.
A branch that’s reset will be completely rolled back to the Tier I ship.
If you’ve researched the British cruiser branch up to  X Minotaur, upon resetting the branch, all cruisers starting from  I Black Swan will have to be researched once again.
If, for example, a branch has parallel lines that reach Tier X, such as the Soviet destroyer branch, you can choose which of the lines to reset. If you decide to reset the branch of Soviet destroyers starting from  X Grozovoi, it will be reset to  VII Minsk, then to  II Storozhevoi, and then cruiser  II Novik. At the same time, you'll be able to reset the second branch from  X Khabarovsk on the same principle, but in this case, bonuses will be received only by  X Khabarovsk,  IX Tashkent, and  VIII Kiev.
When a branch is reset, any research performed on it will be reversed, and the ships and modules will be sold for half their cost.
Upgrades will be demounted free of charge and transferred to your Inventory, Commanders will be sent to the Reserve without losing their specialization, and all XP earned will be transferred to the first ship of the branch.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!

Kind regards Halit Baytar

I am sorry for this reply. We will do our best to ensure that this won't happen again.

[TROLL]
[TROLL]
Players
13 posts
4,698 battles

Happy Birthday WG

Now one thing .. That I have been waiting for. Where is my Salty Overlord o Mighty Jingles?.

Wasn't he to be in this patch also?.

I believe someone did say that under last Gamescom.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,790 posts
11,375 battles
Just now, FluggerNO said:

Wasn't he to be in this patch also?.

I believe someone did say that under last Gamescom.

There were some problems and re-recordings I read - should be in 8.9 now.

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
347 posts
11,128 battles

Happy birthday!

I do have a question.

If i reset a line what happens to the Tier X legendary upgrade? Do i have to start over again when i reach Tier X or do i keep my current progress?

Beta Tester
52 posts
14,817 battles

What on earth has happened to the sound

Can barely hear the captain no matter what level

Hits on ship shake my room

Cant Hear AA or enemy planes

Can barely hear any notifications no matter the level

CAN NOT HEAR GUNS RELOADING, this one is a right pain, looking down at guns to see if they are reloaded is costly

Gun sounds are loud

Engines and sea sound cheap and chatty

playing with the different levels makes no difference at all.

I am aware that people dont like change but this is ridiculous, the old sounds were fantastic and well balanced.

please tell me you are aware of this.

• Cool 1

Players
438 posts

What about the "For meritorius service" cammos? The last year we got a pack of them for each year. Now i got only one pack of those cammos.

Is that as suposed to be or its something wrong with those cammos?

If not how many "For meritorius service" cammos should we get for four years of gamming?

[BUSHI]
Players
7 posts
6,928 battles

Has anyone tested sound update and said It's ok to go live?!!! What a joke! Some sounds are missing, some sound like turd! No surprise there are memes about it on Reddit!

Players
384 posts
On 9/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, Fesvil said:

Reading through the dissatisfied users I am amazed by the audacity and greed of some:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯          ...first world problems...         ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

FWP_cookietoobig.jpg.032c98f5b91abd093634adcce864a1c1.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

[T-F-K]
Players
24 posts
12,489 battles

Happy Birthday WoWs! 

Guys, can we expect doubloon discounts on premium ships like we had before, or it will be replaced by this 25% off vouchers?

[GURKA]
Players
2 posts
18,288 battles

Last dev block about Ohio was 27.5 sec reload.  In game right now the reload is 30 sec. Will you fix it? Because I feel cheated. 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,924 posts
18 hours ago, MS_Surface said:

If i reset a line what happens to the Tier X legendary upgrade? Do i have to start over again when i reach Tier X or do i keep my current progress?

You'll keep your progress and the module in you inventory.

31 minutes ago, The_Cook said:

Last dev block about Ohio was 27.5 sec reload.  In game right now the reload is 30 sec. Will you fix it? Because I feel cheated. 

That's an error. The Dev blog info is correct. It will be adjusted soon.