You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.8: Fourth Anniversary!

123 comments in this topic

Players
255 posts
13,825 battles

If you have used the Research Bureau and reset a branch of ships prior to Update 0.8.8 going live, you will receive the Anniversary Victory Bonuses for all Tier V–X ships of that branch automatically. Moreover, any ships of the reset branch that you buy back can bring you Anniversary Victory Bonuses once again in accordance with the general rules of the event.

Everyone is equal, but there are more equals... as usual..

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
149 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, pfcremus sagte:

no discounts for ships? 

Yeah, will there be a credit discount for tech tree ships?

It is a legit question since people have unlocked  T Xs they haven't bought yet, for lack of credits or in anticipation of the next discount, maybe sold lower Tier ships they now consider rebuying... you just need the info to plan ahead and maximise the container yield.

• Cool 2

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
83 posts
13,878 battles

HI

a question about CLAN BRAWLevent. Can a clan only have one team playing at a time or can multiple teams get into the battle queue. If we have 12 clan people wanting to play are we limited to 3 at a time?

Thanks and happy birthday!

Parkerzilla

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,007 posts
Just now, nurtacmc said:

thıs year ? 

gifts for nearly all ships...

29 minutes ago, Parkerzilla said:

a question about CLAN BRAWLevent. Can a clan only have one team playing at a time or can multiple teams get into the battle queue. If we have 12 clan people wanting to play are we limited to 3 at a time?

I guess the former rules are still valid:

• Any number of teams from a single Clan can fight in a Brawl if the composition of the teams meets the listed conditions.
  • Only victories are counted for the Rating.
  • Since only victories are counted, and defeats aren't taken into account, there’s no option to select Alpha or Bravo Ratings in the Clan Brawl.
  • The matchmaker matches teams with similar numbers of victories.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,454 posts
37,458 battles

Happy Birthday WG and WOWs staff. You have created a great game and best wishes for the future :cap_horn: And thank you for all the generous gifts I am about to recieve! :cat_cool::Smile_great::Smile_honoring::crab:

• Cool 7

[N0RSE]
Players
169 posts
9,341 battles

Reading through the dissatisfied users I am amazed by the audacity and greed of some:

"What about a reward for every 1000 battle played?" : As players have written before: There's a reward for every ship you own, after having played nearly 15k ships I suppose that user has all ships in the game where as others do not???

"What about discounts on ships and other items" : They are often enough, and to maximize your "container potential".. Just play the game.. jeeze... 

"Aww Conq is losing the guns less than 1% is using (guestimate as I've yet to see 1 single conq being played with those) and making a bit of a different ship available for coal..." Well you get overly compensated, by getting the stock for free if you've sold them.

Basically there's few valid questions in here.. Clan brawl is one, Jingles as a commander is one, how the research bureau  works in all of this another.. 

It's their birthday, suppose you go to birthday parties and complain about them not having that super special cake that nobody likes except you and makes a huge scene of it..

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[CCS]
Players
43 posts
7,857 battles

Happy anniversary, Wargaming and fellow players.

Thank you for a fantastic gaming experience.  Long may it continue.

• Cool 2

[F-R-M]
Beta Tester
96 posts
3,102 battles

Thunderer really should have a free XP option imho not just because of the over saturation of coal ships lately but also as its kinda a douche move to take it off the tech tree and then sell it for that much.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
18 minutes ago, Fesvil said:

"What about a reward for every 1000 battle played?"

They used to do that for the previous 3 years, so it's really a valid question though.

• Cool 1

[X13]
[X13]
Players
4 posts
6,425 battles

@Crysantos

Thanks for letting us buy containers for more collections in update 0.8.8. Great, well done :-)

But please also let us buy containers for the Belle Époque collection in the Armory or remove (all the unfinished collections) from our collections in ‘Profile’ > ‘Collections’. Please, yes? :-)

Players
149 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, Fesvil sagte:

It's their birthday,

Reading through the well-wishers' postings, I am amazed by the naiveté of some:

It's a BUSINESS.

It's people's JOBS.

It's a MARKETING INITIATIVE.

It is NOT a person and it is not a person's birthday.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,848 battles

F*ck I spent my coal and voucher on the Jean Bart 3 weeks ago :Smile_sad:

I would have saved for the Thunderer had I known it would be for coal

[ROPS]
Players
90 posts
6,195 battles
11 hours ago, PiXiE93 said:

Cmon.. I am toxic and cheeky.. but you got free super containers and gift containers.. and 25% coupon for dubloon ships... 

Give them couple of days till they anounce something new that we arent satisfied so we can be rude about that, at least for this give them applause and cheer, at least congratulate them on their B-DAY :)

:cat_cool: :crab:

i want to buy a ship on another account :Smile_amazed:

Players
792 posts
11,186 battles
1 hour ago, Munchboii said:

F*ck I spent my coal and voucher on the Jean Bart 3 weeks ago :Smile_sad:

I would have saved for the Thunderer had I known it would be for coal

Yes, shame they didn't announce the currency in advance. Unlike for Friesland, Smolensk, and Somers! I thought that was a good precedent that had been set.

Players
384 posts
2 hours ago, SlightlyOff said:

Reading through the well-wishers' postings, I am amazed by the naiveté of some:

It's a BUSINESS.

It's people's JOBS.

It's a MARKETING INITIATIVE.

It is NOT a person and it is not a person's birthday.

Should you be convinced that being nice to one another excludes being fully aware of those facts while still deciding freely/rationally - and acting accordingly... you might be really missing out on something.

Sure, people are people, so what you wrote is probably true for somebody. But... there's a genuinely positive and utterly enjoyable flip side to that exhaustively bastardized movie quote "it's nothing personal - it's just business".

Contrary to the usual context someone quotes that in - it  also works the other way around.Whatever one decides rationally, maybe even harshly regarding the business part of an encounter/a relationship... that's only business.

And then there's the, imo, truly important part of life: that's the personal side... just being (a) human. This is not a mafia movie, we're living in. All of us are here of our free will, after all. (Which is ultimately true even for the staff 'present').

So why shouldn't there be room to pick up on the occasion and enjoy one self and one another as well? Being jolly for the lolz isn't the same as being naive. Just like being friendly has nothing to with being weak. So why should being aware of the rational aspects of reality exclude one from still having a ball. 

But then... hey, why should you listen to me...  with me talking to my car occasionally, or shouting at that damned traffic light for it's audacity to always stop me when i'm really in a hurry.  So congratulating chunks of silicon, and strings of metals and plastic, flipping binaries around the globe isn't that far out for me :Smile_glasses:

p.s. Besides, it's anything but uncommon to congratulate someone on the anniversary of their successful business venture ;->  

• Funny 1

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,071 posts
7,200 battles

Congratz WG,

shame though that there is no Uboats in Random Matches yet :D

Anyways, here is a big pile of celebration fish`n`chips, others will bring the salt along...

Players
155 posts
7,574 battles

Happy anniversary to all the players and WG staff! 

Wish to all of you less frustration, more breathtakingly unpredictable matches and all the close brawling BB fun you can take!

Free citadel devastating strikes from me to all of you today! :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[S-M-V]
Players
80 posts
8,476 battles
5 hours ago, AirSupremacy said:

shame though that there is no Uboats in Random Matches yet :D

Leave that for something special, and not random battles, because not everybody wants to play them or with them, read comments in thread about it.

If they wanna put it in random battles, I would like that you get an button  - on - off (like there was in World of Tanks if you didnt wanna play that game mode - idk. what it was called, but it was like epicentre in WowS) So, if You didnt wanna play it, you just put it on off in options, and It never came to you. 

That I would like - just an normal choice, like I belive would 80% of playerbase like.. :cap_horn:

P.S. I aint bringing saltiness ;)

Alpha Tester, Beta Tester
161 posts
13 hours ago, Fesvil said:

Reading through the dissatisfied users I am amazed by the audacity and greed of some:

"What about a reward for every 1000 battle played?" : As players have written before: There's a reward for every ship you own, after having played nearly 15k ships I suppose that user has all ships in the game where as others do not???

"What about discounts on ships and other items" : They are often enough, and to maximize your "container potential".. Just play the game.. jeeze... 

"Aww Conq is losing the guns less than 1% is using (guestimate as I've yet to see 1 single conq being played with those) and making a bit of a different ship available for coal..." Well you get overly compensated, by getting the stock for free if you've sold them.

Well, it depends on the angle from you look at things. 

Reward for 1k battles was passive reward. Now they force you to play because they know they are losing playerbase -> WG greed

Again. Discount is a passive reward. This year they force you to play because they need people online -> WG greed

They could keep those guns on Conq if only 1% is using them. But they want you to PLAY to get another pointless copy premium that nobody asked for -> WG greed

For every reward they "offer" now you need to spend time in the game because when you do that there is a chance you give WG some extra money and the playerbase looks alive. 

Previously rewards were given also for time you have already spent in the game.

Do you see the difference why people might be angry and "ungrateful"? From marketing point of view it is genius but forcing people to play in order to get rewards instead of giving them retrospectively is pure WG greed all over again. 

Just read between the lines. 

• Cool 2